Josh McEachran

Term-X

You know what I think Josh needs?He needs to play with players like hazard,matic,Oscar etc to show his true potential imo.

I think we know he has potential but he never seems to be making any progress to fulfilling it , I think he will be sold at end of season to a championship side

Does anybody know why he wasnt in the squad yesterday?

The manager has never played him twice a week, and the most he's played was 67 minutes against Yeovil. Tells you what the manager thinks of his physical state.

He starts today against QPR.

It's not a bad ambition to have, it would just be good to see him show it consistently. At the end of the day, if he doesn't make it here but does still work hard he will go on to have a good career as he is undoubtedly talented, he just seems to have stalled for a few years. He cannot be solely blamed for stalling either. Perhaps he had lost sight of what's important (training hard and being committed to football) but surely there other mitigating circumstances e.g. poor loan moves and managerial instability that have affected him. No doubt, a truly top player would have overcome those issues, but he still has the talent to have a decent career in the PL, even if it isn't here.

That's his problem, he still thinks it's a realistic ambition - but it aint.

In terms off raw talent he is the best to come out off our academy for some time, it's his other aspects that are letting him down.
If the club gave Micheal Mancienne years and years off loans to prove himself, Josh will atleast be afforded the same chance.

I really like Josh's vision and ability. But, he hasn't gotten any bigger/stronger it seems in 3 years or so. I don't see him 'making it' at Chelsea with his lack of physical strength.

He has such talent that I have to wonder whether anyone tried to get him to bulk-up or make changes to his lifestyle. If I were trying to engineer him, I would have sent him to Spain for better food, a spot on a Spanish club along a lifestyle coach.

In terms off raw talent he is the best to come out off our academy for some time, it's his other aspects that are letting him down.

If the club gave Micheal Mancienne years and years off loans to prove himself, Josh will atleast be afforded the same chance.

How gracious of them!

• 2 weeks later...

Just rewatched the Wigan game vs Le Arse up to the point Josh went off and on the ball he's sound, off it the difference between him and McCarthur was borderline cringeworthy.

He needs to sort that out especially with Mourinho at the helm.