Nathaniel Chalobah

Clevemayer

17 hours ago, mccg said:

6 homegrowns on the bench today , hopefully the shape of things to come, get rid of afew deadwood , have Ake,Baker,Christensein ,Kennedy also nxt season Conte will have some fun, only need to add 2/3 world class signings and we are good to go imho.

Subs

5 not 6.

2 hours ago, blueblood22 said:

how is begovic is homegrown? because he played as a youngster in england? and what about moses is he considered as well?

To be considered as homegrown, one has to play 3 years between the age of 16 and 21. Fábregas is homegrown too, but Englishman Eric Dier is not HG as he played in Sporting as a youngster.

4 hours ago, mccg said:

6 not 5, Born in the former Yugoslavia, Begovic qualifies as home-grown having joined Portsmouth at the age of 16 in 2003,know your shit

a bit harsh but o.k...

i though we talking about academy players that grew up at chelsea and not about this HG law.

|Maintaining belief-Chalobah|

chalobah--maintaining-belief.img.png

Nathaniel Chalobah has revealed he always believed he would get a chance at Chelsea and is focused on working hard to get more opportunities in the first team.The 21-year-old was one of three home-grown products to come off the bench in our 3-0 win against Leicester, making his third appearance of the campaign, and he provided a sublime assist for Victor Moses to score our third goal of the game.Chalobah had six loan moves before making his debut earlier this season and he says he is now benefiting from the experience he gained with other clubs.

‘I’ve had a lot of loans – some that were good and some that were bad – but out of all the loans I’ve had, I’ve tried to learn as much as I could from them and I think that’s helping me now,’ he said.‘If you’re a youngster at Chelsea you always have to believe you are good enough, however many loans you have, because you never know what might happen. If you work hard, keep believing and at the right time you’re in the right place, you get your chance.‘I think the manager is trying to give all the young players and Academy graduates an opportunity. At the minute everybody at the club is working together and doing the best we can.‘I hope I get more chances. All I can do is try and do my best in training and see what happens.’

On the back heel which put Victor Moses clean through to wrap up the points against the Foxes, he said:  ‘I didn’t think it would come off as perfect as that, but that was the idea. I’m really happy for Victor to get the goal and for the team to get the win.’Chalobah believes the level of performance we produced against the reigning champions is what the Blues have to look to deliver week in, week out

‘That intensity is what the manager is looking for and that’s what the lads are trying to portray out there,’ he said. ‘It’s been good working with him, seeing the way he does things and I think all the boys are enjoying playing under him.’

chelseafc.com

On 16/10/2016 at 8:41 PM, blueblood22 said:

a bit harsh but o.k...

i though we talking about academy players that grew up at chelsea and not about this HG law.

In terms of competition regulations, the type of player you are talking about is described as "Club Trained".

2 hours ago, manpe said:

Chalobah, an academy graduate, playing 20 minutes against Manchester United. Is this Chelsea I'm watching? Obviously quite raw still, but I don't remember the last time I saw something like this... not a bought in youngster, but an academy player playing significant portion in one of the most high pressure games of the season.

Did some skills and nutmegs as well. Did not think Chalobah was that kind of a player!

15 minutes ago, Yeboii said:

Did some skills and nutmegs as well. Did not think Chalobah was that kind of a player!

Yeah, today when I saw that I was thinking to myself that the first time I saw him playing for the first team was some years ago in pre-season as CB and he gave a horrible pass to the opponent :D Totally different player now. Evolution is strong with this one.

5 hours ago, manpe said:

Yeah, today when I saw that I was thinking to myself that the first time I saw him playing for the first team was some years ago in pre-season as CB and he gave a horrible pass to the opponent :D Totally different player now. Evolution is strong with this one.

He's always been quite skilful - if you ever watched youth football when Nate was there you'd have seen him do these type of things. It's why he got moved up from CB to CM. Not really a part of his game that's evolved. I feel like with Nate we're just scratching the surface here. Loving that he's getting game time under Antonio, looks like he has a future here. 

4 hours ago, The Skipper said:

He's always been quite skilful - if you ever watched youth football when Nate was there you'd have seen him do these type of things. It's why he got moved up from CB to CM. Not really a part of his game that's evolved. I feel like with Nate we're just scratching the surface here. Loving that he's getting game time under Antonio, looks like he has a future here. 

I used to watch youth games now and then when I had Chelsea TV back in the day (still don't know how that was possible, it magically just was in telly). Not anymore, which is a shame.