Gareth Bale

the wes

The same. Bale was winning games for Tottenham single-handedly with his long-shots out of nothing and freekicks, he might be somewhat one-dimensional but it's probably a dimension our current attacking midfielders don't have. Wouldn't like to see us pay much over £50m though

• Replies 965
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously he's not just a kick and run merchant. He has some skills, he has too, but he does rely on pace and his long shots. What's wrong with that? He's a BEAST and would probably walk into any team in the world. That said, I'd rather get Reus for > 30m than Bale for 50m+.

A much better player. Only thing Bale is better at are free kicks.

Edit: Doesn't mean Bale is a kick and run merchant.

Not really...

Bale and cr7 are the same players....

Except bale can cross exceptional well and cr7 doesnt know how to pass.

However, cr7 aerial ability is probably the best in football.

Bale I would bet has superior stamina as well and top speed.

Not really...

Bale and cr7 are the same players....

Except bale can cross exceptional well and cr7 doesnt know how to pass.

However, cr7 aerial ability is probably the best in football.

No, they aren't. Cristiano, when he wants to pass, he can do it pretty well.

CR has a better weak foot, header, better finisher, etc.... Much better all around player.

No, they aren't. Cristiano, when he wants to pass, he can do it pretty well.

CR has a better weak foot, header, better finisher, etc.... Much better all around player.

Finisher I dont think so..

cr7 takes 10 shots a game....

You know why cr7 goal record in the world cup is not great? It's because he cant take 10 shots on a subpar national team... Weaker foot and header definitely, however, passing, definitely not. cr7 is one of the worse passers I've ever seen that view highly in the world. Even in the last 2 games against liverpool, cr7 messed up so many counter attacks because of his shitty passing....

To me, cr7 and bale are very similar players. Both arent exceptional dribblers, however, both have/had amazing speed to kick and run. Both have physical attributes that are world class, however, bale is the one that has ability to pass and create.

Bale > Hazard. But if Hazard scores more I'd say Hazard > Bale. But not for now.

But the thing is this transfer is never going to happen unless Mourinho really rates I mean really rates him that high.

Reus is the one play I'm more interested it into.

Chelsea needs a guy like bale or di maria imo. Good crossers, fantastic direct speed and strong/powerful kicks.

Schurrle was suppose to fill that role, however, I guess, Im not too sure on it now.

Chelsea needs a guy like bale or di maria imo. Good crossers, fantastic direct speed and strong/powerful kicks.

Schurrle was suppose to fill that role, however, I guess, Im not too sure on it now.

What we need is a direct AM. Schurrle is, but he can't dribble past one man, his passing/ball control is average and on top of that his finishing which is usually good has been off this season.

Any available AM that has dribbling, good passing and good finisher will be perfect for our right wing.

45m for somebody to run really fast in straight lines and shoot on sight. We might as well just give Salah more minutes and try to develop him.

Salah can't even lace up his boots properly. Come on are you really comparing Bale, PFA young player and player of the year, to Salah? Bale would arguably be our best player if we acquired him. He is without a doubt one of the world greats and proved it the past two seasons.

Bale is lethal with space but against parked buses what else does he offer apart from long shots?

We don't have anyone in our team who knows how to take a long shot. He also makes runs behind the defence and has an aerial threat from setpieces. His pace on the counter is as fast as ronaldo, and he is a better finisher than all our Am's combined. And he is just 25.

If he was available for 50mil, are you sure you won't take him?

We don't have anyone in our team who knows how to take a long shot.

We do. Only issue is those shots were often than not wayward. Besides, this issue can be fixed with more practicing. It's not like this aspect of the game is only something Bale is good at.

He also makes runs behind the defence and has an aerial threat from setpieces.

Yeah but what if the opposing teams sit back and defend deep? This goes back to the point TheChels brought up above. What can Bale do when oppositions 'park the bus'?

His pace on the counter is as fast as ronaldo

So? I don't think pace is really an issue with the team right now. More of executing counter attacks correctly, if anything.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You