Chelsea (4)1-1(2) Newcastle

James

2 minutes ago, Mário César said:

Its a trophy

Its always important win something

Yup. This very cup win kicked off our trophy spell from 2015 to 2022. Completely transformed the mentality of the squad back then.
 Desperately want to win this but I think we only stand a chance if we avoid Liverpool. this lot is so poor mentally they will only ever win anything first time with a huge slice of luck. 

1 minute ago, Magic Lamps said:

Yup. This very cup win kicked off our trophy spell from 2015 to 2022. Completely transformed the mentality of the squad back then.
 Desperately want to win this but I think we only stand a chance if we avoid Liverpool. this lot is so poor mentally they will only ever win anything first time with a huge slice of luck. 

Kicked off trophy spell in 2004/05 too 

2 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

If we won this tourney, we would get to play in the incompetence league btw. Not sure if that is a deterrent or an incentive … 

Can treat it as a tournament to give playing time for our backups. We have a biggish squad anyway

i think winning the league cup would change how we view this season and could actually help the current group build some momentum

Any European competition is an incentive imo. 

The way I see it, we have completely hit restart and need to start all over building into playing and competing for the league/champions league. Conference league football (with the new league table format) can give our young players much needed experience and play time for development. 

League cup + conference league football would be a good start. 

gritty performance, shambolic defending for Newcastle’s goal, playground error, simply can’t happen at this level. We got lucky in the end with Trippier’s gift for Mudryk’s goal, also very composed pen shootout, Petrovic was outstanding. We totally deserved to go trough. On to the semis. KTBFFH💙