Chelsea 1-1 Man Utd

ZAPHOD2319

1 hour ago, Da Herbsman said:

If squad quality is the problem, then the manager who spent a year and a half and £250m surely has more responsibility for it than the ones who has just taken over.

That we spent so much money on Fofana, who had a known injury history, overpaid for Cucu, whom GP was only happy to let go, went for Sterling, when we need midfield creativity, etc, puts a lot of the blame for a our current squad quality on Tuchel. I honestly can't think of.another PL manager who would have made such a mess of spending £250m, certainly not GP. 

I thought Lampard was wasteful when we paid so much for Werner, Havertz, and Ziyech. But you could excuse him for inexperience. Tuchel was just plain hopeless in that department, starting with the Lukaku signing, I'm sorry.

It's too early to judge GP. Our results have improved, and the steady decline in performance has been halted at lesst. Squad quality remains an issue, seeing that we have to scrape the barrell with RLC. But to compare GP to TT so early and under these circumstances is premature.

The Fofana deal was just pure desperation.  Like if the club wanted him that badly, why bother flirting with Ake returning to Chelsea or trying to convince De Ligt or even chasing Kounde?    Would Leicester really have rejected 50+ million for Fofana earlier in the window?

As for Cucurella, I completely agree.  You're telling me that there are no other LB/LWB's available that could have been brought in to compete with Chilwell for less than 55 million? 

TT was out of depth trying to deal with the transfer market and we paid the price as all of our top 4 rivals got stronger...and we still have the same issue in midfield.  Arsenal got the 2 best City players available, Spurs added squad depth and United upgraded their midfield. 

3 hours ago, lucio said:

Should never have been appointed. Of course He won’t be sacked anytime soon , but it will happen eventually , he’s second rate 

Absolute rubbish your comments, he's only been here for a few weeks not lost a game, he was my number one choice.

8 played W5 D3 L0 F 13 A 3

My comment was being facetious, I think you need to get a grip my friend.

2 hours ago, bigbluewillie said:

Absolute rubbish your comments, he's only been here for a few weeks not lost a game, he was my number one choice.

8 played W5 D3 L0 F 13 A 3

My comment was being facetious, I think you need to get a grip my friend.

Did well in the CL but we’ve been piss poor in the league under him and fortunate not to have dropped more points 

17 hours ago, Milan said:

Has anyone seen the usual goal line technology graphics? Because I have not. And from the replays it was not very conclusive. I am not saying it was not a goal but there was no graphics to prove it.

Yeah it was shown on MOTD. Ever so slightly, but it was over unfortunately.

Let's just be brutally honest...

We have mid-table players in attack bar Aubameyang who is on his way down from the peak of his powers and Sterling who looks lost. We also have the weakest midfield I have seen at Chelsea since I can remember. That's why we perform like a mid-table club. We need to start buying smarter, alot smarter.

It's worrying when you watch Brighton and think that 3 of their players, March, Cicedo and Torssard would walk into our team.

I don’t think some people remember how bad the start of the season we had under Tuchel was. Top 4 looked bleak, getting out of our group in CL looked iffy, no one seemed happy in the locker room, etc. We had been poor for a long time dating back to last season under TT.

Give Potter some time. No one is going to miraculously make our midfield better which is our biggest issue. At least we have a punchers chance to make top 4 and maybe make a nice run in the CL. We were never PL contenders going into this season. Still too many glaring needs on the roster. 

8 minutes ago, Blues11 said:

I don’t think some people remember how bad the start of the season we had under Tuchel was. Top 4 looked bleak, getting out of our group in CL looked iffy, no one seemed happy in the locker room, etc. We had been poor for a long time dating back to last season under TT.

Give Potter some time. No one is going to miraculously make our midfield better which is our biggest issue. At least we have a punchers chance to make top 4 and maybe make a nice run in the CL. We were never PL contenders going into this season. Still too many glaring needs on the roster. 

You are correct and there is a huge problem with the way we play going forward. Watching Chelsea week in and week out has felt like I'm doing community service for years now.

well squad is enough to get 4th place but no way we can challenge for the title

too many mistakes we made in the last couple of years

smashing insane amount of money for average players killed us

and its better make a statue from tuchel cuz we winning that champions league was a miracle. upgraded our status in european football in a way we couldn't imagine. if we don't won that title our status would below that are now

very lucky to won that champions league when nobody hoping for that

Edited by Mário César

1 hour ago, Mário César said:

well squad is enough to get 4th place but no way we can challenge for the title

too many mistakes we made in the last couple of years

smashing insane amount of money for average players killed us

and its better make a statue from tuchel cuz we winning that champions league was a miracle. upgraded our status in european football in a way we couldn't imagine. if we don't won that title our status would below that are now

very lucky to won that champions league when nobody hoping for that

There's nobody and I mean nobody believed or believes that we have or had a chance of the title.

What i think is that we have a chance of finishing in the top 4, and maybe a chance of a cup, we're not even into the first third of the season and ppl on here and elsewhere are writing us off.

KTBFFH

12 minutes ago, bigbluewillie said:

There's nobody and I mean nobody believed or believes that we have or had a chance of the title.

What i think is that we have a chance of finishing in the top 4, and maybe a chance of a cup, we're not even into the first third of the season and ppl on here and elsewhere are writing us off.

KTBFFH

After our last 3 FA Cup finals not sure about our chance of a cup...or maybe we can break that spell of not getting the win

top 4 yep fighting for that but title was never a chance.

Sad state of affairs when Man Utd are trouncing you in the middle of the park. Seems like not that long ago that midfield was probably our strongest area, now it is clearly our weakest.

To be fair if Kante, Kovacic and Jorginho are all fit we have a very strong midfield, albeit lacking goal scoring. Feels like this crisis is a result of so many other crisis - this was always obviously going to become a problem, but it was never at the top of the priority list, or even close.