Gareth Bale

the wes

We don't have anyone in our team who knows how to take a long shot. He also makes runs behind the defence and has an aerial threat from setpieces. His pace on the counter is as fast as ronaldo, and he is a better finisher than all our Am's combined. And he is just 25.

If he was available for 50mil, are you sure you won't take him?

50mil good luck, 100m more likely. Either way the only way he leaves is if Madrid get Hazard in return

• Replies 965
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bale is lethal with space but against parked buses what else does he offer apart from long shots?

To be fair, those long shots were all he needed in his last season here to kill teams in the last 10 minutes who parked the bus.

My word those shots were unbelievable

We do. Only issue is those shots were often than not wayward. Besides, this issue can be fixed with more practicing. It's not like this aspect of the game is only something Bale is good at.

Yeah but what if the opposing teams sit back and defend deep? This goes back to the point TheChels brought up above. What can Bale do when oppositions 'park the bus'?

So? I don't think pace is really an issue with the team right now. More of executing counter attacks correctly, if anything.

The long shots are meant to catch teams off guard who sit deep. He did this for tottenham so many times. People shouldn't underestimate someone who won player of the year in England, he's good.

The long shots are meant to catch teams off guard who sit deep. He did this for tottenham so many times. People shouldn't underestimate someone who won player of the year in England, he's good.

So, you want us to buy Bale only because he can shoot from distance? You still haven't provided a sound argument to counter TheChels' point of Bale being ineffective against deep defences.

To be fair, those long shots were all he needed in his last season here to kill teams in the last 10 minutes who parked the bus.

My word those shots were unbelievable

Who actually parks the bus against Tottenham? Long shots can be useful and very impressive but they also can be very inconsistent and frustrating. As mentioned earlier in this thread Bale is very much a 'does nothing for 80 minutes, scores a screamer' type player and that means he will never be worth anywhere near the quoted prices (can't believe how much Real paid for him) because if he doesn't score he'll have ended up doing nothing. Bale is brilliant against teams like Bayern and Barca who press up very high but what does he actually do against more defensively resolute teams like Atletico (apart from a tap in) and what would he do against us in the CL? Very little I'd wager even though he has a lot less focus on him compared to Ronaldo.

Who actually parks the bus against Tottenham? Long shots can be useful and very impressive but they also can be very inconsistent and frustrating. As mentioned earlier in this thread Bale is very much a 'does nothing for 80 minutes, scores a screamer' type player and that means he will never be worth anywhere near the quoted prices (can't believe how much Real paid for him) because if he doesn't score he'll have ended up doing nothing. Bale is brilliant against teams like Bayern and Barca who press up very high but what does he actually do against more defensively resolute teams like Atletico (apart from a tap in) and what would he do against us in the CL? Very little I'd wager even though he has a lot less focus on him compared to Ronaldo.

Hey I never said we should buy him, but he is a better than you are giving him credit for. In his last year at spurs he shingle handedly kept them in the charge for top four, and towards the end when teams were sitting deep he win games by himself, with shots that were out if this world, and for games on the trot. Real are stupid but don't break their transfer record for a guy who does nothing for 80 minutes then hits a screamer

So, you want us to buy Bale only because he can shoot from distance? You still haven't provided a sound argument to counter TheChels' point of Bale being ineffective against deep defences.

All I say is if he's available for 50mil, it's good value and he's better than anything on our right and on par with hazard imo.

And he's actually a pretty good dribbler, you are massively underestimating him here.

i know we have hazard and oscar but lets not underestimate bale here. he is top 5 in the world.

saying he is weak against deep defences is wrong in my opinion. for spurs, who did he have to play with to break a deep defence? holtby, defoe, adebayor, lennon parker?? breaking down a deep and organized defence needs a team and he dint have that.

in liga, he has been just brilliant. totally overshadowed by CR, but who would not be.

All I say is if he's available for 50mil, it's good value and he's better than anything on our right and on par with hazard imo.

And he's actually a pretty good dribbler, you are massively underestimating him here.

So, having doubt or not convinced on ONE aspect of his game constitutes as me MASSIVELY underestimating him? :lol: I could easily turn around and say you're MASSIVELY overestimating him.

You still have not provided any argument on his effectiveness in dealing with deep defences. All you have said is him being great in shooting from distance and now a pretty good dribbler. Pretty sure I can see that myself.

So, having doubt or not convinced on ONE aspect of his game constitutes as me MASSIVELY underestimating him? :lol: I could easily turn around and say you're MASSIVELY overestimating him.

You still have not provided any argument on his effectiveness in dealing with deep defences. All you have said is him being great in shooting from distance and now a pretty good dribbler. Pretty sure I can see that myself.

The fact he has the ability to win you a game with 1 shot vs a parked defense is enough for me.

Ronaldo is not as good as Hazard in dribbling or creating against parked buses, so if he's available we shouldn't try for him.

Bale can shoot from distance, is better than everyone in our team in scoring freekicks, better than everyone in our team bar Costa in finishing, better than all our attackers in heading, and has the strength to power through defenses combined with his speed. Defenses will have to double mark both hazard and Bale, leaving so much space for teammates.

He will improve us against parked buses, it's beginning to look naive that you think he won't. :lol:

Ronaldo is not as good as Hazard in dribbling or creating against parked buses, so if he's available we shouldn't try for him.

Bale can shoot from distance, is better than everyone in our team in scoring freekicks, better than everyone in our team bar Costa in finishing, better than all our attackers in heading, and has the strength to power through defenses combined with his speed. Defenses will have to double mark both hazard and Bale, leaving so much space for teammates.

He will improve us against parked buses, it's beginning to look naive that you think he won't. :lol:

Where I did say that I don't think he will improve us? :lol: Some fellas really need to differentiate between having doubts and things like thinking the player is average etc just because of one comment against him.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You