Josh McEachran

Term-X

What position do you see Josh playing at in the 4-2-3-1 formation next season (if RDM stays on as manager or we stick with the formation with a new one)? Would it be playing alongside Mikel/Romeu in the double pivot role or playing in the hole behind the striker?

What position do you see Josh playing at in the 4-2-3-1 formation next season (if RDM stays on as manager or we stick with the formation with a new one)? Would it be playing alongside Mikel/Romeu in the double pivot role or playing in the hole behind the striker?

I don't see him playing here at all next season, as he is nowhere near ready hence why he warms the bench at Swansea. Its not that their midfield is amazing either its just the fact he gets 10-15 minutes every 2 or 3 weeks if hes lucky and this was meant to speed up his development? Don't get me wrong I'm sure hes learned from their training but there is no point in him sitting warming the bench for them when he could of been at another club on loan actually playing.

I say in future we keep young players here and give them the appropriate playing time unless...

the club we are loaning him too can guarantee him first team football and reguarly.

We stick a clause in the loan deal saying he can come back if he doesn't get so many minutes in a month time length.

I say in future we keep young players here and give them the appropriate playing time unless...

the club we are loaning him too can guarantee him first team football and reguarly.

We stick a clause in the loan deal saying he can come back if he doesn't get so many minutes in a month time length.

We should get another feeder club but an English one!

Or make it like Spain, with B teams.

There should be a separate league for PL B teams imo, playing roughly the same amount of games as the PL. Pity the FA know fuck all about trying to help develop talent.

Ye man totally agree, England is miles behind Spain,Germany and Netherlands in developing young players.Its like FA really couldn't care less, I have the impression they just want to make as much money as possible and thats all.

Ye man totally agree, England is miles behind Spain,Germany and Netherlands in developing young players.Its like FA really couldn't care less, I have the impression they just want to make as much money as possible and thats all.

The problem is you have Allardyce and Pulis impressionists coaching the kids of this country.

Any potential English Messi will be in Tesco stacking shelves by the time he's 17.

I have to admit, I would criticize the FA but they basically gave Scotland half their national team... Commons, Mackie, Morrison etc. Fucking pathetic shows how bad Scotland is at bringing their own youngsters through as well, but that is mostly because English clubs buy them all like Feruz! Despite him being at Chelsea, since I support Celtic as well as Chelsea, I was disappointed after all Celtic had done for him and his family when he left. He wouldn't be in this country if Celtic hadn't seen him playing football.

There should be a separate league for PL B teams imo, playing roughly the same amount of games as the PL. Pity the FA know fuck all about trying to help develop talent.

AVB suggested that months ago about having the reserve teams playing in a competitive league like they do in Spain but got slated for trying to change the tradition and structure of English football. :doh:

AVB suggested that months ago about having the reserve teams playing in a competitive league like they do in Spain but got slated for trying to change the tradition and structure of English football. :doh:

David Moyes has tried it and Wenger suggested it too. Its the right way to go !

But those fellas that run English football are too afraid to change things.

And that's why young players will continue to fall into the gap between reserve team football & first team football. This limits their development and we are left with a whole bunch of 22-25 years old who won't get the chance to represent England and/or play top level football.

What shite timing this loan move was.

Josh would have actually got some playing time under RDM with the fixture conquestion we had and not only that he would have had a FA Cup winners and at worst a CL runners up one aswell.

The timing of this loan move was fucking dreadful. He would have got the winners mentality being part off an FA Cup winning squad and one that got so far in the CL instead he sat on the bench with Swansea and never played in anything over than defeats.

I can't even begin to imagine the frustration he must be feeling right now.