Wesley Sneijder

Milan

Only if we hadn't bought fernandon't scorres in the first place. the spaniard's arrival may have dented Sturridge's chances of playing in his favourite position. And with lukaku also coming in, He would have to make do with playing as a wing forward.

The Lukaku thing isn't confirmed. And he has no divine right to walk into the team straightaway, he'll have to earn his stripes, the way Studge did at Bolton and when given his chances in blue.

Plus if rumours are to be believed Drogba's going out so there's a window there.

We're going off topic :D

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Lukaku thing isn't confirmed. And he has no divine right to walk into the team straightaway, he'll have to earn his stripes, the way Studge did at Bolton and when given his chances in blue.

I spoke with Lukaku on the phone last night and he told me it's a done deal :whistling: Lukaku may have to prove his mettle first but I doubt any manager would play Sturridge ahead of him. It's the infamous Belgian wonderkid we are talking about here B)

Plus if rumours are to be believed Drogba's going out so there's a window there.

RA wants to kim him around to mentor Lukaku, apparently.

We're going off topic :D

We are merely basking in the spirit of transfer season :delight:

A ) Yeah, I know he is more a second striker than an winger. But it happens that each games I saw of him (and each match highlight as well) he was playing on the wing. I know he isn't the kind of player to stay next to the touchline, he plays more ala Robben/Messi (he starts his run on the wing then he cuts inside). But, at the opposite of Anelka and Malouda, he is able to beat his man, to cross, to make quick passes, to speed the game.

B ) It was in 2008/2009. The next season is the 2011/2012. Two years will be passed, and as the saying goes in french « a lot of water will have flowed under the bridge ». Back then he was 29 years-old, next year he will be 31 years-old. That's a big difference, especially for a winger (for who the speed and pace are important).

C ) It was last year. Did you see how he played poorly this year ? To my honest opinion, next season he will be more likely to play like he did this year than the last year, ie bad. And yes Neymar isn't world class neither. But at the opposite of Malouda who next year would be useless as he will be very old, Neymar is an upcoming star. Furthermore, about what I did see, Neymar's qualities are more interesting for us than Malouda's.

D ) LOL

Great post. You had some good points about Neymar being a winger in our side, but i still cant belive he will play like a proper winger in Englend.

I dont think he is able to runing on the wing and make crosses. Its not is style of play. And i will say it again, i DO think he could help us, but i guss you understood

my point already.

About Malouda- Like i said, our intire team played shit, Malouda isnt a player who can carry the all team on his back. When the midfield is good, the strikers are good,

Malouda playes great. And lets be honest, if the midfield and strikers wont improve next season nobody can help us do better. Not even Neymar.

One year ago, Malouda played like a world class player, one year doesnt effect THAT much.

"Neymar's qualities are more interesting for us than Malouda's". Of course they are! But what im trying to say is that Neymar or any other young winger wont change everything, Neymar and Malouda have that the other players will be better(Essien, Lamps, Torres, DD ,a new MF like Wesley) to be effective them selves. Both of them.

No, Danny didn't earn his stripes at Bolton. He was improving for his own good.

On topic. I don't see this happening, because Inter need to improe their midfield. By selling Sneijder they would do the opposite. And Moratti wants to have a good team.

I'm curious to know what will happened if Lukaku will sign...

who will play? (Torres?Drogba?)

and who will substitute?(Sturidge?Lukaku?)

I really want Lukaku in our team but i think that it will affect Sturidge's playing time...

And it's BAD!!!

He is a great talent that we mustn't lose!!

Tomorrow Sneijder will turn 27, and he's won the treble with inter...

Pastore - 21 years old, young, hungry, has everything to prove and wants to make history.

Hamsik - 23 years old, the world is his oyster, ready to make a real name for himself on the world stage.

Pastore - 21 years old, young, hungry, has everything to prove and wants to make history.

Hamsik - 23 years old, the world is his oyster, ready to make a real name for himself on the world stage.

Almost the same story with Torres.

Yes,he did the treble in Italy,but Premiership is something totally different and Chelsea is a challenge to everyone + his wage would be pretty big motivation to show us the quality he definitely has.

Hamsik and Pastore are good players,but not the ones we need.It's either Sneijder or Modric for me.cool.gif

But Pastore ->>> 50 MIL and Hamsik want to stay at Napoli for another season.

You say these as if they're bad things. How many of our players have been on a CL winning side? (Yes, Anelka has, but aren't we about to sell him?) Wouldn't it be a good idea to have someone who's been there before? And 27 is not 35, ffs. Sneijder has 4-6 productive years in him. Seeing as he was the main spearhead for the treble in question, I don't think he's as bad an option as you seem to believe.

You say these as if they're bad things. How many of our players have been on a CL winning side? (Yes, Anelka has, but aren't we about to sell him?) Wouldn't it be a good idea to have someone who's been there before? And 27 is not 35, ffs. Sneijder has 4-6 productive years in him. Seeing as he was the main spearhead for the treble in question, I don't think he's as bad an option as you seem to believe.

The problem with our transfer policy is that the board seem to be obsessed with the 'finished product', rather than young talents like Sanchez, Pastore etc.

The problem with our transfer policy is that the board seem to be obsessed with the 'finished product', rather than young talents like Sanchez, Pastore etc.

Well, at least finished products get playing time here.

I agree with your point, though. I think the kids are alright and should be given equal opportunity with the veterans for playing time. Seeing McEachran, Kakuta, etc. on the bench or not at all is disappointing. Why go in for them, then let them rot on the sidelines? I wouldn't say it's just the board - Carlo didn't do his part, either.

So it seems. To me, the best type of players to buy are the players around age of 21-24 who are ready for big stage and want to prove themself. Players like Ramires and Luiz, not players like Neymar and Lukaku who are under 20.

chai.gifAgreed. Club is always drawn to players jumped the zenith of their abilities. Torres is a good example. I'm not convinced that his strong years are behind him, but his performance in May will now be proven correct. Now why we Sneijder? To a great player, but if you deal in England and Chelsea is a contentious issue. A Pastore would be a far better move. Player who has yet it is about to shine.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You