Nathaniel Chalobah

Clevemayer

4 minutes ago, RoyalBlues said:

LEOMEME.jpg.9a2503f2ebc89fa91528956e6652480a.jpg

Well upgrading is if you go and replace a potential with a World class player ... which is understandable, that we want bankable players ...

But how is it upgrading if you are replace future potentials with future potentials. 

That is called Stupidity!!! 

10 minutes ago, coolhead23 said:

Well upgrading is if you go and replace a potential with a World class player ... which is understandable, that we want bankable players ...

But how is it upgrading if you are replace future potentials with future potentials. 

That is called Stupidity!!! 

Dude carrying Monaco for the French league title and SF CL. He is also included in CL team of the season. You can't be serious considering both on the same level already.

Nathaniel Chalobah was never going to be a world class player.

But he is young, homegrown, Chelsea through and through, and I would much rather have we had kept him and sold Matic. 

I understand his desire to leave, with my blue-tinted-glasses off, that is undoubtedly the right career move for him. But I'm furious our board and management did not do more to try to keep him here. 

It's a huge shame, but I wish him the best of luck. 

7 minutes ago, gadget said:

Saving grace is the buy back clause. Hope Nate smashes it and comes home in a year or two, he's still a Chelsea boy at heart but speaks volumes to turn down money to play and progress his career.

Best of luck

Is there a buyback clause?

Lets hope so. sad to see him leave, especially if we have to keep Matic now. Also sad that we could not keep an average player here even with outrageous wages as he is homegrown, from our academy even. Need to buy another midfielder now for sure. 

I doubt we'll use him, but, Pasalic is in our squad, and in the past 2 years been a solid squad player for 2 top-ish teams. I can't imagine Chalobah being useful for Milan or Monaco (he was useless for Napoli.) They're the same age, no less.

He (Chalobah) offers a bit of everything, but just a bit isn't near enough.
Under patient guidance, Pasalic would be one of the higher goalscoring midfielders in the league.

One offers something most players in his position can't, the other doesn't.

3 minutes ago, RoyalBlues said:

beat me to it. Simon Johnson seems pretty clued up on chelsea/Chalobah.. also posted a picture of David luiz and Willian taking out Bakayoko last night.

His timeline is fairly Chelsea orientated 

Shame one of the only few players I thought could break through in our 1st team. From what I understood he was entering his final year, so it's obvious why the club decided to sell him so cheap. I refuse to believe there is no buy back clause considering Conte was praising him. All the best to him.