Everton 2-0 Chelsea

ZAPHOD2319

Just now, Costa19 said:

[Nizaar Kinsella] Mauricio Pochettino has confirmed Reece James has a hamstring injury (again) in his post match interview. I asked him a few weeks ago if he was confident in James's fitness and he said he was. What now? He also says he wants more transfers for the first time. Things must be bad.

lmao 

The board is like: ”Here you go! 3 new freshly spawned brazilian kids” 

We should play that Washington guy up top can't be worse than Broja or Jackson.

30 minutes ago, Strike said:

A striker coming in. Think that is going to be Ivan Toney since it is an easy deal 

It looks like Ivan Toney is angling for an Arsenal move, given recent reports.

Also at 30+, and lacking months of match fitness, this sort of signing is a gamble.

14 minutes ago, Costa19 said:

[Nizaar Kinsella] Mauricio Pochettino has confirmed Reece James has a hamstring injury (again) in his post match interview. I asked him a few weeks ago if he was confident in James's fitness and he said he was. What now? He also says he wants more transfers for the first time. Things must be bad.

lmao 

The board is like: ”Here you go! 3 new freshly spawned brazilian kids” 

Only if the Brazilian kids each cost more than 30m.

3 minutes ago, Costa19 said:

When will the match attending supporters have enough? 

With enough i mean loudly protests and hostile atmosphere at the Bridge. 

Sadly, at the moment we are the biggest cuckolds in the football world.. 

EPL club supporters are not into this.
I remember when Chelsea sold Charlie Cook to Newcastle.
It was my first visit to the bridge -it was against Ipswitch- I did n't know about it so I said to the fans "have you not burned all the boats in the Thames yet ?" - because that's what would have happened if it was Greece.
They shook their heads and said no.
The same now.

6 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

It was my first visit to the bridge -it was against Ipswitch- I did n't know about it so I said to the fans "have you not burned all the boats in the Thames yet ?" - because that's what would have happened if it was Greece.
The same now.

We hadnt PL titles or CL titles back then. Bit more of a drop off now.

Oh and Charlie Cooke never played for Newcastle

2 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

We hadnt PL titles or CL titles back then. Bit more of a drop off now.

Oh and Charlie Cooke never played for Newcastle

Crystal Palace says wiki.
I wonder. 
Could it have been the match against Newcaslte I was attending and the old man I was talking to mentioned Newcastle as Cook's new team by mistake ?
I remember distinctly the old man I was talking to said "he went to Newcastle" but there are memory tricks.
Crystal Palace I did n't even know existed.

29 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

Only if the Brazilian kids each cost more than 30m.

here is one of the main Brasilians we should have purchased

CB Bremer   
26    Brazil    Juventus FC  

Right Footed

2be37d1cff3b471f3cab92ab26397535.png

d635cd1c18d1efad4c545e2c076a6234.png

Edited by Vesper

22 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

The same now.

Even though the quality of the football in Sweden is wank the supporters would never accept this. We visit the training complex, waiting for players and manager after the game, chants on the arena and immense pressure on the board etc. 

Thats why i wonder about it because this drop off would never be accepted in Sweden who is like 1/20 of the PL.. 

4 hours ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

He's talking about new signings, but how do we even know they are going to open the chequebook again? Todd and co just spent a fortune on Ohtani for the dodgers.

Haha.

If he indeed said that, it reminds me of Mourinho 1.0 when Roman reminded him he bought the club to see winning but also good football, Mourinho responded by saying he needed class A eggs to make good football. This was after the biggest short term splash on a squad in footballing history - spending more than £300m. I asked then that were there not teams constructed for a fraction of the cost and were capable of presentable football? Pochetinno, like Mourinho before him, is doing a squirrel- look over there!

When Pochetinno started dropping some of the the players, Caicedo and Enzo in particular, it was clear to me that like Mourinho, when things are going badly who dropped players, he blamed them publicly - Pochetino blames his players but does not voice it publicly. He has not figured out he is the problem.

- He cannot organize a UNITED press. Meaning our opponents find it easy to play their way out from the back

- He does not demand proactive defending. Our players only react to an opponent when the ball has reached the opponent, rather than anticipating the pass and putting them under pressure so they make a mistake. This is what our opponents do to us. 

- No one is given responsibility to pick people up and are told to mark space. Caicedo is told to just sit in the center - in front and between the center backs - he is not blessed with pace so if he is not instructed to be close to a player I.e just marking space he would struggle. There are countless times I see a 2 vs 1 on the wings because someone who should be picking the second opponent has been told to mark space so they are elsewhere. It is disorganized.

This also leads to our players needing to make a lot of “recovery tackles” that lead to cards. Because they are being reactive to the play  

So in all, we are very easy to play and score against us. That is why those opponents who bring running and intensity outplay us and only need one chance to score.  Poch has set the team up to fail. I had seen this since the 2nd game of the season and he has not changed it. That is why I say he is out of his depth - a dinosaur - and stealing a living at the moment.

Added to this the lack of intensity and laid-backness of this team, which surprised me. I remember his Tottenham team who were beasts and ran you ragged. Perhaps Neymar and Messi had broken him and he is afraid to demand his players run into the ground, defensively.

I would also add this mess up takes it toll on our offensive play. It is clear we have regressed offensively and I could predict this would be the case. This was from Conte’s second season where teams started to press us but we were not pressing back (because coaches like Conte, Tuchel and Mourinho value organization and control above all else). What transpired was that as the opponents were putting our players under pressure, tackling and sometimes dispossessing them, their players gained in confidence while ours dipped. This confidence was chipped at game by game before it became a full blown crisis. The crisis we are seeing now where our offense, which was pretty good at the start of the season, has now gone to pants. Mohammed Ali eventually paid a price for constantly relying on rope-a-dope.

Edited by Chuckso

6 minutes ago, Costa19 said:

Even though the quality of the football in Sweden is wank the supporters would never accept this. We visit the training complex, waiting for players and manager after the game, chants on the arena and immense pressure on the board etc. 

Thats why i wonder about it because this drop off would never be accepted in Sweden who is like 1/20 of the PL.. 

Here they use tarts.

4 minutes ago, Vytis33 said:

Full credit for what exactly?  We must’ve been watching different games 

If these players stay for three or four days at Goodison park they may score.
But who is coaching and selecting the attackers ? Me ?