Chelsea 0-1 Man City

ZAPHOD2319

1 hour ago, Vegetable said:

It's a trend to bash the players, I know, but since our previous win over City, wich happened to be CL final, we miss only Rudi, Werner and having an actual Manager, so what makes you think the same group of players suddenly can't face City anymore?

James, Kante, Chilwell? 

And as if the City is the same. Oh wait. They now have a proper striker.

I'm already sitting at work feeling super sad about tonight's loss.... because I just know how bad it is right now at this club I love....we're going to watch Jorginho struggle to catch people up all night and for our slow progression to the wings for us only to cross into nobody but the foreheads of Diaz and Llaporte. 

Now with the added disappointment of Enzo not coming...

Fuck this game man.

53 minutes ago, DDA said:

Now with the added disappointment of Enzo not coming...

A disappointment we could have all lived without.

Even back in the day with Roman, there would be rumors linking us to really elite players - but those would be very insignificant rumors.,  that you could tell were not really going anywhere 

Based on the last window, it's clear someone in the club management is now leaking news and feeding the hype machine needlessly for every shitty transfer negotiation.

How else could a bunch of journos (even if not top tier) get conned into thinking sensational deals were nearly complete.

“As much as we want to win — and I don’t want to sound like it’s acceptable to lose, it’s not — but unfortunately part of the game is dropping points, is not succeeding, you’ve got to suffer and get better.

“When I think back to how I got to this point, a lot of the things are the setbacks and the moments of struggle. So it’s not thinking of [winning this game potentially] as a kickstart, we focus on the next match, try to improve and try to get better.”

-Graham Potter; source: Football.London

Getting some real Conte season 2 "we must suffer" vibes here.

1 hour ago, bigbluewillie said:

Who said Enzo is not coming?

All i've read so far is that Benfica want his release clause £112M paid in full and CFC want it to be paid over three installments.

Most of the legit sources are now saying we went in with the official offer at only €85m (£74m) TOTAL (not 85m euros upfront and then installments)

we tried to lowball Benfica after saying we would meet the release clause

we never made an actual official offer anywhere near the RC

Benfica said hell no, and the talks have collapsed atm

they are pissed, have publicly said we negotiated in bad faith (if that view becomes entrenched out there we are FUCKED in the market)

and Enzo is now left out on a an island, as he is all in to come here, was even trying to stop training with them 

if all this is true, then a true shitshow by Boehly

Edited by Vesper

1 hour ago, bigbluewillie said:

All i've read so far is that Benfica want his release clause £112M paid in full and CFC want it to be paid over three installments.

8 hours ago22:19 Charlie Gordon

Fernandez to Chelsea 'collapses'

Chelsea's move for Enzo Fernandez has tumbled rapidly downhill this evening and it may now be over altogether. 

Representatives from Benfica and the Blues met in London today but couldn't come to an agreement, and transfer expert Cesar Luis Merlo claims that the deal has 'collapsed'. 

Meanwhile, Fabrizio Romano reports that Chelsea's offer was nowhere near as big as first thought, with the proposal totalling just under £75million - well short of the Argentine's release clause. 

8 minutes ago, Vesper said:
8 hours ago22:19 Charlie Gordon

Fernandez to Chelsea 'collapses'

Chelsea's move for Enzo Fernandez has tumbled rapidly downhill this evening and it may now be over altogether. 

Representatives from Benfica and the Blues met in London today but couldn't come to an agreement, and transfer expert Cesar Luis Merlo claims that the deal has 'collapsed'. 

Meanwhile, Fabrizio Romano reports that Chelsea's offer was nowhere near as big as first thought, with the proposal totalling just under £75million - well short of the Argentine's release clause. 

I swear I'm so furious when I read this again and again. Can't believe these fucking amateur cunts.

2 hours ago, bigbluewillie said:

I don't think the instalments should be an issue if the two clubs agree that the deal will happen. The real impediment might be any potential difference in the tax treatment of the money received by Benfica if is regarded as a transfer fee, or a contract buy out.

We're told Chelsea need to be able to account the fee in instalments for FFP purposes but that if the move is triggered by the payment of a release clause then, regardless of the actual payment schedule, the full amount counts against FFP in year one. This problem could be overcome by the clubs simply agreeing a transfer fee of €119,999,999.99 rather than by Enzo 'paying' his buy out figure. The missing €0.01 makes no difference to Benfica but it does allow Chelsea to treat the payment as a transfer fee which can be amortised for FFP over the length of Enzo's contract. The potential downside might be that Benfica end up with a bigger tax liability if the deal is conducted on a transfer fee basis, rather than a buy out. I don't know how that would come out but the clubs must.

4 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I don't think the instalments should be an issue if the two clubs agree that the deal will happen. The real impediment might be any potential difference in the tax treatment of the money received by Benfica if is regarded as a transfer fee, or a contract buy out.

We're told Chelsea need to be able to account the fee in instalments for FFP purposes but that if the move is triggered by the payment of a release clause then, regardless of the actual payment schedule, the full amount counts against FFP in year one. This problem could be overcome by the clubs simply agreeing a transfer fee of €119,999,999.99 rather than by Enzo 'paying' his buy out figure. The missing €0.01 makes no difference to Benfica but it does allow Chelsea to treat the payment as a transfer fee which can be amortised for FFP over the length of Enzo's contract. The potential downside might be that Benfica end up with a bigger tax liability if the deal is conducted on a transfer fee basis, rather than a buy out. I don't know how that would come out but the clubs must.

That's exactly what they planned to do and accept thus the discussions and meetings but that dumb cunt backtracked on his verbal agreement and lowballed smh.