Gareth Bale

the wes

• Replies 965
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They would rather prefer Reus, and it ain't a secret. A fee doesn't make a player popular, well known or big.

When you're the most expensive transfer in the most popular sport in the world, you are extremely popular. No question about it.

When you're the most expensive transfer in the most popular sport in the world, you are extremely popular. No question about it.

Who sold more shirts, Bale or James?

I rest my case. RM are about names, and always will be.

Rumors going MU might go for 130m+ bid, surely even they can't afford that? Might as well make it 70m more to sign Messi if that was the case

The only way I can see Bale going to Utd is if, they swap him for De Gea.

RM are after the biggest names, and he isn't one of them IMO. There's no doubt he's a world class player, though.

I'm pretty sure he's among the top 25 popular players in football right now. That should be considered big name. AS it stands, I'm sure more people know of Bale than they do Rues, Riberry, and he is probably on the same level as Hazard in terms of popularity.

I'm pretty sure he's among the top 25 popular players in football right now. That should be considered big name. AS it stands, I'm sure more people know of Bale than they do Rues, Riberry, and he is probably on the same level as Hazard in terms of popularity.

I beg to differ, but each to their own.

I actually think that maybe Reus and Riberry are more high profile.

Ok so these are rumours about United, slowly gathering pace for a few months now, reports said that Bale wants a new contract at RM, blah blah blah but Madrid want Reus - typical Madrid but in all seriousness IF it did happen that United spanked £120m on him or even what Madrid paid for him £80m, how can they actually afford that + wages and have any money for other signings? They sure as hell can't sell anyone for more than £10m, thats being generous.

I know as Chelsea fans we cannot really moan about spending money but those days are gone since FFP apparently came in and it seems only a few teams are actually trying to get into line with it completely.

Ok so these are rumours about United, slowly gathering pace for a few months now, reports said that Bale wants a new contract at RM, blah blah blah but Madrid want Reus - typical Madrid but in all seriousness IF it did happen that United spanked £120m on him or even what Madrid paid for him £80m, how can they actually afford that + wages and have any money for other signings? They sure as hell can't sell anyone for more than £10m, thats being generous.

I know as Chelsea fans we cannot really moan about spending money but those days are gone since FFP apparently came in and it seems only a few teams are actually trying to get into line with it completely.

FFP only affects teams that a) try to sign players they can't pay for B) try to sign deals backed by their owners through subsidiaries.

United has plenty of cash my guess if Bale came in they'd probably get help from Adidas and a few other sponsors.

Don't even have 70m to spare let alone 130m due to FFP...unless Eden is heading the opposite way.

I would guess that any transfer fee of that ilk would be amortized over 3-5 years and I would also guess that Adidas would chip in along with any other sponsors. If a top player in terms of notoriety wants to come to a big club in England FFP it will happen. Now if you want to argue that getting Bale would severely damage Chelsea's ability to get 3-4 top notch players then I absolutely agree.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You