Branislav Ivanovic

.Cee

I do ponder one thing, if Ivanovic is dropped who do you guys want in? The way I see it we've got 2 options;

Azpi - Terry - Zouma - Baba

or

Aina - Terry - Zouma - Azpi

Ignoring choice of CBs, do you guys think Baba is ready to make that LB spot his? I mean Azpilicueta is in fact a terrific left-back for all intents and purposes.

We played 7 games without Ivanovic during his injury and conceded 8.

Since his return 9 games 6 conceded.

Ivanovic is passed it and needs replacing but droppinghim won't magically turn our form around.

No, but it's a step forward not only in defensive side, but in offensive too.

Ivanovic is passed it and needs replacing but droppinghim won't magically turn our form around.

Ahh stats.

He gets any slower and he'll need a rascal though.

Team stats, especially generic ones like goals scored/conceded or points won....etc. simply CANNOT be attributed or even directly correlated to the presence/absence of a single player or factor as there are endless variables that cannot be accounted for from one game to the next that affect the outcome.

I swear, it should be mandatory that that statement be displayed as a warning/disclaimer on every single football stats site.

I do ponder one thing, if Ivanovic is dropped who do you guys want in? The way I see it we've got 2 options;

Azpi - Terry - Zouma - Baba

or

Aina - Terry - Zouma - Azpi

Ignoring choice of CBs, do you guys think Baba is ready to make that LB spot his? I mean Azpilicueta is in fact a terrific left-back for all intents and purposes.

first options, need natural fullbacks, azpi on the left defends well, but destroys any buildup, can't have the fullback taking 4 touches and cutting back every time

Ivanovic has been dreadful once again. Just one example: when Martial hit the woodwork. Ivan was completely at fault. He was completely lost on the pitch. I feel embarrassed for him. He should not play again for us. Anyone else cannot be worse.

• 2 weeks later...

Branislav Ivanovic has agreed the terms of a contract extension at Chelsea and is likely to sign a one-year deal next month, with the option of a further 12 months if he plays a certain number of matches. Times

Well, he really doesn't deserve to get a contract extension judging by his poor performance this season. It's like board more appreciate him rather than Lampard or Ashley Cole. Brana is getting slow and I'm tired seeing his flat crossing every game