Everton 2-0 Chelsea

ZAPHOD2319

1 hour ago, Vytis33 said:

Full credit for what exactly?  We must’ve been watching different games 

Dyche destroyed him, he took a complete hopeless trash Everton who no one believed would escape relegation and now fighting to finish in top half.

2 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

Dyche destroyed him, he took a complete hopeless trash Everton who no one believed would escape relegation and now fighting to finish in top half.

🤣. If we had a manager like Dyche and playing 5atb you would be the first on here complaining about the lack of progressive football. For me, we can sack Poch and sign pretty much any other manager- bar Pep or someone similar- and be in exactly the same position. The fact of the matter is our squad is simply a development squad who are going to always lose against a side of motivated men who do not press up against us. 

The fact of the matter is that we have no leaders or players that can game manage in our team. On top of this, we have brought in player worse than the players than they replaced. Mount, Havetz, Jorgi and Alonso (all whipping boys of years past) are miles ahead of the versions we sold than the likes of Cuca, Madueke, Caicedo and Jackson. For sure the later may become better in time, but that means a number of seasons being average (midtable). Problem is people thought that replacing them with whoever was flavour of the month was the solution, without taking a step back to think of the madness of it all. 

3 minutes ago, King Kante said:

🤣. If we had a manager like Dyche and playing 5atb you would be the first on here complaining about the lack of progressive football. For me, we can sack Poch and sign pretty much any other manager- bar Pep or someone similar- and be in exactly the same position. The fact of the matter is our squad is simply a development squad who are going to always lose against a side of motivated men who do not press up against us. 

The fact of the matter is that we have no leaders or players that can game manage in our team. On top of this, we have brought in player worse than the players than they replaced. Mount, Havetz, Jorgi and Alonso (all whipping boys of years past) are miles ahead of the versions we sold than the likes of Cuca, Madueke, Caicedo and Jackson. For sure the later may become better in time, but that means a number of seasons being average (midtable). Problem is people thought that replacing them with whoever was flavour of the month was the solution, without taking a step back to think of the madness of it all. 

Most likely would but still what is Poch even bringing to the table no football, no results also lying through his teeth in presses how we playing good.

I don't want someone like Dyche but goes to show you don't need massive budget and bring players that suit your style to organize a team.

3 hours ago, bluephoenix said:

Thank God didn’t ruin my Sunday morning by walking to watch this match. 
One word : Pathetic

where there any positives?

i get poch maybe need time but we just seem to be regressing. The club has been in this clueless position since takeover. The owners really think they are playing FIFA buying average players for way tooooooo much money and disappointing the fans

It ended that was a positive and another game less to play

Edited by Laylabelle

The truth is we have been very unlucky with managers.

The last time we had a manager who played to the players TRUE talents - I.e their performance matched their quality was Mourinho 2.0 before the 6-3 loss to Tottenham. This was 2016 - 7 years ago. Before he lost the plot.

Before that was Ancelotti in 2010. Before he lost the plot after Ray Wilkins’s sacking.

All the others have been found wanting. 

The truth is the quality of this squad is masking Poch’s incompetence. For example, the goals Raheem Sterling (not a favorite player of mine) has scored this season - where he gets the ball and just runs at the opposition. No build up play - just individual talent. Other teams have to get by without a Raheem Sterling but they are scoring goals and doing better than us. Better organization, cohesion, intensity - MANAGEMENT.

11 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

Pathetic all round, this lot needs a Mourinho/Conte to whip them into shape and make them work hard. 

I always questioned Poch's mentality as he came from Spurs...

This squad wouldn't be able to cope with that sort of discipline. The real issue with Poch is that players can seemingly put in 2/10 performances without any repercussions. 

And there Ladies and Gentlemen we have it. The slow decline, slow motion car crash into mediocrity. Thanks Putin/Tory government/Ukraine war whoeveres to blame for us losing an owner that actually cared that we were good. 

33 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

Pathetic all round, this lot needs a Mourinho/Conte to whip them into shape and make them work hard. 

I always questioned Poch's mentality as he came from Spurs...

19 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

This squad wouldn't be able to cope with that sort of discipline. The real issue with Poch is that players can seemingly put in 2/10 performances without any repercussions. 

That's not true. Poch pre season is known as toughest. Many players said before. Just recently Jackson complained he had to run laps as punishment for stupid yellow cards.

On 10/12/2023 at 21:39, NikkiCFC said:

That's not true. Poch pre season is known as toughest. Many players said before. Just recently Jackson complained he had to run laps as punishment for stupid yellow cards.

I'm talking about selection choices. He can make Jackson run a billion laps, but until today, he has constantly starting despite a string of subpar performances. 

There are a number of players who should be spending time on the bench. 

Edited by LAM09

6 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

I'm talking about selection choices. He can make Jackson run a billion laps, but until today, he was constantly starting despite a string of subpar performances. 

There are a number of players who should be spending time on the bench. 

Well, he will start next games again because Broja is even more shit.