Luka Modric

DavidEU

Maybe but Ramires is at his best as a right winger.

Mikel and Lampard have a good understanding and they're more technically rounded than Ramires so I would prefer them to start as much as possible. Ramires has explosive pace, wonderful stamina and is a good dribbler of the ball, making him more suited as a right midfielder who can get up and down both ends of the pitch rather than an out-and-out, get to the byline and cross style/cut inside and shoot winger.

Lol!!! Seriously??? What on earth are you talking about? Who is trying to 'force faith' as you say? I'm just being realistic and clearly Modric is off to Madrid! Your another one who needs to get over it as well it seems! There are plenty more players out there for us like Moutinho, Cabaye, Schweinsteiger ect we may have missed out on Modric but its not the end of the world! Jeez!

Got over it , last summer, but whatever. Point is , you don't have to repeat everything a mil. times, we got you already. Let's wait till' he puts pen-to-paper on a Madrid contract and then let's talk, oK? Oh, and please, don't add Schweini there, it's impossible..even if I would dream of it.

Got over it , last summer, but whatever. Point is , you don't have to repeat everything a mil. times, we got you already. Let's wait till' he puts pen-to-paper on a Madrid contract and then let's talk, oK? Oh, and please, don't add Schweini there, it's impossible..even if I would dream of it.

repeat what a mil times?

Fair enough, but don't you think we have decent backups in Meireles and Essien?

Like superblue Said, Essien with a good pre season might do the work. And with Meireles i cant stand his poor passing

Maybe but Ramires is at his best as a right winger.

Mikel and Lampard have a good understanding and they're more technically rounded than Ramires so I would prefer them to start as much as possible. Ramires has explosive pace, wonderful stamina and is a good dribbler of the ball, making him more suited as a right midfielder who can get up and down both ends of the pitch rather than an out-and-out, get to the byline and cross style/cut inside and shoot winger.

yeah but Mikel and Lampard are too deep atm. Gettin modric or moutinho in will freshen up our team and use Ramires, Hazard's pace effectively

we have 5 cms right now. mikel, essien, lampard, mereiles and romeu

all of them have the capability of playing in a 4 2 3 1 where we have only 2 slots for all five. i genuinely do believe that the better quality ahead of them will allow them to move further ahead on the pitch, our tactics won't be as defensive with the new quality players available to us.

we still need strengthening at right back and we need a back up forward/ versatile world class forward. modric would be amazing but it's third priority for me.

Yes, we got mikel, lamps, essien, meireles, romeu but..

Mikel: Awesome and has really grown in my eyes. Young and fit guy.

Lampard: Ageing but still very fit and will probably be available for most of the season.

Essien: In all honesty, i love the guy but he's done.

Meireles: I dont apprichiate this guy and dont even understand why we bought him. Not really good defensive nor offensively and his passing sucks.

Romeu: Whats going on here? Why hasnt he been playing? Will he remain at Chelsea? If so, he's a solid DM.

So, basically we've got Mikel, Lampard and Romeu as reasonable and solid DM. I would love to see us go for a relative cheap and promising DM just to be able to rotate and feel more comfortable there. And basically let Essien and Meireles go or sell them.

Lol. If you think we can play a good, attacking side with good retaining of the ball with Lampard in the double pivot you must be joking. We do need a player like Modric. Lets hope that if we do then Lampard won't have another hissy fit because he keeps being benched.

And I can't believe people still think Essien has some sort of part in the team. He is finished and needs to be shipped off, nothing more then a block of skin on dodgy legs. Get over him and move on.

I don't think we could even sell Essien. Which team would want him? It would be great if we shipped out Meireles and Essien. It would free up the space for a CM but the more I think about it the more I think we are not going to get a CM. It seems RW and RB is our priority. That would still be a fantastic transfer window for any team. Lampard and Mikel should do just fine. We can always adress the CM problem in January or next summer.

We had this whole saga last season and we won the UCL and FA Cup. Tottenham had the stronger squad and better players but won fuck all (again). There's no way we need top spend 30-40 million more on someone else. We maybe need a another solid midfielder in the Ballack/Lampard/Essien mould with strength and power who can attack and defend but not a player like Modric when we have Mata, Hazard and Ramires. I can't see what this transfer at that price will achieve.

Let him go to Spain.

Selling Sturridge would only be counter productive. We'd then not only have to buy a RW, RB, (possibly a CM), but also a striker. I hope we hang onto him. Even though he has only one year left on his contract, I think if he gets opportunities as a CF, he'll sign a new deal and stay with us. If by some chance Twattenham wants Sturridge and we're prepared to let him go (hopefully not) then we should definitely demand a Player + Cash deal for Modric otherwise they can fuck right off.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You