Nathaniel Chalobah

Clevemayer

1 hour ago, RoyalBlues said:

Dude carrying Monaco for the French league title and SF CL. He is also included in CL team of the season. You can't be serious considering both on the same level already.

What level are u referring to, u mentioning the French League as it is one of the bet in the world ... And like i said potential which he is ...but one good season doesnt make u world class.

And on the CL team of the season, doesnt that change with every season except for a few permanent players who are truly world class. Matic was the best in the PL 2 season ago and we want him gone today!!! 

As i said had Chalobah got the same opportunity we would had been talking about him in the breath as Bakayoko. 

I don't know why some lads on this forum who rated Chalobah so highly he was never going to break into chelsea 1st 11 he was always going to be seen has a squad player this is a guy who struggled to break in Burnley 1st 11 team and a napoli team but I do wish him luck at Watford 

13 hours ago, Special Juan said:

I mean there is another way of looking at this....If he had been playing at Monaco last season we would be paying 40M for him now:lol:

Or there's another way, if he was owned by Napoli and played the same (lack of) games he did and we signed him, the same people whining about this sale would have been the same to bitch and moan about how we have no ambition and have signed "another Papy/Hector level player".

• 3 weeks later...

With Matic being sold and us being short of midfielders, maybe we could go after this guy.

Seems to be well liked, sticks up for his teammates when butt-hurt City players try to injure our players, best as a CM, not a CDM or a CAM, HG.... the list goes on

sometimes the player just isn't that good and need to move to a smaller club. Whether he will improve and be OK (for a squad player) 2-3 years from now matters very little right now.

If you think of it from the manager's POV, can he rely on the player to cover and compete against most other PL outfits? Likely his, and most likely other coaches, assessment was that Chalobah was just not good enough and would have limited exposure in the starting XI which was not enough for the player.

Not much you can do in these situations. Player did what he thought was right, and so did the club.

31 minutes ago, quickpassnmove said:

Most non-existent player on the pitch for Watford. Britos gives the ball away, but Chalobah is a total passenger. No surprise; same as previous performances.

Give him half a season at least. 

Remember KDB was horrible at the beginning till he got a run of games. 

10 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Give him half a season at least. 

Remember KDB was horrible at the beginning till he got a run of games. 

We'll see, but I think that is just what he is: a limited midfielder who doesn't make things happen.

BTW, Richarlison is on now (the player Chelsea were supposedly scouting).

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, ja1 said:

Well done to him, first call up to full England squad. 

Southgate has always been a big fan of his. I wonder if a conversation with the England boss might not have played a part in Nat's insistence on joining Watford? Pure speculation but possible I suppose.

1 hour ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Southgate has always been a big fan of his. I wonder if a conversation with the England boss might not have played a part in Nat's insistence on joining Watford? Pure speculation but possible I suppose.

Of course it affected his decision.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/gareth-southgate-wants-nathaniel-chalobah-10704702

That's an article from June suggesting that even then Southgate considered Chalobah an option for next summer's World Cup but only if he plays PL football every week this season.

Wishing him well for the internationals even tho I could give less fucks about England NT in general. Chalobah's been one of my favorite youngsters coming through from the academy and I'm still holding onto the hopes we might see him as part of the Chelsea first team squad at some point in the future.