The Next Manager?

Here is our possible new manager scoring a goal for Juventus in 2002 against torino.

Video uploaded 15 years ago.

41 seconds long.

Goal Maresca ed esultanza derby Torino-Juventus 2002

5 minutes ago, Vesper said:

If this  blows up in our faces, Clownlake has to fuck off and sell.

I do not like what I see.

Please surprise me!!!

From what has come out this has been the sporting directors decision Vs Egh wanting De Zerbi so I think this will be the one that makes or breaks their Chelsea tenure.

+1 on not liking what I see, just listening to the radio and Leicester fans are glad he's gone. Boring football. Limped to the title. Got beat Vs teams they shouldn't have lost to.

Posted (edited)

I absolutely loved Maresca as a player, but I gotta admit, I have not been following his coaching at all. So yeah, no idea how to react to this really.

But I am very happy it isnt De Zerbi or Thomas Frank at least.

49 minutes ago, KEVINAA said:

Here is our possible new manager scoring a goal for Juventus in 2002 against torino.

Video uploaded 15 years ago.

41 seconds long.

Goal Maresca ed esultanza derby Torino-Juventus 2002

This hilarious goal, after not having scored in ages, to let Palermo stay up... What a blessing

Edited by calculatingInfinity

Foxes fans not that bothered

''I’m surprised he was a serious contender in the first place for Chelsea.  I’m not majority bothered. It reeks of jumping ship when he knows it’s going to get harder, and we should have never lost 11 games last season.''

''I'm not that bothered if he takes the job at Chelsea.

Probably wont last Xmas knowing them and it'll fuck up his reputation as it does for most when sacked there like Potter who was deemed as the next Messiah and is now nowhere to be seen.''

11 minutes ago, DH1988 said:

+1 on not liking what I see, just listening to the radio and Leicester fans are glad he's gone. Boring football. Limped to the title. Got beat Vs teams they shouldn't have lost to.

This can be said about all managers, man city man utd for 1 example, cases of this all over football, we also were a prime example this season and poch got all the blame for players not finishing the move.

Posted (edited)

It's like I'm watching someone who is terrible at Football manager run this club. 😪

30 minutes ago, calculatingInfinity said:

I absolutely loved Maresca as a player, but I gotta admit, I have not been following his coaching at all. So yeah, no idea how to react to this really.

But I am very happy it isnt De Zerbi or Thomas Frank at least.

At the very least, Frank has EPL experience. We are potentially getting an unknown quantity at this level. Rumours are that the owners want someone with experience managing in this country; there are a number of better options out there who fit that criteria (a stupid one, imo).

Edited by LAM09

When I say I prefer Maresca, it is given who we know they were considering. Maresca, de Zerbi, Frank, McKenna. I think the type of football he plays is really not unlike Tuchel ball. He will develop the people we have. The players will be rock solid in knowing what to do on the pitch. We will be able to roll through opponents in the Europa Conference, I really do want us to be the first team to hold all European trophies. I don’t want to be in Conference, but as we are there, let’s get it done. I think Maresca is the most solid choice given who they were considering. They never contacted Amorim.

8 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

When I say I prefer Maresca, it is given who we know they were considering. Maresca, de Zerbi, Frank, McKenna. I think the type of football he plays is really not unlike Tuchel ball. He will develop the people we have. The players will be rock solid in knowing what to do on the pitch. We will be able to roll through opponents in the Europa Conference, I really do want us to be the first team to hold all European trophies. I don’t want to be in Conference, but as we are there, let’s get it done. I think Maresca is the most solid choice given who they were considering. They never contacted Amorim.

I agree, definite similarities with Tuchel in terms of the slow build up play and patience, but Tuchel played with a different formation / setup which is slightly old school now.

The thing I loved about Tuchel was his prep for individual games and his ability to change the game while it was going on, if Enzo can do that with his modern positional approach he will be world class. If not, maybe he will be another Brendan Rodgers. Time will tell.

Posted (edited)

Maresca is a joke of an appointment if I am honest. So what if he was Pep’s number 2 for 1 season?

Walked into a PL quality side in the championship and lost a lot of games. Got sacked in Italy after 14 games. 

He will be sacked by Christmas/next summer 100% no way he is getting us a CL spot/competing. Which is the same criteria that they used to justify replacing Poch. 

Edited by OneMoSalah