Gareth Bale

the wes

So assuming it has a chance of happening (not convinced) no-one seems concerned about the quality of the player. It's about the price.

What price would be acceptable then does everyone think? £70M? £60M? £50.000001M?

• Replies 965
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Express link that started this nonsense here is ridiculous. If you look at their pieces about Bale in the 5-6 days before the Chelsea story, they have tried every permutation possible - swap with Di Maria (yes, really), straight sale to Man U, etc. Why even post this shit? They're obsessed with the guy.

:carlo:

I'm serious. Bale is an overrated kick-and-run merchant with a good shot. I wouldn't want him at Chelsea for even half the fee it'd actually take to get the deal done.

We can get better players for just a fraction of what Bale would cost.

I'm serious. Bale is an overrated kick-and-run merchant with a good shot. I wouldn't want him at Chelsea for even half the fee it'd actually take to get the deal done.

IMO there are probably only 2/3/4 players better than Bale in world football... Bale gives a hell of a lot more to Real than merely being a "kick-and-run merchant", he is an outstanding player.

1322.gif

IMO there are probably only 2/3/4 players better than Bale in world football... Bale gives a hell of a lot more to Real than merely being a "kick-and-run merchant", he is an outstanding player.

We're gonna have to agree to disagree on this one. I'm just not a fan of Bale's overall game and think there's better value for money in players like Reus. If we're spending massive money on a player like Bale then we would have failed as a club.

outstanding yes. but i think he lacks heading ability, and his right foot is practically useless. every time he gets an easy right footed chance, he does his lame , awkward left footed poke, which often hits the side netting.

ofc i would take him here. but not for more than around £45m

We're gonna have to agree to disagree on this one. I'm just not a fan of Bale's overall game and think there's better value for money in players like Reus. If we're spending massive money on a player like Bale then we would have failed as a club.

You won't get any argument from me about value, there is no way Bale is worth £85m or anything close to that, so you'd get more bang for your buck in Reus, but I believe Bale is a quality, quality player and I'd love him at Chelsea :D

So assuming it has a chance of happening (not convinced) no-one seems concerned about the quality of the player. It's about the price.

What price would be acceptable then does everyone think? £70M? £60M? £50.000001M?

that one :)

I disagree we'd have failed as a club if we signed him. Top players often cost top money.

However, if you're saying value for money wise Reus is much better then you won't get any argument from ANYONE. Reus is 10x better value for money. But we're discussing Bale and his merits, not Reus :P.

Bale is an outstanding footballer IMO, whether he's worth any more than £60M is debatable. And I wouldn't want us paying that for him.

But like i've said numerous times before, would much rather us buy Reus :D.

I disagree we'd have failed as a club if we signed him. Top players often cost top money.

However, if you're saying value for money wise Reus is much better then you won't get any argument from ANYONE. Reus is 10x better value for money. But we're discussing Bale and his merits, not Reus :P.

Bale is an outstanding footballer IMO, whether he's worth any more than £60M is debatable. And I wouldn't want us paying more than that at the very most for him.

But like i've said numerous times before, would much rather us buy Reus :D.

Hazard, Costa, Fabregas were relatively cheap. Torres did cost top money, however...

I want us to stay within the 25-30-35m range and use our money wisely.

Bale and reus are two cracks, each with its style.

Bale is a very simple player. He understand soccer under three premises, run, shot and centre, but is very outstanding in this. You can't wait that he involves so much in the game, in the elaboration, he is not this type of player. He is a player that can stay 89 minutes without appears, but in the only minute that he appears, can win the game. Decisive is the word that define him.
Is Lethal with space, but no both without space.
Reus involves more in the game. Is more associative, has so much dribbling and is good with space and without they, and in defensive, work more. Is very decisive, but one level less than Bale.
For price and conditions, I prefer Reus, but Bale is a crack too.

Hazard, Costa, Fabregas were relatively cheap. Torres did cost top money, however...

I want us to stay within the 25-30-35m range and use our money wisely.

Fair enough. But someone like Bale for £50M would be worth it. Fabregas was an absolute steal, most players his level won't be available for that price.

If bale is an overrated kick and run merchant, what does that makes Cristiano?

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You