15. Nicolas Jackson

ZAPHOD2319

Just now, Mário César said:

we need to keep lukaku

Too late just sell him . Should have been used this year over Jackson but oh well 

6 minutes ago, Mário César said:

we need to keep lukaku

We should have kept him considering we ended up with no-one as a backup.

But now that we have a transfer window, nope I think we can do a lot better. We need to sort the manager situ first tho, who's idea is to be implemented for ex.

1 hour ago, bluephoenix said:

I still don't know in what way any of our pursuit for strikers have been any better than Tammy Abraham. We just wasted money left and right.

Bournemouth wanted Jackson before us. Can we swap him for Solanke?

12 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Solanke won't come back to us, he's still pissed as to why he was loaned out to Vitesse by us all those years ago. 

2 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

easy now... 😅

Saddest part is, Solanke runs rings around every other attacker at the club other than Palmer....that's how far we've fallen in attack since Hazard departed for his Spanish vacation!

1 hour ago, lucio said:

Jackson needs to be sold no matter the price. He can’t be here as a backup or in any capacity. 

I imagine the players have a similar sentiment about people like you to be fair

21 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

how much are you willing to spend for the swap 😛

This is turning out to be another Lukaku case where no one wants a striker and we want to get rid of their expenses from out books.

1 hour ago, bluephoenix said:

how much are you willing to spend for the swap 😛

This is turning out to be another Lukaku case where no one wants a striker and we want to get rid of their expenses from out books.

Yes, and it applies to a number of our players atm.

Just say he's a winger and show the videos of his good runs. Works every time. 😅 That's probably how we ended up with him and Mudryk.

15 hours ago, lucio said:

Jackson needs to be sold no matter the price. He can’t be here as a backup or in any capacity. 

Based on what? One season? 

He has shown more upside than downside, and he is being expected to lead the line in his second pro season. 

All of you will end up complaining when some of these guys go, and start playing like stars because you aren't patient enough to let players grow into their own. 

2 hours ago, Thor said:

......... because you aren't patient enough to let players grow into their own. 

That's the problem. Ex-Chelsea players are playing well elsewhere. Other clubs took advantage of Chelsea system: players in and out in no time.

After observing Chelsea for some seasons, I realized that Chelsea wants to fix things quickly. People are not patient enough to wait for a stability. New players come. If they don't blend in immediately, we say that they are suck. Everything needs time. 

Maybe, Chelsea fans enjoy the rich atitute too much. Since other teams don't have that kind of money, they are more patient with players and plaeyrs flourish in their system. That's life. 

Edited by Dan Lee

1 hour ago, Dan Lee said:

That's the problem. Ex-Chelsea players are playing well elsewhere. Other clubs took advantage of Chelsea system: players in and out in no time.

After observing Chelsea for some seasons, I realized that Chelsea wants to fix things quickly. People are not patient enough to wait for a stability. New players come. If they don't blend in immediately, we say that they are suck. Everything needs time. 

Maybe, Chelsea fans enjoy the rich atitute too much. Since other teams don't have that kind of money, they are more patient with players and plaeyrs flourish in their system. That's life. 

Chelsea is a big club by any measure you use, esp valuation. Big clubs don't develop a lot of players in the senior squad; they buy them and win silverware.

Even today our spending is at the top amongst all clubs, so I have a hard time with the argument of developing a full squad of expensive nobodies for 2-3 years is the way to go. We are the only big club doing this, which is really odd to say the least.

Quoting @lucio "every donkey was young once." so we don't really know which of these players will become good, great, passable, or really not good enough and we will only find out in time.

I totally get placing a few bets, esp in attack/striker where acquiring established talent is so hard, but doing so for the entire team at a club like Chelsea is really unheard of.

I'm going to emphasize that I don't even think Jackson is the problem, but the lack of options around him, and for him.
Had Kai stayed for example, we'd have Jackson and him to rotate, or play alongside depending on what you'd need for specific situations. Poor planning left us with only jackson, which considering the amount of money spent is pretty bizarre.

I will also emphasize that the point here *is* to win silverware and not develop players that will become great and move to real madrid in 3 years time.

Edited by robsblubot

9 hours ago, Thor said:

Based on what? One season? 

He has shown more upside than downside, and he is being expected to lead the line in his second pro season. 

All of you will end up complaining when some of these guys go, and start playing like stars because you aren't patient enough to let players grow into their own. 

He’s shite and has 0 potential. He won’t do shit at another club this isn’t salah or de Bruyne 

23 hours ago, lucio said:

He’s shite and has 0 potential. He won’t do shit at another club this isn’t salah or de Bruyne 

Literally matched Drogba's output in his first season in the PL. With less experience. 

1 minute ago, Thor said:

Literally matched Drogba's output in his first season in the PL. With less experience. 

he literally should have at least twice as many goals

so utterly wasteful my mind reels

58 minutes ago, Thor said:

Half his goals came in a game Vs spurs when they played a high line with 9 men. He's dogshit