Chelsea 0-1 Man City

ZAPHOD2319

Can already see how this will pan out. 

Pep will specifically target our right side and exploit Azpilicueta. 

Pep will suffocate the midfield and wide areas to force us to do what we do best, play backwards. 

Silva will be the main source of creativity. He'll look for runs from our forwards but they will be too few to come by. 

Havertz will have his 906th stinker. 

Pulisic will look like a school boy. 

Sterling won't give a fuck. 

Mount will look like a headless chicken. 

Haaland will get a hattrick. 

Potter will say the boys fought hard.

Although it would almost certainly be too late for him to play I hope we can somehow get Enzo over the line before this game.

United while in a similar rut to us currently got Casemiro in before the Liverpool game and while it was too late to play him it gave everyone in the club a big lift.

2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Although it would almost certainly be too late for him to play I hope we can somehow get Enzo over the line before this game.

United while in a similar rut to us currently got Casemiro in before the Liverpool game and while it was too late to play him it gave everyone in the club a big lift.

The difference is Casemiro is a seasoned professional. I don't think Enzo would have the same effect, but rather blend in with the crap we're already playing. He doesn't have the experience to change a top flight PL game by himself.

Why people are so negative? 

Expecting nothing less than a showtime from our managerial mastermind. Lampard beat them, TT did a few times with perhaps worse players, so it's possible, isn't it? 

20 minutes ago, Hashishi said:

The difference is Casemiro is a seasoned professional. I don't think Enzo would have the same effect, but rather blend in with the crap we're already playing. He doesn't have the experience to change a top flight PL game by himself.

He already kind of has changed a teams fortune to a lesser extent. Argentina looked utterly chaotic at the WC until he was put in the side. 

9 minutes ago, Tomo said:

He already kind of has changed a teams fortune to a lesser extent. Argentina looked utterly chaotic at the WC until he was put in the side. 

It is true that he protected the arguably worst defense in the WC. I think Messi made the difference for them though. We don't have a Messi type player, hell we don't even have a player who can take on a man...

54 minutes ago, Hashishi said:

It is true that he protected the arguably worst defense in the WC. I think Messi made the difference for them though. We don't have a Messi type player, hell we don't even have a player who can take on a man...

Enzo, Mac Allister, and Alvarez are the 3 players that changed Argentina. 

Fearing the worst in this match, but the worst thing Potter can do is have Azpi and KK play together on the right hand side of our defense.

They are going to get skinned., if so.

Bring in Chalobah, or play a winger as full back. Anything to avoid that combo.

2 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

To  stand any chance we need to be aggressive, high press, and take any opportunities FFS

2 hours ago, Laylabelle said:

And pass forwards!

I actually think the best way is to park the bus and play on the counter. We aren't going to achieve anything going gung ho against the best team in the league. They have Foden and Cancelo fully rested so that left wing will be lethal against Azpi. 

I think 3atb would be better for this game. Knowing potter though, he will probably play gung ho, thinking we have nothing to lose. 

My recommended team (in case potter checks this sub):

Kepa

Chalobah    Silva    KK

Azpi   Kova  Jorginho  Cucu

Mount

Sterling Havertz

1 minute ago, Hashishi said:

I actually think the best way is to park the bus and play on the counter. We aren't going to achieve anything going gung ho against the best team in the league. They have Foden and Cancelo fully rested so that left wing will be lethal against Azpi. 

I think 3atb would be better for this game. Knowing potter though, he will probably play gung ho, thinking we have nothing to lose. 

My recommended team (in case potter checks this sub):

Kepa

Chalobah    Silva    KK

Azpi   Kova  Jorginho  Cucu

Mount

Sterling Havertz

Happy to park the bus but not happy if we keep passing backwards towards Kepa or whoever plays in goal as we've seen before just takes one mistake and bam goal for them. It's risky! Keep it away from our goal lol.

2 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Happy to park the bus but not happy if we keep passing backwards towards Kepa or whoever plays in goal as we've seen before just takes one mistake and bam goal for them. It's risky! Keep it away from our goal lol.

Yeah i mean park the bus and long balls to Havertz. No playing out from the back, we can't beat city's press.