Chelsea 0-1 Southampton

ZAPHOD2319

For me this is the time to try Auba up top in front of Felix and surrounded by Mudryk and either of Madueke or Sterling. Unlike earlier in the season when we weren’t even creating chances for him and he looked totally isolated, we actually have some superb creators in the team now. Plus Chilly + Reece are back and we have Enzo who can play a killer ball.

Mount has been dropped and we’ve looked much better, now it’s time to drop Havertz and try a natural #9. We’re just harming ourselves if we freeze him out for the rest of the season. 

10 minutes ago, Pizy said:

For me this is the time to try Auba up top in front of Felix and surrounded by Mudryk and either of Madueke or Sterling. Unlike earlier in the season when we weren’t even creating chances for him and he looked totally isolated, we actually have some superb creators in the team now. Plus Chilly + Reece are back and we have Enzo who can play a killer ball.

Mount has been dropped and we’ve looked much better, now it’s time to drop Havertz and try a natural #9. We’re just harming ourselves if we freeze him out for the rest of the season. 

I think giving Auba a chance is a fair shout tbf.

I mean how much longer are we going to persist with Kai who usually occupies the same areas as Felix and is usually far too deep despite playing as a 9? 

Granted Auba is past his peak but he is the sort of guy who would thrive off some of this service we should be able to provide with these attacking players.

Edited by OneMoSalah

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

I think giving Auba a chance is a fair shout tbf.

I mean how much longer are we going to persist with Kai who usually occupies the same areas as Felix and is usually far too deep despite playing as a 9? 

Granted Auba is past his peak but he is the sort of guy who would thrive off some of this service we should be able to provide with these attacking players.

Yep. At the very least Auba has always been a lethal penalty box finisher. Him simply being in and around the box will result in him getting chances with the new boys we have in the team now.

For example, if that golden chance yesterday where KK was literally standing totally free on the Dortmund penalty spot had fallen to Auba he’s scoring that. Or when Kai was 1v1 in the box and couldn’t do anything with it. Or when James and Chilly are putting in solid deliveries and nobody is finishing them.

We have to try it.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

This is the more logical approach, I agree, but I'd like to see DDF given a go up top. Top six is definitely possible and should be the main target for the rest of the season. If the aim is therefore to maximise results now then that is the argument for Auba. I just want to see where DDF's level is.

What I'm most looking forward to on Saturday however is seeing Lavia in the flesh for the first time.

There gonna be a huge Mount banner at this game. Some people want to show him support in these times when everyone criticises him. 

If you add the fact that we play at home against last team on table all is set for him to have his annual good game! 

Edited by NikkiCFC

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

There gonna be a huge Mount banner at this game. Some people want to show him support in these times when everyone criticises him. 

If you add the fact that we play at home against last team on table all is set for him to have his annual good game! 

Don't want to use this as an excuse for Mount, but to be fair - the internet crowd is always a reactionary lot, and most of the critics exist there. Twitter can be a toilet plenty of times.

3 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

1 hour ago, Blue Armour said:

Don't want to use this as an excuse for Mount, but to be fair - the internet crowd is always a reactionary lot, and most of the critics exist there. Twitter can be a toilet plenty of times.

He has been dogshit for around 1 whole year now. Have you actually seen some of the match going fans? I have had the pleasure and unpleasant experience of having to listen to these absolute mongs waffle their tripe. 

2 hours ago, DDA said:

He has been dogshit for around 1 whole year now. Have you actually seen some of the match going fans? I have had the pleasure and unpleasant experience of having to listen to these absolute mongs waffle their tripe. 

I'd listen to twitter fans over match goers anyway. We'd still be employing Jose or lampard if they had their way. 

I'd still keep mount around though.

10 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

FpK74w0XgAA0AeB?format=jpg&name=large

This is coming.