Brighton 4-1 Chelsea

ZAPHOD2319

Overall pathetic display, and more concerning bar the Salzburg game, is how poor we've looked in recent games going through a period in the season where we've now got a tough run of fixtures.

The most unforgiveable thing at present is how much our pressing ability has dropped off in the last 12 months. It was something that looked strong initially under Tuchel, but has been very poor and ineffective for a long time. 

1 minute ago, Milan said:

A genuine question - in the last month, was there anything positive, apart from some victories? Anything to get your hopes hold up to something?

That we got our goal difference to the postive numbers lol. Wouldn't say so. We qualified for Champions league which is good but playing like this seems a waste of time...

Just now, Superblue said:

Overall pathetic display, and more concerning bar the Salzburg game, is how poor we've looked in recent games going through a period in the season where we've now got a tough run of fixtures.

The most unforgiveable thing at present is how much our pressing ability has dropped off in the last 12 months. It was something that looked strong initially under Tuchel, but has been very poor and ineffective for a long time. 

That's the side effect of playing players that probably don't want to be here/wanted to leave a number of weeks ago, plus those that are aging. Due to their energy and hunger, Broja & Gallagher are two players that should be starting.

1 minute ago, Laylabelle said:

That we got our goal difference to the postive numbers lol. Wouldn't say so. We qualified for Champions league which is good but playing like this seems a waste of time...

That's sad then.

1 minute ago, LAM09 said:

That's the side effect of playing players that probably don't want to be here/wanted to leave a number of weeks ago, plus those that are aging. Due to their energy and hunger, Broja & Gallagher are two players that should be starting.

I can't agree with that based on today's game. Apart from Pulisic were any of the other starters linked with wanting to leave the club in the summer?

Pretty sure from the starting lineup too, 5 or 6 of them were 25 years old or under and only Silva is older than 30. 

I can accept when we're beaten by a better team, but I hate being out battled by worse teams.

There was no plan to absorb an early pressure from a team playing infront of their supporters and wanting to attack.
Same as against Leeds, under Tuchel (his biggest failure).
Complacency - everyone expected Brighton to sit back and just park the bus. Why ? Have they signed a contract to do that ?
Then you have to try to come back from three goals down. This can happen only if the opponent got lucky but they are amateurs and panic.
But also look at the players who are posing as Chelsea attackers: Stirling (indeed), Pulisic and Havertz.
I don't care if Havertz scored our only goal and our winner at Strasbourg. He is no Chelsea material.
If you make me centre forward and if in spite the general indignation you keep using me, I 'm going to score the whatever few goals are scored.

11 minutes ago, Superblue said:

I can't agree with that based on today's game. Apart from Pulisic were any of the other starters linked with wanting to leave the club in the summer?

Pretty sure from the starting lineup too, 5 or 6 of them were 25 years old or under and only Silva is older than 30. 

I can accept when we're beaten by a better team, but I hate being out battled by worse teams.

My comment was in general. We can't press like crazy when we have the likes of Silva, Jorgi, Azpi, and now Auba as starters, more often than not.

With regards to the bolded - Chalobah, Kepa and Pulisic were seen as surplus to requirements not so long ago, and the manager thinks bringing on Ziyech was a smart idea.

We've lacked fight for years now, and the players we've brought in don't have any either. 

Edited by LAM09

1 minute ago, LAM09 said:

My comment was in general. We can't press like crazy when we have the likes of Silva, Jorgi, Azpi, and now Auba as starters, more often than not.

With regards to the bolded - Chalobah , Kepa and Pulisic were seen as surplus to requirements not so long ago, and the manager thinks bringing on Ziyech was a smart idea.

We've lacked fight for years now, and the players we've brought in don't have any either. 

Why City dumped Stirling ?
Was he somebody like Mbappe asking for trillions from the club ?