Gregory van der Wiel

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ask any Ajax fan about this guy, the Bosingwa similarities are uncanny.

Jose Bosingwa was Gregory Van der Wiel before Gregory Van der Wiel was Gregory Van der Wiel. Much rather have Isla or Azpilicueta, in that order.

we need to address the quota of British players in the squad, so for me it has to be kyle walker of the yids... and we can get him on the "cheap' seeing as some team in blue just kicked them out of the champions league. :yay:

we need to address the quota of British players in the squad, so for me it has to be kyle walker of the yids... and we can get him on the "cheap' seeing as some team in blue just kicked them out of the champions league. :yay:

It will never happen. Twattenham rejected a £40million bid for Modrić last year and they weren't in the Champions League then. Besides Walker much like Gareth Bale in 10/11 season has been grossly overrated.

It will never happen. Twattenham rejected a £40million bid for Modrić last year and they weren't in the Champions League then. Besides Walker much like Gareth Bale has been grossly overrated.

Yea..I think at one stage, Redknapp said Bale was worth more than £100 million....lols.

We should attempt to lure Micah Richards - struggling to get a game at Man Citeh!

It would be an amazing signing. I really like Richards. He can get too carried away attacking though, but not as much as Bosingwa.

I don't understand some of the posters here. First they say Ivanovic will be first choice RB next season and if we are after a RB, then it should be a back-up. Then they say they rather have Azpilicueta than VdW, but I think Azpi will want a staring role more than Van der Wiel, so this doesn't make much sense. I would release/sell Bosingwa and Ferreira and buy Van der Wiel, than make Hutch the 3rd choice RB, like Ferreira was this and last season. Ivanovič will probably play a fair share of the games in the CB position, because of the Terry "racist" scandal and injuries to Cahill.

I just think that VdW is more likely to accept the back-up RB role than Azpilicueta or Isla and he will only cost 8 million €, which is half the money than Bosingwa was bought for. There are very few good young RB around and I think that Gregory is a good choice (not a perfect choice), because he is an attacking full back who can cross, dribble and also shoot (his goal in UCL this year for example) unfortunately, he is not a good defender, but I would only use him against teams than play defensive and "park the bus" in Stamford Bridge.

Starts vs. Denmark.

I personally don't particularly want him here, but it looks like we may be getting him, so I hope he has a great game!

the guy sucks. we just got rid of a bosingwa, y do we want another one? hutchinson seems much better. bertrand can do the job do(not much idea how good he would be on the right flank). anyways no point in wasting 10mil. please.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You