Branislav Ivanovic

.Cee

9 hours ago, Barbara said:

now that's a good avatar pic for all the Emenalo lovers, who always credit Mourinho with the failures and Emenalo with the successful signings we've done the last three years.

It's on my desktop now till the end of the season.

Most people are missing the obvious ... That keeping ivanovic saves money - is yet another cheap move for a squad that is on the cheap side compared to the other top clubs.

he's been playing at a decent good level and people are wrong to criticize him too much for Everton game. Their left side is usually very strong with baines and anyone would struggle with that - another player would certainly too.

we failed to contain that side as a team.

he was beaten some times by overlaps. Other times by early crosses, which is Baines' virtue and very difficult to contain.

Of course he's on the decline as he loses the little pace he had. But the club does not seem capable of investing in multiple areas apparently.

Has taken so much slack off supporters this season and a lot of it rightly deserved but I still feel some off the comments attributed to him after him getting a one year contract was OTT. He proved that he was worth a one year with that excellent cross today. Credit where credit is due. He created the moment of magic in that game.

Just now, manpe said:

Serious or joking?

I am not joking. If you gave me the choice of letting him go on a free or giving him a one year I would say give him the contract, however he must be a bit-part player next season and not a first team starter. He has given enough to deserve 1 year. But making him regular starter next season is another thing.

1 hour ago, BlueLion said:

Hiddink's biggest contribution to the team since his arrival is his utilisation of full-backs, pushed high up the pitch (all down to the Lord Mikel effect, I assure you). 

Azpi and Ivan have arguably never been so potent as an attacking duo.

I just think Mourinho literally never liked his fullbacks going forward. It's such a huge part of modern football that a team can never play entertaining football without attacking fullbacks 

5 hours ago, kellzfresh said:

I just think Mourinho literally never liked his fullbacks going forward. It's such a huge part of modern football that a team can never play entertaining football without attacking fullbacks 

Forget entertaining, you need it to break down teams and score. Fullbacks are very important going forward.

I'm just happy Hiddink informed Brani crosses leaving the ground aren't against the regulations of football. Ivanovic must've thought his peers were receiving fines for all those aerial crosses.

23 hours ago, Stats said:

I am not joking. If you gave me the choice of letting him go on a free or giving him a one year I would say give him the contract, however he must be a bit-part player next season and not a first team starter. He has given enough to deserve 1 year. But making him regular starter next season is another thing.

One cross = one more year?