Graham Potter Thread

ZAPHOD2319

53 minutes ago, milka said:

Just not feeling this guy. Honestly, would rather Poch over him and I don't want Poch at all. 

I don't know who I actually want though- just don't want them. 🤣

Edit* I don't know why, he wasn't great at Arsenal but do think Unai Emery is a decent manager, plays fast attacking football. I'm sure I will get slated but he has turned a shite Villa team into the 3rd best team in the league since the W/C - with a better squad....

Edited by Muzchap

6 hours ago, Tomo said:

For anyone who says Enrique's only good job is Barca, he got a Celta Vigo side who had little to no money and just avoided relegation by a point as a newly promoted side the year before to 9th.

Would be the equivalent of someone doing likewise with Bournemouth or Forest next season.

His Celta Vigo job would be comparable I think to Potter at Brighton, the difference being Enrique has then proven he can cope with the demands and expectations to win with a big club which Potter completely fluffed.

Of the candidates currently available and realistic, I'm torn between him and Nagelsmann as I think both have some positives and negatives, but I do think both are well ahead of other options.

Naglesmann has the buzz behind him but I cannot bare to think about another year or however long of constant formation changing and bizarre line ups our fanbase can take.

24 minutes ago, Superblue said:

His Celta Vigo job would be comparable I think to Potter at Brighton, the difference being Enrique has then proven he can cope with the demands and expectations to win with a big club which Potter completely fluffed.

Of the candidates currently available and realistic, I'm torn between him and Nagelsmann as I think both have some positives and negatives, but I do think both are well ahead of other options.

He also laid down the law to Messi yet despite that the Argentine considers him in top 2 of all his coaches (Pep obviously the other).

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

He also laid down the law to Messi yet despite that the Argentine considers him in top 2 of all his coaches (Pep obviously the other).

Yeah it's been well reported his man management of players is top notch, whilst still being able to keep that distance and high levels of discipline.

[JijantesFC] Luis Enrique has traveled to London this morning and his signing for Chelsea could be on the horizon. He travels accompanied by Iván de la Peña, a close friend of Luis Enrique, who is managing the operation.

Just now, Special Juan said:

Can't beleive any of that Enrique stuff as it's not been reported by any worth while source

Neither was the imminent sacking of Potter. 
You never know..

But Enrique traveling to London isnt strange at all. Probably to be interviewed.  
I bet Nagelsmann also lurking around in London 👀 

13 minutes ago, Costa19 said:

Neither was the imminent sacking of Potter. 
You never know..

But Enrique traveling to London isnt strange at all. Probably to be interviewed.  
I bet Nagelsmann also lurking around in London 👀 

Romano reporting this now, it's a straight shoot out it seems

Luis Enrique does seem genuinely desperate for this job. He has wanted to come to the PL for quite a while now and this is the best job he could ask for tbh. 

Wouldn’t be my choice but he would be interesting. 

24 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

What's the news here? That's what this annoying guy makes his living of.. Quoting sources, bullshitting.

He makes an annoying number of updates to squeeze every drop of info out of a story but he's not been caught bullshitting. His track record is near perfect.

Even after the Villa game, he was saying Chelsea is having an internal meeting when other Chelsea sources were saying Potter will be the manager for the Liverpool game. 

11 hours ago, Tomo said:

and benched Totti, dropped Sergio Ramos. His man management is good and I'm intrigued if he is indeed the appointment