Gareth Bale

the wes

Hey I never said we should buy him, but he is a better than you are giving him credit for. In his last year at spurs he shingle handedly kept them in the charge for top four, and towards the end when teams were sitting deep he win games by himself, with shots that were out if this world, and for games on the trot. Real are stupid but don't break their transfer record for a guy who does nothing for 80 minutes then hits a screamer

Didn't Spurs only get 3 points fewer the following season even after selling Bale and buying lots of dross? He had a good season but his qualities are easily replaceable, although his goalscoring perhaps less so (doesn't score many for Madrid, mind). Real are stupid and would break their transfer record on anyone. I think they overpaid for him by £40-50m.

• Replies 965
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No kidding. The wankfest and the way people have been talking like we even have a chance of signing Bale is hilarious, to put it kindly.

I don't think we will sign him, but it is not really out of the question that he leaves Madrid this summer or next tbh. It is not like he is a fan fav at Madrid or place unquestioned. Isco has improved greatly since arriving in Madrid, if he continues his play he might force Bale out of the lineup. In case we have forgot this is Madrid, they will continue to buy a new toy even if not needed. They just sold a better player then Bale this past summer in Di Maria.

United have a major hard on for Bale, so i would guess that would be his next destination.

If given the choice between Bale and Reus? i would take Reus all day, even if you don't agree with the openion that Reus is better a player, but the value we can get Reus makes this even easier.

I don't think Bale is a poor mans version of CR7 at all, in fact he is more like a dead man version of CR7.

To certain level, he reminds me of young Robben. And Mou sold Robben, so...

Besides, his work rate has dropped big time since Tottenham days. Heck, Isco is slowly putting him out of team (but Bale will still play because of his fee).

Didn't Spurs only get 3 points fewer the following season even after selling Bale and buying lots of dross? He had a good season but his qualities are easily replaceable, although his goalscoring perhaps less so (doesn't score many for Madrid, mind). Real are stupid and would break their transfer record on anyone. I think they overpaid for him by £40-50m.

I don't know about the points comparison, but I can bet you there are more factors than just bale. Manchester United were incredibly weaker, and none of the top teams were playing consistent enough to show the gulf in quality through a gulf in points. Factor in the change of manger and therefore style. Also, you could see the difference in the big games. I'm just going from memory here, but they were no where nears as bad v the top six with bale as without. They were getting spanked like 5-0 home and away by city and Liverpool, and couldn't take points of a moyes united team at home.

As for Madrid, of course he would score less when he is not the main every one gives the ball to shoot, that position is already taken! Ronaldo scores so many because he's a greedy bastard hell bent on stats and reputation rather the team, that's going to affect bale's stats but didn't stop hi scoring in the most important games.

The transfers these days are ridiculous, but because they overpaid does not mean he is up there as a top 5-10 player.

To certain level, he reminds me of young Robben. And Mou sold Robben, so...

Besides, his work rate has dropped big time since Tottenham days. Heck, Isco is slowly putting him out of team (but Bale will still play because of his fee).

Robben was in the final year of his contract and refused to sign a new deal. The club wanted him to stay but it was either sell him or lose him for nothing. Needless to say, the club made the right decision.

And I still prefer a young Robben to the current Bale.

One of my favourite ever Chelsea goals. :worship: Damn shame we couldn't get a few more years of that.

Robben was in the final year of his contract and refused to sign a new deal. The club wanted him to stay but it was either sell him or lose him for nothing. Needless to say, the club made the right decision.

And I still prefer a young Robben to the current Bale.

One of my favourite ever Chelsea goals. :worship: Damn shame we couldn't get a few more years of that.

The way he charges at defenders without fear is incredible. Some people have the ability but don't use it as well as robben does dangerously.

The way he charges at defenders without fear is incredible. Some people have the ability but don't use it as well as robben does dangerously.

Hazard is doing this more often now. Wish Willian dared to do this too. He is definitely technically competent and pacy enough.

Anyways, no chance Bale is coming. It makes 0 sense for RM to sell him so early. Besides it's not like he was ineffective, he effectively won it for Real in the CL+ that goal in the Copa del Rey

• 1 month later...

Miguel Angel Diaz (Miguelito) was on air (Cadena COPE) minutes ago and he said that United have submited a €150m (that's around £120m I guess) offer for Bale and Madrid will accept the offer only if Bale will specifically ask to leave. Other than that, they have no intention to sell him.

Maybe you remember from the Diego Costa thread, I have told you before, Cadena COPE is a reputable outlet in Spain and Miguelito covers Real Madrid for them.

Robben was an inconsistent injury prone talented player with us, and to say you would choose a young Robben (even though Duff was a better player during his time with us) over this current Bale who;s been nothing more than a big game player for Madrid is Mad.

Mad I tell you.

The most expensive player in the history of the most popular game in history. If he's not big, then who is? Bendtner?

They would rather prefer Reus, and it ain't a secret. A fee doesn't make a player popular, well known or big.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You