Brighton 4-1 Chelsea

ZAPHOD2319

22 hours ago, YorkshireBlue said:

I wouldn't really call it humiliating, Brighton are a good team, our problem isn't the manager it's the squad or midfield is laughable and our 2 new CBs have injury's and so does our RWB and our LWB is still recovering from his injury, any 2 can sit here and blame potter and even TT but the fact is TT had the chance to fix that midfield on the summer and didn't, now potter is paying that price. I understand why some of you are angry but this is Todd and potters first season after the dramatics of last season, u could change manager 5 times and it doesn't matter that midfield is not good enough 433 343 352 442 doesn't matter the midfield isn't good enough, I fear this season will be a long road for some of you, and the ones saying potter out, u really need to change your attitude because that sorta behaviour is the reason this club is fucked and has a squad of shite, you are all quick to bang on about Liverpool and man city, but quick to forget they where both projects, you guys won't even give projects a chance, you just expect miracles.

We have been a project (or in "transition", whatever you call it) since I don't know when, but many years have passed where the same things have been said. In that case our project management is horrible as we're only getting worse. Over the years there have been very few signs that we should be trusting or having faith in said "project". A project where we still sign past it old players as stop-gaps.

19 hours ago, milka said:

Every season for us since 2017 is transitional . I'm tired of watching the same humiliation every season and a difference of 20+ points to the first 2 teams .

It is clear that it takes time, but we have been in some kind of vicious circle for 5 years.

It is not moral people like  Solly March , Pascal Gros and Lallana to humiliate you 

Potter is either naive or he really  just believes that Pulisic will become a  wing-back  like Trossard or Cucurella will become a solid defender in a back three.

Next game vs Arsenal  - Silva DM ,  Sterling LB , Kovacic ST . 

The problem here is that we never went for a cover RWB in the summer. Azpi is not it if even fucking Pulisic or RLC plays ahead of him there. We totally neglected RWB in favour of spunking €65mill on Cucurella and €56mill on Sterling, who is now playing LWB despite Chilwell and Cucu being fit 😂. This situation was always going to happen because it is known that our WBs are prone to injury and one can't blame them for that, it is the most physically demanding position. Chilwell will also get injured during the season, mark my words... but at least there we have Cucurella to cover for him, an actual wing-back, so we won't miss him as much as we are missing Reece. You become a one-man team when you don't have adequate cover for that one man.

6 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I think what @Vesper said, or at least implied, about Zakaria is correct. It seems that, for whatever reason, the club want shot of him in January and seem to be aware that Juve will not voluntarily agree to cancel the loan halfway through the season. One way out of this is that Juve can secure an alternative loan club for Denis after the world cup. If that's the scenario, then the two club per-season rule means we cannot play him 'even for one minute' as this would kill any chance of another loan. Another possible scenario is that there is an automatic break in the agreement if Denis does not play.

This would still leave the mystery of why in that case does Denis keep being selected to the bench. Perhaps it's a signal that there is nothing wrong with him physically. 

Why the FUCK did we even loan Zakaria? Just goes to show how clueless Boehly and co. actually were during the summer. For example, it's been said by trustworthy journalists that Boehly had decided to get rid of Tuchel long before he actually did. THEN WHY THE FUCK WAIT UNTIL THE SEASON'S BEGUN AND TRANSFER WINDOW IS CLOSED?! Does he think it's easy for a new manager to just come in mid-season and start fucking shit up? Boehly, Eghbali and that bunch are fucking idiots. If they don't start keeping away from footballing matters soon then we are fucked.

4 hours ago, YorkshireBlue said:

World cup is also a massive problem, the amount of games played and you can tell the players are scared to death of getting injured. Why the fuck a winter world cup was authorized is beyond me.

Because of corruption.

Edited by manpe

21 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Gallagher and havertz are the same player? Please explain.

In the sense they both like to occupy that #10 role. Havertz likes dropping to midfield from the ST position whereas Gallagher likes to advance high up from the #8 position. Add Mount in the mix and you have three players trying to perform the same duties or they are completely out of position. 

1 minute ago, DDA said:

We haven't been right since pre-season. Two good pperformances vs Spurs and AC Milan in the first game. 

That's it.

Everything has been nothing more than a circus. 

GP has a big job on his hands. Will he survive!? I hope so.

Yeahhh pre season was just a sign of things to come. That went bad and the season hasn't got going really. Kinda lucky other teams near are also struggling a little.

Hopefully.. because if not it somehow feels a bit of a waste of time appointing him if he only gets fired at the end.

The whole "oH itS jUsT pReAsON" argument is a saving face by people in denial. Your eyes don't lie and when you see reoccurring issues within the team and players, "It's Just Preseason" becomes incredibly invalid. 

Edited by MoroccanBlue

How have we got in this fucking mess?

No midfield, certainly no creative, and no defensive, forget about Kante coming back he's finished.

Then we have no forward line, I said I didn't want Sterling here from the very off much to the consternation of many, but I think my assessment of him is proving right, furthermore we have no wide players, apart from Chucky and Potter wont play him.

Then the defence is fucked we spend £80M on a crock who's also finished before he's started, and Potter keeps playing that muppet Cucurella as a left side defender.

This whole lot is reprehensible there's no passion, no drive, no creation, and a total lack of interest from them.

I have absolutely no faith in them at all, I dread having to watch them.

So how have we ended up not improving the squad yet again, we do it now season after season fuck up's in every position.

Edited by bigbluewillie

9 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Maybe we should replace the players that continue to be inconsistent for us for years? 

Where would you start?   That would mean replacing everyone other than James, Mount, T.Silva, Kante, Kovacic, J5, Chilwell and the new signings this season. 

3 hours ago, bigbluewillie said:

How have we got in this fucking mess?

No midfield, certainly no creative, and no defensive, forget about Kante coming back he's finished.

Then we have no forward line, I said I didn't want Sterling here from the very off much to the consternation of many, but I think my assessment of him is proving right, furthermore we have no wide players, apart from Chucky and Potter wont play him.

Then the defence is fucked we spend £80M on a crock who's also finished before he's started, and Potter keeps playing that muppet Cucurella as a left side defender.

This whole lot is reprehensible there's no passion, no drive, no creation, and a total lack of interest from them.

I have absolutely no faith in them at all, I dread having to watch them.

So how have we ended up not improving the squad yet again, we do it now season after season fuck up's in every position.

• Chucky is too young to play all the time, he's been given minutes recently but it'll take time for him to settle in
  • It really is a shame that Fofana is out and now Koulibaly has been out recently as he was just starting to settle in before that injury against Brentford (you take 3 starting defenders out of our top 4 rivals and I bet they'd struggle as well!)
  • As for no passion & drive, that's because we're not selling off the average players (like RLC) and the players that don't give a shite (Ziyech, even Pulisic), I really do hope that we can clean out our first team deadwood and start building a proper team again
  • Feel like next season's transfer window could be huge in the make up of this team, massive opportunity to build that midfield with two key players off contract
  • Long story short - we're in for a painful one this season, tough to see how we go past 6th place this season unless Aubameyang, Sterling and Havertz start banging in goals for fun....

On 30/10/2022 at 08:49, Reddish-Blue said:

The bigger question is, does that mean that the club has a replacement midfielder lined up for January?

Agreed.

...and we basically got a midfielder in for no reason other than 'cover' on deadline day. 

I hope that Denis would have had a real squad role had TT stayed. Otherwise, it's hard to see what was behind this move.

...we are a few months away from having Kovacic and RLC as the only midfielders under contract...which is quite alarming! 

🙂 

If that were to be the case, it would be 'quite alarming' in the same way that the wings falling off the airplane you're on is quite alarming!

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

18 hours ago, manpe said:

[The world cup was awarded to Qutar] Because of corruption.

Plain and simple.

And it didn't stop with the corruption of the bidding process. When people are forced by economic desperation to work in conditions which have cost thousands of them their lives, and this is done for the provision of entertainment, then I say not in my name. I won't be watching a single minute of this competition.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

That was shambolic on Saturday- from the first minute we buckled and allowed them and the atmosphere to dominate. The likes of City go to these place and quieten the crowd, we play into their hands by shabby control, wasteful passes and general shit play.

The amount of fucking times players receive the ball and fucking stupidly and naively think nobody will be on their back pressuring them is laughable. Slow and shite both in thought and movement all over the park. I can't even single anyone out as they were all shite.

Get away NOW from this Pulisic and Sterling wing back shite, it's awful and doesn't work.

We are a soft touch right, bunch of kittens the lot of them.