Josh McEachran

Term-X

No one is criticizing his defending from a pre-season game, that would be stupid. His involvement yesterday just sparked a discussion about him. I would have made the same arguments 2 weeks ago, as would everyone else I presume.

But don't we take those youngsters to preseason so that they can have a chance to impress the manager and prove that they've developed enough to be with the first team? Seems unfair to not take these performances in preseason into account.

If he's guaranteed at least 15-20 games this year I'd rather he'd stay here.

Last two loan spells have been complete disasters. He'd only fit in a specific position and the majority of clubs here don't play that type of player, they'd prefer a more athletic B2B type.

He's been used as a LW or AM. Never once in the pivot.

Should have loaned him to Wigan when we had the chance a couple of seasons ago.

In terms of vision, creativity and overall passing he's a level above Wilshere but he doesn't have the ability to go past players and pure aggression that Jack does.

I'd say they're pretty even in terms of talent with a few glaring flaws.

In terms of vision, creativity and overall passing he's a level above Wilshere but he doesn't have the ability to go past players and pure aggression that Jack does.

I'd say they're pretty even in terms of talent with a few glaring flaws.

Jack Wilshire is a starting midfielder for one of the better teams in the world. He was one of the best midfielders in a top league before he got hurt. Josh had a decent year in the Championship. He probably should go on loan back to the Championship unless Chelsea can find a good fit in the bottom of the Premier League. It's not that Wilshire is better, it's that they are on different planets in terms of where they are right now.

Jack Wilshire is a starting midfielder for one of the better teams in the world. He was one of the best midfielders in a top league before he got hurt. Josh had a decent year in the Championship. He probably should go on loan back to the Championship unless Chelsea can find a good fit in the bottom of the Premier League. It's not that Wilshire is better, it's that they are on different planets in terms of where they are right now.

iBEwT7tEC0X2B.gif

What does all of that have to do with talent? In terms of development Wilshere is clearly ahead of Josh but they're still a wash when it comes to overall ability.

Wilshere fanboys lol. His team played BETTER without him last year.

Oscar, De Bruyne, Mata > Wilshere. So overrated.

This is what club bias does to people. Absolutely insane assertion.

Don't think i can be accused of club biased, this time last year i nearly caused a riot by suggesting Cahill wasn't that good

Go on youtube and search his run against Sheff.Wed where he just glided past about half of their team, tell me Wilshere, Cleverly or whoever else English could do that.

But as i said it's one thing having the talent to play at the top (which he does) but talent is only 10% of the equation if even that, i i knew 2 people growing up and played football against them a lot, player x was better than player y by a distance, but do you know what happened? player y broke into the Plymouth first team under Peter Reid at 17 (all be it for not very long) while the other (player x) is currently stacking shelves in Tesco playing in the same pub league i do.

In terms of over-all package Josh still has a while to go, but in terms of natural talent, he has it and then some.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/wayne-rooney-transfer-romelu-lukaku-2077088

Mourinho explained: "Josh McEachran will go on loan and we are thinking of letting Nathaniel Chalobah go for a last season, though he is for sure, a Chelsea player and could be in our squad already.

"Of the others, Lucas Piazon will go out, Wallace will go on too because he has no work permit. And while we'd like to keep Bertrand Traore we know he might not get a permit."

Don't think i can be accused of club biased, this time last year i nearly caused a riot by suggesting Cahill wasn't that good

Go on youtube and search his run against Sheff.Wed where he just glided past about half of their team, tell me Wilshere, Cleverly or whoever else English could do that.

But as i said it's one thing having the talent to play at the top (which he does) but talent is only 10% of the equation if even that, i i knew 2 people growing up and played football against them a lot, player x was better than player y by a distance, but do you know what happened? player y broke into the Plymouth first team under Peter Reid at 17 (all be it for not very long) while the other (player x) is currently stacking shelves in Tesco playing in the same pub league i do.

In terms of over-all package Josh still has a while to go, but in terms of natural talent, he has it and then some.

Wilshere's dribbling and close control is one of the best I have seen from an English midfielder for sure. Wilshere done a similar thing when Arsenal played Swansea in the FA Cup last season. Same with Cleverley. Josh is a good technical player but Wilshere, right now is in a different class. I don't see how we are comparing their abilities. Wilshere IMO is better in nearly every aspect. You may not see him dictating play like he could because their other main playmaker is Arteta. But Wilshere's vision, dribbling, close control, passing and vision is excellent. I really think some people (not at you Tomo) are forgetting what Wilshere does.

Wilshere is the only English player apart from Rooney and maybe Shaw that I would actually want here. He's a phenomenal player but he's been ravaged by injury recently so people have obviously forgotten how good he is.

Josh is definitely the better passer + better vision but Wilshere just owns Josh in everything else.

Wilshere is massively overrated and has been living off an overhyped performance nearly 3 seasons ago. What exactly has he done in his career so far?

His vision is average, he can't dictate play like Gundogan or Thiago, his passing technique is painfully mediocre, he lacks trickery and he doesn't score goals at all.

Not sure what the fuss is about. I'd take Ramsey over him, he does everything Wilshere better apart from the burst of pace past players.