Chelsea 0-1 Southampton

ZAPHOD2319

8 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

Take into consideration that Southampton sacked their manager...and our form has been pathetic for weeks, this has a 1-1 draw written all over it. 

Hopefully our players actually turn up for once and show that they are capable of scoring 2 goals in a game. 

Yaaaa draws are our thing lately...we've had 3 league draws in a row so might be number 4

2 hours ago, Mhsc said:

My general feeling is that Chelsea for several years now has been the "big team" that other sides turn their form around against, getting that crazy win that starts something for them. I go into this game with low expectations.

More than several.

We could lose this 1-0 or draw 1-1. Anything less than a resounding victory is not acceptable. I don't want anymore 'the team looked better' or 'the refs effed us'. We have enough quality to put this game away. If we don't then there is a serious problem with the level of coaching going on...

I feel like whatever happens will be bad.

If we win, it will be like beating seniors on wheelchairs, given in how big of pickle Southampton is, but people will surely get carried away by this. If we lose, it will be "bruh, Potter is resting players, Dortmund is coming and the season is lost anyway" bs, and if it will be another humiliating draw, but some obscure stat will be up, it will be "we played great, unlucky, but it's coming, trust the pr00cess!".

I'd consider this as a game to get the team cohesion up and not much more in terms of judging bigger picture.

2 hours ago, Mhsc said:

My general feeling is that Chelsea for several years now has been the "big team" that other sides turn their form around against, getting that crazy win that starts something for them. I go into this game with low expectations.

But we need to also turn our form around hahah so hopefully this be the start! I mean what's a win these days?! We've only won 4 more games then Southampton...theyve just lost many

16 minutes ago, Mário César said:

what happen with potter about auba?

jesus christ

certainly makes a better performance than havertz, which isn't too much harder

I don't think we can say he has played better than Havertz, he has mostly done nothing for us and been invisible tbh. However, I do think Auba could become dangerous with Felix/Enzo behind him. I hope we finally see DDF start tbh.

21 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

I don't think we can say he has played better than Havertz, he has mostly done nothing for us and been invisible tbh. However, I do think Auba could become dangerous with Felix/Enzo behind him. I hope we finally see DDF start tbh.

but not even in the bench?

could be important at some moment of the game