Josh McEachran

Term-X

Just saw the rerun of the match. He came on when Cardiff where trying to get an equalizer and Wingan sat rather deep to defend, but he did well, imo. Defensively he made a couple of interceptions and kept his concentration well. On the ball, he was a joy to watch as always with the few superb first time passes and touches. He looks stronger.

Just saw the rerun of the match. He came on when Cardiff where trying to get an equalizer and Wingan sat rather deep to defend, but he did well, imo. Defensively he made a couple of interceptions and kept his concentration well. On the ball, he was a joy to watch as always with the few superb first time passes and touches. He looks stronger.

Is he a still a ball playing midfielder then? Or is he more a holding mid anchor man now? I haven't really been keeping up with his development lately I must admit...

Is he a still a ball playing midfielder then? Or is he more a holding mid anchor man now? I haven't really been keeping up with his development lately I must admit...

He played as the anchor man yesterday, but he played a more advanced role in the first game for Wigan. I like him when he plays next to a holding midfielder so he has the freedom to utilize his quick passing and creative edge.

How did he perform?

Didn't watch it, but from what I've read, Wigan played a very good game and had the most of the possession which Josh obviously enjoys. Their Twitter account said that he had a fine game. He came off at the 75 minute mark because he still hadn't 100% recovered from his last injury.

Wigan manager Uwe Rosler latest to talk Josh McEachran and 'physicality'

"Josh came on against Barnsley and took five or 10 minutes to settle in, but I thought he played very well. Everything went through him down that left-hand side, and we looked a dangerous team going forward."

"In the second half, for one reason or another, we passed the ball around the back four a lot but we never really got Josh involved. They marked him out of the game, they tried to run over our midfield, they brought on another forward and went long at every opportunity."

"We couldn't get Josh on the ball, and I just felt I needed to bring on a little bit more energy and physicality to cope with their approach."

"That doesn't mean I was disappointed with Josh's contribution. I was delighted with the way he got on the ball and I know our supporters appreciate him as much as I do."

-Uwe Rösler

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2014/2/21/5432760/josh-mceachran-physicality-part-many

• 2 weeks later...