Nathaniel Chalobah

Clevemayer

1 minute ago, whats happening said:

is there a buy back clause? if not im gonna go crazy

He is mediocre, no need. One of our most underwhelming prospects. Mount, Colkett, RLC, Baker, all are much better than him and are still here

Actually very sad to see him go.  He is the one I wanted most to make it here.  I'm not too crazy on youth making it, but he really is the one I was hoping for.  

He just has this swagger about him when he plays.  I just think he brings a presence that isn't something that can be taught.  Future Captain material somewhere.  He is clearly a great guy to have in dressing room and gets along with people.  I'll never forget the way he came across to Aguero after that horror tackle on Luiz.  He stood up for this teammate and team, showed no fear in defending that. I'll also never forget that assist to moses. Pure class there.  

He doesn't really excel at this point in any facet of the game, so I'm hoping he will develop that soon.  He has the potential to though, and he solid at just about everything.  I'm hoping he adds a bit to his game and becomes a dominant box-to-box or defensive midfielder.  I rate him higher than matic, and think he should have gotten more playing this past season over him, but it is hard when you are winning with a certain line-up.  I was really hoping matic would be sold and he would get more PT this season, but I get it.

It seems that this was his choice so that is fair enough, I wish him nothing but the best.  I want to see him succeed, and I hope we put a buy back clause in.  I have no doubt he would have stayed if he had more playing time, so if he develops enough for him to start for us, I think he will come back gladly.  

58 minutes ago, Thendo said:

Sad too see him go, probably should've gotten more chances last season but I can't blame Conte after winning the pl.

I assume we will either keep Matic (doubt it since he's training alone etc) or buy another backup... No idea who that would be tho.

Also it feels like we're letting go of homegrown/English players one by one now, too lazy to check the numbers atm but I guess we're good for now? 

We're not good anymore. Now that Chalobah has been sold, we're 1 short of the minimum of 8. Fabregas, Moses, Cahill, Baker, Beeney, Blackmon and Hector. 

13 minutes ago, bluephoenix said:

I dont follow youth players that much but its sad that we don't use/develop our academy players to anything more meat for small teams.

There are MASSIVE expectations at the club. No manager will risk a bad run of form by playing youth players when we're able to field more experienced, better choices. I'll take winning trophies regularly over playing youth players  

Youth players have broken into the other top clubs through injuries typically and we don't usually have that problem. 

1 minute ago, Miguelito said:

Actually very sad to see him go.  He is the one I wanted most to make it here.  I'm not too crazy on youth making it, but he really is the one I was hoping for.  

He just has this swagger about him when he plays.  I just think he brings a presence that isn't something that can be taught.  Future Captain material somewhere.  He is clearly a great guy to have in dressing room and gets along with people.  I'll never forget the way he came across to Aguero after that horror tackle on Luiz.  He stood up for this teammate and team, showed no fear in defending that. I'll also never forget that assist to moses. Pure class there.  

He doesn't really excel at this point in any facet of the game, so I'm hoping he will develop that soon.  He has the potential to though, and he solid at just about everything.  I'm hoping he adds a bit to his game and becomes a dominant box-to-box or defensive midfielder.  I rate him higher than matic, and think he should have gotten more playing this past season over him, but it is hard when you are winning with a certain line-up.

It seems that this was his choice so that is fair enough, I wish him nothing but the best.  I want to see him succeed, and I hope we put a buy back clause in.  I have no doubt he would have stayed if he had more playing time, so if he develops enough for him to start for us, I think he will come back gladly.  

You said it yourself, he dosent excel at ANYTHING. What has he ever done to warrant such hype? i just dont get it.

Christenses, now he is a guy who deserves to be hyped as he proved on his previous loan that he is actually a true top class prospect, he is the one that deserves a chance, not the 23 year old Chalobah, who has done absolutely nothing onhis whole carreer so far.

Good ridance IMO, and this will allow us to give chance to better players than him

1 minute ago, lucashm said:

You said it yourself, he dosent excel at ANYTHING. What has he ever done to warrant such hype? i just dont get it.

Christenses, now he is a guy who deserves to be hyped as he proved on his previous loan that he is actually a true top class prospect, he is the one that deserves a chance, not the 23 year old Chalobah, who has done absolutely nothing onhis whole carreer so far.

Good ridance IMO, and this will allow us to give chance to better players than him

It really is the aura he has about him that I wanted him to make it so badly.  But I also said he is solid at most everything.  I really do think he is a better player than matic.  In our current formation, he doesn't necessarily HAVE to excel at certain things.  He shows spurts of brilliant passing and vision.  He is good enough defensively, although I think he needs to improve his positioning.  

I don't think we have better players than him that are behind him in the pecking order.  RLC has been a joke when he plays.  He has ridiculous potential, but doesn't seem to be ready to make the step up yet (we'll see this season).  I don't rate colkett or baker as highly as chalobah.  I think they are overrated by many.  

Christensen obviously deserves a chance, but it's irrelevant to this discussion.  

2 minutes ago, Miguelito said:

It really is the aura he has about him that I wanted him to make it so badly.  But I also said he is solid at most everything.  I really do think he is a better player than matic.  In our current formation, he doesn't necessarily HAVE to excel at certain things.  He shows spurts of brilliant passing and vision.  He is good enough defensively, although I think he needs to improve his positioning.  

I don't think we have better players than him that are behind him in the pecking order.  RLC has been a joke when he plays.  He has ridiculous potential, but doesn't seem to be ready to make the step up yet (we'll see this season).  I don't rate colkett or baker as highly as chalobah.  I think they are overrated by many.  

Christensen obviously deserves a chance, but it's irrelevant to this discussion.  

Being solid at everything is not enough for a club like Chelsea, and i strongly disagree about his defensive presence and him being better than Matic. He doesnt offer much to our build up play, nor does he offer alot of defensive solidity. Baker and Colkett are probably more raw than him, but they have very evident strenghts, Colkett is a terrific passer of the ball, and so is Baker, who is also extremely two footed and an excelent set piece taker.

RLC has an attitude problem, thats true, but it doesnt help that the managers keep playing him on different positions, he should be a pivot player IMO and if he can sort out his attitude problems, we will have quite a  player on our hands.

All in all, Chalobah doesnt cut it for me, and i am glad he is gone

4 minutes ago, quickpassnmove said:

I'm not surprised. I think our manager sees him the same way I do: a player that has very limited affect on matches and mediocre awareness/reaction to pressure and movement.

Hence why Conte offered him a 17m/year new contract for the upcoming season which Chalobah turned down 

Another surprising decision. I'm glad in a sense that players aren't just getting loaned out so far that have a slim chance of a future, but I can't imagine what our squad will look like come the start of the season.

Potential outgoings - Zouma, Michy, Remy, Pasalic, Christensen, MVG, Matic, Musonda

Who exactly is going to fill our squad when we aren't exactly in need or going for wholesale changes like City?

1 hour ago, lucashm said:

Being solid at everything is not enough for a club like Chelsea, and i strongly disagree about his defensive presence and him being better than Matic. He doesnt offer much to our build up play, nor does he offer alot of defensive solidity. Baker and Colkett are probably more raw than him, but they have very evident strenghts, Colkett is a terrific passer of the ball, and so is Baker, who is also extremely two footed and an excelent set piece taker.

RLC has an attitude problem, thats true, but it doesnt help that the managers keep playing him on different positions, he should be a pivot player IMO and if he can sort out his attitude problems, we will have quite a  player on our hands.

All in all, Chalobah doesnt cut it for me, and i am glad he is gone

I understand those views.  Like I said, it might be about the intangibles I see in Chalobah that aren't often evident in players.  

About Colkett and Baker: I agree with all those points, but they aren't enough for me to want them to play.  I don't get the hype around Baker to be honest.  I would never play a player just because they are good at set pieces.  He is two-footed, but that doesn't help that much.  He never imposes himself enough for me.  Colkett, I understand the hype from some a bit more because like you said, he is a tremendous passer, but I don't think he effects play enough.  I don't see him cutting it at the top level.  One of those who can shine when the youth set-up, when there is so much more space, etc.  The gap is seriously so massive to first team, and I don't think he will make the cut.  I would love to be proven wrong about these two though.

Anyways,  I appreciate the decent debate when we disagree about Nat's abilities.  

wasnt expecting this at all, but i think maybe there is a buy back clause involved, i dont know, but i wish him all the best in the future, thank you for everything, shame you didnt kick the shit out of Aguero after he tackled Luiz tough, but that push was enough, he will get a lot of playing time at Watford for sure, he needs it. Cheers and goodluck

With Matic also looks like will be sold, feels like we will buy another CM?

6 hours ago, Thendo said:

Also it feels like we're letting go of homegrown/English players one by one now, too lazy to check the numbers atm but I guess we're good for now? 

I always count we have 18 first team players now (with Chalobah leaving), 17 if Zouma leaving, 3 are HG (Moses, Cahill, Fabregas). We are sort of 5 more HG (filled up the quota with any HG kids from reserves or U18 if needed). Costa and Matic out, mystery man and Bakayoko in, so it won't change anything. Basically we still can sign another 2-3 non-HG players.

Reference : http://thechels.info/wiki/First_team_squad