Wesley Sneijder

Milan

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiddink's back - and wants to beat Fergie to World Cup star

Guus Hiddink wants to hijack Wesley Sneijder's proposed move to Manchester United as the first act of his Chelsea revolution.

The veteran manager's return to Stamford Bridge is set to be confirmed within days after Turkish ­football chiefs reluctantly accepted his heart was set on London.

But while a wrangle over compensation of £4million to be paid to his current employers Turkey continues and he is still unsure if he wants to go back into full-time club management, Hiddink urged Roman ­Abramovich to swipe Sneijder.

United are confident of landing the Inter Milan schemer for £30million, but that may change if the Holland star feels ­compatriot Hiddink could help him settle in England.

Sneijder's name emerged as a Chelsea target as Hiddink's departure from his job as manager of the Turkey national team edged closer.

A Turkish Football Federation insider said: "Chelsea is too good an offer to turn down and the TFF understands this. We'll understand he's coached his last Turkey game - as long as Chelsea pay the compensation."

Read more: http://www.mirrorfoo...l#ixzz1OXSCkCT8

thoughts?

thoughts?

to be honest i give the mirror as much credence as twitter and the sun doesnt get much more. Would love to see sneijder at chels but not sure it will come about. Thing is tho i do expect us to get one of him, nasri or modric as all three look to be on the move and id be happy with any of them

Mixed feelings for me. He is a great player, he is still young and he is the kind of player we need. However, I'm concerned about his wage. I found that it was something about 330 000 € per month, which represents £290k per month I guess. hence I'd rather us to get someone lesser hyped. And by the way, ain't he be an injury-prone player ?

Mixed feelings for me. He is a great player, he is still young and he is the kind of player we need. However, I'm concerned about his wage. I found that it was something about 330 000 € per month, which represents £290k per month I guess. hence I'd rather us to get someone lesser hyped. And by the way, ain't he be an injury-prone player ?

Isn't that then less than 70k per week?

Isn't that then less than 70k per week?

Oooops, I mixed month and week... I need to sleep more... :fainthv9:

Thanks for the correction.

edit : I gotta find that on a poor source... It would be really weird if he is only on a £70k-per-week wage..

That eriksen looks like a top class player! Haven't heard any links with him but guus might shine to a fellow Dutchman! :)

That eriksen looks like a top class player! Haven't heard any links with him but guus might shine to him!

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You