Chelsea 1-1 Man Utd

ZAPHOD2319

Annoying. We weren't great tbh, especially first half. Improve second half. Auba should have come off for Broja imo earlier. He did not have much chances but he did not help with the press. Chalobah was brilliant though. Has been putting in consistent performances regularly now. Brilliant game he had. Happy that Arsenal dropped points finally. Made me a bit happier this wekend.

3 hours ago, Laylabelle said:

What happens when you make some some of effort 

To be fair, Brentford were also poor today.

Just another one of those sides that raise their game when we play them, doing team huddles before the match begins and do their damndest to not lose. Just like Leeds earlier this season.

15 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

Just another one of those sides that raise their game when we play them, doing team huddles before the match begins and do their damndest to not lose. Just like Leeds earlier this season.

But we do not exactly  instill  fear either . We tend do really poorly against teams who play with intensity be it pressing us high or sitting back deep defending doggedly. We seldom blow teams off the pitch like we used to. In contrast,  teams see City rolling in with Haaland and they are shitting  themselves, City win before a ball is kicked. When they see Sterling , Cucu, K2 slouching around, they very much fancy their chances. 

2 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

We tend do really poorly against teams who play with intensity be it pressing us high or sitting back deep defending doggedly.

Against whom do we do well then ?
I think we do well against opponents who are either too weak or sort of have their mind to regain the ball and attack rather than close all the gaps.
RM was one who played like that and we scored four against them.
Essentially we seem to lack players who can open defenses with individual efforts, like Eden when he was playing for us.
Sometimes a set piece favours as -like with Koulibaly against Spurs- but that does n't happen every time.

On 23/10/2022 at 03:10, Blue Armour said:

Cucurella at LCB experiment has to stop. Better off playing Koulibaly there.

Cucurellas sole purpose is to deputize for Chillwell to keep him fresh

Not going to lie but Koulibaly has been pretty awful for us so not so sure its as easy a fix as changing Cucurella out for him. 

On 23/10/2022 at 18:29, Blue Armour said:

I dont think its a case they raised their game so much. We played poorly. Play poor and don't take chances then nothing happens. We had majority of the ball,majority of the shots and as has been the case recently can't create anything. 

We had 5 shots on target..no goals. Villa had 11 on target no wonder they managed to get something from those

Edited by Laylabelle

2 hours ago, Laylabelle said:

I dont think its a case they raised their game so much. We played poorly. Play poor and don't take chances then nothing happens. We had majority of the ball,majority of the shots and as has been the case recently can't create anything. 

We had 5 shots on target..no goals. Villa had 11 on target no wonder they managed to get something from those

I guess my point is that a side doesn't play the way they did against us,and then go on to lose badly playing the same way