Branislav Ivanovic

.Cee

7 hours ago, Leif said:

He and Mikel are here because of their strength and 'stability' during their good periods. Utility players. Every club needs them; we're just over-depending on ours. 

Ivanovic should be here, but on the bench.

Ivanovic has been a sure starter with most if not all managers. Unfair to compare him with the legend.

Yes Ivanovic is on decline, but reckon the club thinks he can still contribute given the right protection and strong pre-season (different from what we had this season).

See if this is correct this is the outlook that pisses me off with the board. It's quite plain and clear that Ivanovic is struggling, not only struggling but actually is very poor in quite a few aspects of the game. This isn't difficult to see, yet we are potentially wanting to extend a contract and allow him to continue playing. I have said before and will say again...You will not see pure fluency from Chelsea whilkst we continue with a RB at LB and a bloke who struggles to defend, attack and actually be consistent for a good period of time.

Paul Scholes said the same as I have been saying for ages....stop square pegs in round holes, stop shackling attacking players, stop shoe horning players into positions they struggle in and let fluency and rightful players positions happen.

Branislav Ivanovic is a very average player, and that's the problem right now, we have too fucking many. 

I am hoping this extension is for one of those reason:

1) Getting a transfer fee in the summer.

2) Lowering his wages and keeping him as back-up.

The worst option is if we continue with him regularly next season as well.

3 minutes ago, lucio said:

if we give him a new contract, we deserve to get liquidated. scandalous 

what?

jose played him, gus is playing him and the board is giving him a new contract. who are you to judge him. we know nothing. nothing. (thats what i have been told) :lol: