Newcastle 1-0 Chelsea

ZAPHOD2319

Time. Time. Time. 

Can we give it some? 

Look at Brighton and what they do. They are the only team to have more possession than City this season and they play beautiful football. It didn't happen overnight. 

Building a brand of football that gives you a higher propensity to win games is not going to happen quickly, otherwise every team would do it. I personally don't want to go back to the days of Mou where we had a decent team, but played defensively, won games against the other big teams, and we acted like top shit.

Give Potter some time to make the changes, scope the team out and work his thought process and tactics in. We weren't doing anything this season regardless. 

41 minutes ago, Thor said:

Time. Time. Time. 

Can we give it some? 

Look at Brighton and what they do. They are the only team to have more possession than City this season and they play beautiful football. It didn't happen overnight. 

Building a brand of football that gives you a higher propensity to win games is not going to happen quickly, otherwise every team would do it. I personally don't want to go back to the days of Mou where we had a decent team, but played defensively, won games against the other big teams, and we acted like top shit.

Give Potter some time to make the changes, scope the team out and work his thought process and tactics in. We weren't doing anything this season regardless. 

Not just time, half the team needs to be sold off to get any improvement in performances. 

This is what happens when you buy players that don't fit every tactical system, it leads to performances like these as the players only know how to play their preferred style, their preferred role on the pitch and when they are asked to adapt, they fail miserably (Sterling, Ziyech, Pulisic, Havertz....so much attacking talent but we can't score a single goal)

Time to pull the band aid off and rebuild, starting with our non existent midfield.  If Jorginho/Kante get amazing offers elsewhere, we should let them go as they'll only get worse in the coming seasons. 

3 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

I have been a Chelsea fan for almost 20 years and never seen us this poor. Not under Sarri, nor lamps nor that dreadful mate 2010 under Carlo. The team is in complete disarray, no leadership or direction. I have no idea what Potter is going for or where it went wrong after those decent Milan other than losing RJ but that Brighton game completely knocked us out. Yeah poor signings and overall not a vintage squad, somewhat inexperienced manager at this level but we won trophies with similar groups and now we are ona. Losing streak vs mediocre teams. Results can go against you but our performances have been atrocious as well. I don’t buy improvements vs city and shit like this we looked better bc they let us. I don’t think there is just one reason, crying potter out or sack all the players won’t help. I just hope we figure out how to play football without our best player at some point . Anyway I am done with football for the year 

I'd argue that Lampard's and Conte's second seasons were worse, but this is right down there at the moment.

At least in terms of results. 

4 back to back defeats and no wins in 5 deserves scrutiny, because that's relegation form.

Potter baffles me with some things such as: who are our two most natural finishers? Aubameyang and Sterling. Yet Broja gets the nod? What logic is this? Because I'm not seeing it. And playing Sterling and Pulisic recently at wing-back raises concerns for obvious reasons. I think that in Tuchel, we had very strict. In Potter, we have very relaxed. A manager with a good blend of both may be what we need. I want Potter to do well, but I'm not gonna lie, I'm starting to look at Mourinho and wonder 'what if'. I dont want to be that guy one who calls for a managerial change so quickly, I'm not a knee-jerk guy when it comes to football management. I always point to Ferguson, who took years to put a killer team out on the pitch. But Potter...I dunno. Theres a doubt as to whether he will stop these odd decisions in my mind.

Edited by tizerist

2 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

I have been a Chelsea fan for almost 20 years and never seen us this poor. Not under Sarri, nor lamps nor that dreadful mate 2010 under Carlo. The team is in complete disarray, no leadership or direction. I have no idea what Potter is going for or where it went wrong after those decent Milan other than losing RJ but that Brighton game completely knocked us out. Yeah poor signings and overall not a vintage squad, somewhat inexperienced manager at this level but we won trophies with similar groups and now we are ona. Losing streak vs mediocre teams. Results can go against you but our performances have been atrocious as well. I don’t buy improvements vs city and shit like this we looked better bc they let us. I don’t think there is just one reason, crying potter out or sack all the players won’t help. I just hope we figure out how to play football without our best player at some point . Anyway I am done with football for the year 

I totally agree with you on this. Have you also noticed that apart from being so poor and disjointed on the pitch, we don't even dominate games anymore in terms of ball possession since Potter came in. The whole play looks boring and clueless. Lots of people also look for players to blame forgetting that it is the same set of players that have been very competitive over the past few years. Even last season in which Chiwel was out, kante was in and out, we still played decent in their absence. First time I go to watch Chelsea matches knowing very well that we will be beaten no matter how small the opponent might be. Have you noticed that the players are still relaxed even while losing a match as well? Mehn

If I were to hazard a guess at what is going on, I'd say it's a combination of a few variables that's leading to this catastrophe, then being...

1. Potter has taken over a squad who has been overachieving in recent years and you could even say reach their actual potential by losing soo many finals.

2. Potter is trying to stick with the fundamentals Tuchel implemented whilst introducing a more free attacking approach which is leading to a cluster fuck on the pitch.

3. Potter may be waiting to bring his own players in as promised by Todd, which could ultimately be a result of seeing soo many square pegs in round holes... it's a matter of fact that this squad is soo CM heavy and all of who are bang average when compared to the elites. 

4. This is the culmination of years in waiting.... bad transfer window after bad transfer window is finally proving our downfall. This a direct result of not having the correct footballing brains in a structured heirechy, instead we had a Russian women more busy with boosting her own reputation over the teams on the pitch.

5. G.Potter is not ready for thsi job right now. Considering the contract he has been given, we may just have to pit up with it and watch him go through the rough until he hits the smooth..... ala Arteta.

22 minutes ago, tizerist said:

Potter baffles me with some things such as: who are our two most natural finishers? Aubameyang and Sterling. Yet Broja gets the nod? What logic is this? Because I'm not seeing it. And playing Sterling and Pulisic recently at wing-back raises concerns for obvious reasons. I think that in Tuchel, we had very strict. In Potter, we have very relaxed. A manager with a good blend of both may be what we need. I want Potter to do well, but I'm not gonna lie, I'm starting to look at Mourinho and wonder 'what if'. I dont want to be that guy one who calls for a managerial change so quickly, I'm not a knee-jerk guy when it comes to football management. I always point to Ferguson, who took years to put a killer team out on the pitch. But Potter...I dunno. Theres a doubt as to whether he will stop these odd decisions in my mind.

I think Broja is getting the nod because Kai is in poor form and looks a tad slow too. Abu may be a good finisher, but he's old and can't press up high (never could).

Chelsea atm is not competing... forget about finishing unless we can regain the football, which we currently can't do. I watch and it's just a matter of time until we concede. No defense can withstand pressure like that.

Edited by robsblubot

2 hours ago, Laylabelle said:

And you know once we concede that's it..game over majority of the time recently. Like this one and Arsenal they only needed to score once and game over

Our goal difference back to 0...

Our GD is at 0?

Now begins our season. It was the plan along.

Edited by Blue Armour

2 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

I'd argue that Lampard's and Conte's second seasons were worse, but this is right down there at the moment.

At least in terms of results. 

4 back to back defeats and no wins in 5 deserves scrutiny, because that's relegation form.

Let’s not forget Ancellottis ‘bad moment’ either.

2 hours ago, DDA said:

If I were to hazard a guess at what is going on, I'd say it's a combination of a few variables that's leading to this catastrophe, then being...

1. Potter has taken over a squad who has been overachieving in recent years and you could even say reach their actual potential by losing soo many finals.

2. Potter is trying to stick with the fundamentals Tuchel implemented whilst introducing a more free attacking approach which is leading to a cluster fuck on the pitch.

3. Potter may be waiting to bring his own players in as promised by Todd, which could ultimately be a result of seeing soo many square pegs in round holes... it's a matter of fact that this squad is soo CM heavy and all of who are bang average when compared to the elites. 

4. This is the culmination of years in waiting.... bad transfer window after bad transfer window is finally proving our downfall. This a direct result of not having the correct footballing brains in a structured heirechy, instead we had a Russian women more busy with boosting her own reputation over the teams on the pitch.

5. G.Potter is not ready for thsi job right now. Considering the contract he has been given, we may just have to pit up with it and watch him go through the rough until he hits the smooth..... ala Arteta.

Don’t forget injuries we were playing ok when RJ was fit,but therein lies another major problem also.

4 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

Our GD is at 0?

Now begins our season. It was the plan along.

Yep. I mean we've hardly hit it high anyway think the highest we've got to has been 3 or 4. We've been in the minus zone now back to 0. Maybe end of the season we could reach double figures! Bad when you look at teams above us. 

17 goals scored and 17 goals conceded..  only 7 teams have scored less then us...

The weaknesses of this team were fully exposed yesterday:
First Newcastle although playing decent football they were nothing special (like say City is).
Second there were no unlucky coincidences, such as going down 1-0, 2-0 by early fluke goals.
Midfield and the frontline were abysmal - only one good shot at goal.

Relegation form- that was fucking awful to watch, the team selection was laughable and we have no cutting edge what so ever.

I'm not having anyone tell me Broja is the man- he isn't, won't be anytime soon and won't be in the future. in the same shit category as Havertz.

Gallagher and Mount right in the bog average bin, as for the back line, fucking load of shite, and don't get me started on the African tit in goal.

I got shot down when I said TT had 1 game to save his job, he was fired, this fucker won't get much longer let me tell you.

2 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Relegation form- that was fucking awful to watch, the team selection was laughable and we have no cutting edge what so ever.

I'm not having anyone tell me Broja is the man- he isn't, won't be anytime soon and won't be in the future. in the same shit category as Havertz.

Gallagher and Mount right in the bog average bin, as for the back line, fucking load of shite, and don't get me started on the African tit in goal.

I got shot down when I said TT had 1 game to save his job, he was fired, this fucker won't get much longer let me tell you.

Only problem is , we don’t have Roman anymore who actually understands football. He sacked tuchel because of personal reasons and hired some absolute nobody on a massive contract , so he might stick with him for years if they get on, potter is probably a yes man and won’t upset the boss 

This season is gone.
In Europe if we are very lucky we eliminate Borussia but clearly there is no future beyond that.
The question is therefore how to build a new team ?
From past experiences this takes two to three years if we are serious about it (huge injection of cash).
Only on one occasion have I seen revival in just one year:
Panathinaikos 1983-84. In 1982-83 they were laughing stock. In 1983-84 with a youth squad and the inclusion of Dimitri Saravakos they won the Greek league.
So to build a new team it typically takes two seasons, unless we are destined to sink even deeper.

This fucking Chelsea team and potter, makes my dilemma even worse

Watched this shit and the shiity game from my hospital bed.

I’m in St Thomas ’s hospital.

Had a heart attack nearly 3 weeks ago, fuck Chelsea they don’t make my condition any better.