Nathaniel Chalobah

Clevemayer

Man he's really calm and composed. Conte must have seen him in Italy prior and clearly Nat's learned composure on the ball on time on loan.

With all the hype Loftus-Cheek received last season, the pressure was less on Chalobah and it's worked in his favour. It will be a good day when Chalobah, Ake, Aina and Loftus-Cheek are on the same pitch in a league game! (of course I know we're a way off that, but it's encouraging that it's more realistic than any other manager past)

5 hours ago, Miguelito said:

My favorite thing about him might be his body language. He runs, walks, etc around the pitch like he OWNS it. Just so confident.

I'm very much with@OhForAGreavsie in the camp that he should be starting over matic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I completely agree with you. In fact I have used exactly the same phrase you did to describe Nat's on pitch persona. He does indeed move around as if he owns the place.

I first made that point more than four years ago when Nat was captaining the youth team and most recently repeated it earlier this season when I argued that, if he can make himself an automatic starter, Nat would be the perfect choice to claim the armband as JT's long-term successor.

Now there is something I must add. I have many times in the past written off Nat's chances of making it at Chelsea. If he does become a starter, and the club captain to boot, he will have proved me to be comprehensively wrong. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

He's a good player. Wonder how he'd have developed with more regular game time here. Love how proactive he is in getting the ball forward. He also needs to get that confidence he had in the final third at youth level back - he's definitely good enough to stick around next year. 

• 1 month later...

I hope Chalo is given more game time this season to see if he can make it. Last year of his contract i can see (and you cant blame him) leaving for free if not given any game time. Would be another of our 'top youth prospects' walking away for nothing 

Sky Sport‏Verified account @SkySport  1h1 hour ago
#SkyCalciomercato: @TorinoFC_1906, torna di moda il nome di Imbula, contatti con il @ChelseaFC per Chalobah   

Simon Johnson‏ @sjstandardsport  2h2 hours ago
Chalobah is still hoping to make it at #cfc, but imminent arrival of Bakayoko and lack of games last season is cause for concern.

Simon Johnson‏ @sjstandardsport  2h2 hours ago
I'm hearing Nathaniel Chalobah wants assurances over his role/game time at #cfc before signing new deal.Talks set to take place next week.

Nathaniel Chalobah is set to meet #Chelsea for talks next week over his future at Stamford Bridge. [Standard]

#Chelsea are planning to negotiate a new 5-year deal for Chalobah, but he is looking for reassurances over his role at the club. [Standard]

More games next season should give Chalobah more opportunities, but he could decide to ask for a loan move elsewhere instead. [Standard]