Graham Potter Thread

ZAPHOD2319

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Should have finished the season for sure. For me his sacking was way more controversial than Tuchel's. 

No way 😂 If he didn't even get over the "more time" bs, we are looking for a looong years ahead…

It's like amputating some fatally infected limb - yeah, cutting it doesn't necessarily makes one better, but not like giving it more time actually does help the matter… 

8 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Should have finished the season for sure. For me his sacking was way more controversial than Tuchel's. 

How was it more controversial? Only controversy was hiring him in the first place given he had achieved nothing in the game.  Sacking someone who won the Cl after a handful of games is clearly more controversial. Everyone was waiting for potter to be sacked for literal months 

35 minutes ago, lucio said:

How was it more controversial? Only controversy was hiring him in the first place given he had achieved nothing in the game.  Sacking someone who won the Cl after a handful of games is clearly more controversial. Everyone was waiting for potter to be sacked for literal months 

Because at least the idea was understandable. Football under TT was horrid, there were problems off pitch and Potter was a next big thing for many people and we were planning him for long term. It didn't work well in the end but we gave a shot. What was the idea in sacking him 11 games before season ends and hiring Lampard nobody knows. 

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

Because at least the idea was understandable. Football under TT was horrid, there were problems off pitch and Potter was a next big thing for many people and we were planning him for long term. It didn't work well in the end but we gave a shot. What was the idea in sacking him 11 games before season ends and hiring Lampard nobody knows. 

Tuchel at his best produced better football than potter. 
if you have no track record you have to hit the ground running. 
only English media hyped potter up because English managers are all horrific  so it’s easy to stand out. 

13 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

More controversial? Fuck sake. Seen a lot of nonsense in my time but this is really up there.

How is sacking Graham Potter months after he should have been sacked as it was, more controversial than sacking a manager 7/8 games into a season after giving him nearly £300m in players and nowhere near enough time to work with them?

Sacking Potter when we did was too late yes and maybe should have let him just ride it out but sacking Tuchel was clearly more controversial and suggesting otherwise is just sheer stupidity by all accounts to the point where it is almost laughable. I mean there is no logic in it, at all.

Edited by OneMoSalah

17 hours ago, lucio said:

He’s barely the same level as moyes or Rodgers. Anyone who didn’t buy into the english hype could see he was gonna suck 

I don't see too many differences between him & Moyes.  They both got a top 4 job which was out of their league and they proved that the gap between mid-table & a top 4 side is massive (especially when it comes to managers). 

Rodgers has quality, maybe not top 4 quality but I wouldn't be shocked to see him at Spurs or somewhere in the top half of the table in the near future. 

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...