Gareth Bale

the wes

• Replies 965
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At position of RW we have it without an undisputed player, so maybe we should look at the market to get an indisputable player. For me Messi and Bale are my favorite player for that position.

Like RW no, please. Bale is one of the last wingers that is better in his natural side. Player in the right, he can do some good action, but his overall game, the 95% of the games is very, very poor.

For make you a example, look this action yesterday:

11071601_694441067367885_182178143814027

This action for the left, with his good foot, would be finish in a assist to Ronaldo. And like this, he had some actions in Real Madrid and all finish in the same, in nothing, because he don't have any hability with his right foot, aditionally, is a very vertical, is not a player that you can expect a pause to think a better finishing of the action, no, he always go to the front, that is why is ideally that he playing in their natural band where can solve quickly.

And this is the other problem, for the left, we have Hazard.

I dont Know but i'm not sure. For a good price, but for 80 million or something like that.....

Bale is not worth the fee you would have to pay to get him imo.

Football's a funny game. Last season he's one of the best in the world, but now he's not good enough? 13/14 Bale and 14/15 Bale is basically one and the same. The good and the bad. A bit less effective in terms of goals and assists but that's it (And that's mostly because of Real as a collective. Real was the best team of 2014 by far, they made scoring goals look ridiculously easy. 2015 Real have become mortal again.). Bale's entire season was defined by his goal against Barca in the Copa final, and scoring the 2-1 in the CL final. All of a sudden everything that happened before, the criticism and the questioning of whether he suited Real, was erased.

But I have to say, his work rate has dropped. But whether that is because of Ancelotti's instructions or Bale's ego, that's all speculation.

Playing on the right doesn't help him though. It doesn't suit him. His deficiencies become all the more apparent. But I wonder if he's willing to play on the left again, where I think he's at his best. He won't score as much on the left, he might not like that.

Agreed.

I don't think it is mainly because he is playing on the right though, it is more to do with the fact he is just like CR7, just a poor version of him. Real Madrid does not need another runner/poacher out wide. They played their best football when Bale was injured, and Isco/James played opposite of CR7. He is a finisher the less he is involved in the buildup the better for the team.

I think he would work great here, we have the opposite problem of Madrid. We have too many players that like to be on the ball and get involved in the buildup no one makes those vertical runs behind the defenders here except Costa of course. William, Oscar, Hazard, and Cesc all their primary game is to get involved in the buildup.

But United have a major hard on for Bale, it is rumored they were going to pay more then Madrid for him. But Bale wanted a move to Spain. I think Perez will recoup a lot of money from this signing. So i don't see us landing him, because how much he would cost.

People are acting as though he's going to cost what Real Madrid paid for him. They'll probably be desperate to flog him off for £50-60m just so they can buy their next shiny toy to replace him. I'd pay that for sure.

Put him on our left flank with Hazard at #10 and we'd probably have an attack on the level of Barca and Bayern.

Will be a serious concern if he ends up at one of our rivals. He's made for the PL.

People are acting as though he's going to cost what Real Madrid paid for him. They'll probably be desperate to flog him off for £50-60m just so they can buy their next shiny toy to replace him. I'd pay that for sure.

Put him on our left flank with Hazard at #10 and we'd probably have an attack on the level of Barca and Bayern.

Will be a serious concern if he ends up at one of our rivals. He's made for the PL.

50-60m is a lot nowadays in this FFP era.

50-60m is a lot nowadays in this FFP era.

Winning the league brings huge money, Adidias money, new TV deal, new Yokohama deal, CL money, and we'll surely make another few sales.

We'll be able to sign 2-3 players at that level this summer quite comfortably I'd imagine.

Bale-Hazard-Willian ??

A scoring winger who also has good crosses and strength, Hazard in middle with more free role and Willian on right as typical workhorse, but also a very quick one.

However this attacking trio and Cesc behind is suicide.

Bale-Hazard-Willian ??

A scoring winger who also has good crosses and strength, Hazard in middle with more free role and Willian on right as typical workhorse, but also a very quick one.

However this attacking trio and Cesc behind is suicide.

Not any more suicidal than this season. Plus if we add a young and athletic CB like Varane it'll shore up our defense.

Agreed.

I don't think it is mainly because he is playing on the right though, it is more to do with the fact he is just like CR7, just a poor version of him. Real Madrid does not need another runner/poacher out wide. They played their best football when Bale was injured, and Isco/James played opposite of CR7. He is a finisher the less he is involved in the buildup the better for the team.

I think he would work great here, we have the opposite problem of Madrid. We have too many players that like to be on the ball and get involved in the buildup no one makes those vertical runs behind the defenders here except Costa of course. William, Oscar, Hazard, and Cesc all their primary game is to get involved in the buildup.

But United have a major hard on for Bale, it is rumored they were going to pay more then Madrid for him. But Bale wanted a move to Spain. I think Perez will recoup a lot of money from this signing. So i don't see us landing him, because how much he would cost.

He is like CR, but his positional sense, timing of runs behind the defence and anticipation is not nearly as good. That's why CR is so effective in his goal-scorer role on the left. And that's why his overall game is tolerated because if not for averaging a goal a game, he'd be like Bale.

But even worse, Bale possesses inferior ball control (seeing a player of his cost need 3, 4 touches to properly control the ball if it is played with pace is quite painful) , he's a lot less agile, his feet aren't nearly as quick as CR and he heavily relies on his left foot. That hurts him a lot on the right.

Bale has a wonderful left foot. His crossing is awesome and playing on the left, it's a lot easier for him to move quickly, controlling the ball with the inside of his foot. And he's a lot better going around the fullback than cutting inside. I'm not saying he's awful on the right, but not as good as he can be. Less goals on the left, but better overall.

I agree with you that he would be an addition to the team. A lot more space in the PL, we've seen how devistating he can be with space. And because of that, he'd have an easier time on the right. Not to mention, here he would take free-kicks. Bale is 5x the FK taker CR is. Gotta love ego and status.

But yeah, it's his price. I wouldn't want the club to blow money crazy on Bale, not having enough to strengthen in other areas. Which is definitely needed imo. I doubt Real would let him go for under 60 mil pounds. The club would do well to start strengthening the defence, moving up to midfield and then go for the offensive players.

I also think Utd will go for him. I think City would be perfect too. I'd leave if I were Bale, if a move was possible.

Like RW no, please. Bale is one of the last wingers that is better in his natural side. Player in the right, he can do some good action, but his overall game, the 95% of the games is very, very poor.

For make you a example, look this action yesterday:

11071601_694441067367885_182178143814027

This action for the left, with his good foot, would be finish in a assist to Ronaldo. And like this, he had some actions in Real Madrid and all finish in the same, in nothing, because he don't have any hability with his right foot, aditionally, is a very vertical, is not a player that you can expect a pause to think a better finishing of the action, no, he always go to the front, that is why is ideally that he playing in their natural band where can solve quickly.

And this is the other problem, for the left, we have Hazard.

I dont Know but i'm not sure. For a good price, but for 80 million or something like that.....

Hi friend!

Well, I think it's like Ronaldo, Messi or Hazard ... they play on one side but are not pure winger. Bale would same as with them. His position would be similar to them.

We have Hazard on the left leg changed and their performance is spectacular

I remember when Jose was in Madrid and he wanted the signing of Bale, everyone claimed they were going to play with Ronaldo on the left side and Bale on the right.

Obviously Bale is not a pure winger, but Willian or Hazard neither are. Neither Ronaldo, Messi Neither ... many examples. Have a great ability to rotate the positions of our players is very important in football.

I think Real Madrid is not a good place to evaluate Bale. To my Bale is a player designed to play in Premier League. It is a perfect player to play in England.

The game in Spain is very different and many players do not just adapt. Besides playing a team where the role of leader has Ronaldo, a player with excessive ego.

In Premier I'm sure that Bale benching leading role with ability to occupy much space in the field.

Regards.

I think Bale will leave Madrid. He's isn't liked by their fans at all, nor he's like by Ronaldo apparently. Surprisingly he was attacked last night when he was travelling.

This is sad.

I would take him in a heartbeat. He's a bomb. He's also a player for big occasions scored in 2-3 finals, no? He's a player with absolute monstrous strength and pace. Him and Hazard on either wing and Costa upfront will terrorize any defenses. Plus we wouldn't be that much overly reliant on Hazard to carry our attack.

He can also score long range screamers, which sadly none in our players can do, it will definitely aid us in facing teams who park the bus. He's homegrown and is only 25 years old.

If he's available, we should be in for him imo.

I'll love him here. He has some assets that none of our other attacking players have but I just don't see him leaving Madrid yet. He's a Perez signing and Perez won't want to accept the most expensive signing in football history was a failure, and knowing Perez, he will do anything to save face.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You