15. Nicolas Jackson

ZAPHOD2319

54 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

How can somebody who missed the chances he did today even try and take a penalty off our top scorer last match? What a joke of a footballer. 

Shame on the coach for picking him and madueke given their attitude and also level of ability 

44 minutes ago, lucio said:

Shame on the coach for picking him and madueke given their attitude and also level of ability 

Poch said we'd see more of Washington after Broja left. He was given the briefest of cameos in a game we had won after 20 mins.

The lack of competition only does more harm.

Our fans are absolute shite. 

Blaming a 22 year old for an unfortunate game of finishing. Dude works hard and does all the right things but is inexperienced. I back him. Not always going to go your way, but he has had a pretty decent season first year in a team that is highly unsettled, dysfunctional and all over the place. 

He will benefit from having VO here next season and playing more on the wing. 

Good young player who needs time. Our fans are lumps of shit for treating him this way. 

12 minutes ago, Thor said:

Good young player who needs time. Our fans are lumps of shit for treating him this way. 

After the antics he was trying to pull on the pitch vs Everton, do you really blame the fans? 

We really went from the likes of Drogba/Anelka/Diego Costa to the experienced Giroud to the inexperienced Jackson up front.    No wonder why we are literally mid-table, we keep signing mid-table players. 

You think any of the top 6 would have Jackson/Mudryk/Madueke in their starting XI week in week out?   They would all be bench players at best. 

12 minutes ago, Thor said:

Blaming a 22 year old for an unfortunate game of finishing. Dude works hard and does all the right things but is inexperienced. I back him. Not always going to go your way, but he has had a pretty decent season first year in a team that is highly unsettled, dysfunctional and all over the place. 

His finishing is one thing. His lack of discipline and poor attitude at times (as evidenced by what happened on Monday) will lead to increased criticism, which is justified.

Using his age to justify his actions is a cop-out.

3 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

After the antics he was trying to pull on the pitch vs Everton, do you really blame the fans? 

We really went from the likes of Drogba/Anelka/Diego Costa to the experienced Giroud to the inexperienced Jackson up front.    No wonder why we are literally mid-table, we keep signing mid-table players. 

You think any of the top 6 would have Jackson/Mudryk/Madueke in their starting XI week in week out?   They would all be bench players at best. 

Jackson at his age is better than all of those guys. Jackson isn't a sole reason we are where we are. Building up a clearly talented player in this period is exactly what is worth it. Y'all laud over the likes of Saka and others - who had exactly that - time in shitty seasons to become the players they are. 

We aren't a top 6 team, but it certainly isn't solely due to Jackson.

3 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

His finishing is one thing. His lack of discipline and poor attitude at times (as evidenced by what happened on Monday) will lead to increased criticism, which is justified.

Using his age to justify his actions is a cop-out.

His age and actions have nothing to do with it. 

Costa and Drogba were throwing fits a lot of the time. Lets not play pretend. 

His attitude isn't poor. He is a relentless worker who doesn't stop running. He had one penalty incident. Drogba had them too. Costa had plenty of run ins. 

Drawing confluence to his off games and then "actions" such as the penalty thing and deeming them as the reason he isn't good enough for us is ridiculous. He is passionate and immature, but clearly there is a good player there. Expecting it all to click this early in his professional career is a lot.

1 minute ago, Thor said:

His age and actions have nothing to do with it. 

Costa and Drogba were throwing fits a lot of the time. Lets not play pretend. 

His attitude isn't poor. He is a relentless worker who doesn't stop running. He had one penalty incident. Drogba had them too. Costa had plenty of run ins. 

Drawing confluence to his off games and then "actions" such as the penalty thing and deeming them as the reason he isn't good enough for us is ridiculous. He is passionate and immature, but clearly there is a good player there. Expecting it all to click this early in his professional career is a lot.

He has nearly as many yellow cards as league goals, so agree to disagree on his attitude.

Also, I'm not sure why you're comparing him to two strikers who took their chances; he'll NEVER reach their level. For those who don't follow African football, I'll point out that he isn't even considered good enough for a starting berth for the Senegalese NT.

Finally, do not put words into my mouth. I never said, "He isn't good enough for us." If he wants to have a successful career at the highest level, he needs to switch to wing forward. The lack of a killer instinct is obvious, and it cannot be taught; it is either present or not.

6 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

He has nearly as many yellow cards as league goals, so agree to disagree on his attitude.

Also, I'm not sure why you're comparing him to two strikers who took their chances; he'll NEVER reach their level. For those who don't follow African football, I'll point" out that he isn't even considered good enough for a starting berth for the Senegalese NT.

Finally, do not put words into my mouth. I never said, "He isn't good enough for us." If he wants to have a successful career at the highest level, he needs to switch to wing forward. The lack of a killer instinct is obvious, and it cannot be taught; it is either present or not.

He will NEVER reach their level? You have rose tinted glasses on. 

Its a lot easier to be satisfied with your striker when the rest of the team is doing their bit and winning as well. Maybe go back and check some of the seasons Costa and DD had as seasoned vets let alone first year in the league and second pro season - and how much they actually "took their chances". 

He has more goals than Hojlund who is similar age... He has more goals than Toney who people want us to get in and pads with penalties... 

Lack of killer instinct is a cop out. He is a young player who is learning and probably fluctuates in confidence. I would prefer him at the wing as well, but he absolutely can be and is a front man too. A lot of his better attributes are more suited to the wing, or slightly behind because he is so good at carrying the ball up the field. 

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

What are you talking about? Today Enzo, Gallagher and Palmer all created easy chances for him and he missed them all. He is solo reason why we didn't win this comfy. 

He doesn't deserve to play for Chelsea and doesn't deserve our support. 

Agreed. One season makes a player, and better yet, one game does as well. 

Its a good thing we got rid of Salah and others for the same reason.

7 hours ago, Thor said:

Y'all laud over the likes of Saka and others - who had exactly that - time in shitty seasons to become the players they are. 

We had our own version of Saka but due to injuries and then managers who only wanted to use him as a wingback, he stopped developing and now he's at Forest.  

Academy players will definitely be given time to develop as they didn't cost the club anything.   That's why we were all keen on seeing James, Mount, Gallagher, CHO and others succeed as they had the academy connection.  

7 hours ago, Thor said:

Jackson at his age is better than all of those guys

Better than Anelka who had 17 league goals for Arsenal before the age of 20?     That kid was a freak back in those days, bit of a shame that Real Madrid came too soon for him at that point of his career. 

I think it was a shame his finishing let him down badly yesterday otherwise he would've likely been man of the match imo. A number of times against City he was able to bring long balls down under pressure and turn in tight areas to bring the ball out. 

I have actually seen a lot of improvement in his game in the past month or so, even if the finishing hasn't been there. 

I do not think he is a great player, as of now, but he is clearly developing and improving. 

10 hours ago, Thor said:

he's a shite young player who needs binning. All donkeys were young once 

10 hours ago, Thor said:

He will NEVER reach their level? You have rose tinted glasses on. 

Its a lot easier to be satisfied with your striker when the rest of the team is doing their bit and winning as well. Maybe go back and check some of the seasons Costa and DD had as seasoned vets let alone first year in the league and second pro season - and how much they actually "took their chances". 

He has more goals than Hojlund who is similar age... He has more goals than Toney who people want us to get in and pads with penalties... 

Lack of killer instinct is a cop out. He is a young player who is learning and probably fluctuates in confidence. I would prefer him at the wing as well, but he absolutely can be and is a front man too. A lot of his better attributes are more suited to the wing, or slightly behind because he is so good at carrying the ball up the field. 

toney was banned all year and plays for Brentford, next level cope 

5 hours ago, chelsea_4_eva said:

Makes you really miss some of our older players... 1 shot, 1 goal.

Makes me think how bad some of our older strikers were, but so much better than Jackson

17 hours ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

After watching that finishing today still think so?

Yes I still take him over Donkey. 

Donkey is far useless, with Jackson we can have better link up play. 

Sell Donkey this summer to wherever and if we can get a better striker then yes do it. Jackson can be a good second striker. Right now he ain't what we need but yes he is a million times better then Donkey. 

Donkey is the worst buy of the century! And it happen under Roman and tuchel.... 

Edited by Fernando