Chelsea 1-1 Man Utd

ZAPHOD2319

Miles away from City and even Arsenal.

We were lucky to get a penalty otherwise we wouldn’t score even if we play 180 minutes…

Zero creativity in attack, really. Not only today.

Draw is a fair result because they could win us. Ourselves to blame that we couldn’t waste 2-3 more minutes and won it.

GP is obviously not better than TT but they are both good coaches, would not blame either for the situation we are in. Rahter, it's the squad  that is just hopeless. As I said during the match and many here agreed afterwards, our recuritment is terrible. We have wasted close to a bn on absolute shit players like Cucurella, Lukaku, Sterling, Ziyech etc . Until we actually have a recuritment strategy with a competent DoF in place, we should just not splash out huge sums and then wonder where it went wrong. Broja once more did 10x more than Auba in a fraction of the minutes, Mount outshone Sterling, Trev is maturing into one of the best cbs in the league when Cucurella ran around like a headless chicken again. Jorginho and Azpi  while good servants to the club are finished. We should only buy players that identify 100% with the club. Obviously most of our acquisitions just come in to collect a paycheck and do as much as necessary not to violate their contracts but nothing more. we have gone the Barca route of luring players here who are not fit for the team nor the club with fat paychecks and hoping for the best, no clear strategy of how to integrate and play them. Now we pay the price. manUre have the same strategy btw and they looked like shit today as well too albeit slightly more creative than we did, blind chicken and stuff.

btw rewatched extensive highlights and while ManUre had more big chances with antony and rashford missing guilt edged ones, we should have had another penalty. Casemiro bodychecked Sterling right after he attempted that intercepted bass to Auba in the box. Clear pen for me as he hits him on the knee as well. Honestly, i was shocked when we got that Jorginho penalty. After maguire's chokehold vs Azpi i never blieved we would ever get a big decision against them again. Also where did the 6mins come from? One goal? that was the moment I was sure we would concede late. Another (albeit anyway terrible) match compleltey ruined by a professional match fixer with a whistle.

1 hour ago, Magic Lamps said:

GP is obviously not better than TT but they are both good coaches, would not blame either for the situation we are in. Rahter, it's the squad  that is just hopeless. As I said during the match and many here agreed afterwards, our recuritment is terrible. We have wasted close to a bn on absolute shit players like Cucurella, Lukaku, Sterling, Ziyech etc . Until we actually have a recuritment strategy with a competent DoF in place, we should just not splash out huge sums and then wonder where it went wrong. Broja once more did 10x more than Auba in a fraction of the minutes, Mount outshone Sterling, Trev is maturing into one of the best cbs in the league when Cucurella ran around like a headless chicken again. Jorginho and Azpi  while good servants to the club are finished. We should only buy players that identify 100% with the club. Obviously most of our acquisitions just come in to collect a paycheck and do as much as necessary not to violate their contracts but nothing more. we have gone the Barca route of luring players here who are not fit for the team nor the club with fat paychecks and hoping for the best, no clear strategy of how to integrate and play them. Now we pay the price. manUre have the same strategy btw and they looked like shit today as well too albeit slightly more creative than we did, blind chicken and stuff.

Agree with most of this and we need to fix the glaring issue in midfield. 

Get someone in there who can add a bit of physicality and get away with those 'professional' fouls like Rodri, Fabinho, Casemiro etc

The fact that Potter doesn't want to use Zakaria at all...it seems like he'll be sent back to Juventus in January. 

As for Cucurella, we overpaid massively.  City were smart, they offered very good value for Cucurella (30-35 million) and when Brighton asked for 50+ million, they cancelled the deal.   For some reason we got desperate and ended up spending twice his actual value.  

2 hours ago, xPetrCechx said:

Miles away from City and even Arsenal.

We were lucky to get a penalty otherwise we wouldn’t score even if we play 180 minutes…

Zero creativity in attack, really. Not only today.

Draw is a fair result because they could win us. Ourselves to blame that we couldn’t waste 2-3 more minutes and won it.

If we played either of those sides, I wouldn't be surprised to see a 4-1 scoreline in their favor. 

Both Chelsea & United are in the same place, fighting for 4th place in the league.  The only difference is that they got their midfield sorted whilst our midfield is one injury away from serious problems (especially with Kante out for many months). 

5 hours ago, LAM09 said:

It's clear how reliant we are on James. We are literally a different side once he's out & it's beyond the point of concern.

And Kante and Rudiger.

Absolute jokes that anyone thinks midget CuCu is a viable CB.

This was all so fucking avoidable too. 

On a side note, did you guys sense the hatred from the ex-Madrid boys of Casemiro and Varane?

Varane punched the flag on his way out (although to be fair, he was wrongly booed off for an unfortunate injury)

Casemerio got into a tussle with Mount and was acting like he was possessed by a demon after scoring the equalizer. Felt like slapping his face through the TV when that happened, lol.

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

And Kante and Rudiger.

Absolute jokes that anyone thinks midget CuCu is a viable CB.

This was all so fucking avoidable too. 

Cucurella at LCB experiment has to stop. Better off playing Koulibaly there.

Cucurellas sole purpose is to deputize for Chillwell to keep him fresh

4 hours ago, bigbluewillie said:

Sack Potter..

8 games and he's not lost 1, fucking liberty.

Should never have been appointed. Of course He won’t be sacked anytime soon , but it will happen eventually , he’s second rate 

9 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

If squad quality is the problem, then the manager who spent a year and a half and £250m surely has more responsibility for it than the ones who has just taken over.

That we spent so much money on Fofana, who had a known injury history, overpaid for Cucu, whom GP was only happy to let go, went for Sterling, when we need midfield creativity, etc, puts a lot of the blame for a our current squad quality on Tuchel. I honestly can't think of.another PL manager who would have made such a mess of spending £250m, certainly not GP. 

I thought Lampard was wasteful when we paid so much for Werner, Havertz, and Ziyech. But you could excuse him for inexperience. Tuchel was just plain hopeless in that department, starting with the Lukaku signing, I'm sorry.

It's too early to judge GP. Our results have improved, and the steady decline in performance has been halted at lesst. Squad quality remains an issue, seeing that we have to scrape the barrell with RLC. But to compare GP to TT so early and under these circumstances is premature.

38 minutes ago, Da Herbsman said:

If squad quality is the problem, then the manager who spent a year and a half and £250m surely has more responsibility for it than the ones who has just taken over.

That we spent so much money on Fofana, who had a known injury history, overpaid for Cucu, whom GP was only happy to let go, went for Sterling, when we need midfield creativity, etc, puts a lot of the blame for a our current squad quality on Tuchel. I honestly can't think of.another PL manager who would have made such a mess of spending £250m, certainly not GP. 

I thought Lampard was wasteful when we paid so much for Werner, Havertz, and Ziyech. But you could excuse him for inexperience. Tuchel was just plain hopeless in that department, starting with the Lukaku signing, I'm sorry.

It's too early to judge GP. Our results have improved, and the steady decline in performance has been halted at lesst. Squad quality remains an issue, seeing that we have to scrape the barrell with RLC. But to compare GP to TT so early and under these circumstances is premature.

The manager isn’t responsible for overpaying, they don’t negotiate the transfer fees. They might have some suggestions about who to target , that’s it. Can we be sure TT asked for lukaku over other targets or that Lampard asked for Ziyech ? 

8 minutes ago, lucio said:

The manager isn’t responsible for overpaying, they don’t negotiate the transfer fees. They might have some suggestions about who to target , that’s it. Can we be sure TT asked for lukaku over other targets or that Lampard asked for Ziyech ? 

it's an age old debate; how much the manager decides whom we sign  I'm rather old fashioned on this; the manager picks the players we buy, unless otherwise stated. I think GP is doing okay with what he inherited. Personally, none of Tuchel's signing is top choice.