Graham Potter Thread

ZAPHOD2319

8 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

Enrique is like Zidane. They are managers and extremely good at managing a developed group of worldclass players to make them perform well. But they arent coaches, they dont develop raw players. 

There is a reason why Enrique took the Spain job instead of another club football job, bc there he can do the same - manage a group of developed worldclass players. 

But sorry, this Chelsea team desperately needs coaching, we have so many raw young players to develop, not to manage. 

He played 18 year old Pedri in the NT for Euros and got a performance from him, played Gavi vs Italy when he was 17 and got a performance. He played Ansu Fati, Balde, Pino. I don't think his Spain NT was a group of developed world class players.

6 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

So now you want experience after Potter had done fuck all in his managerial career.

The American asshats should stay out of it. Pair of morons 

2 minutes ago, Strike said:

He played 18 year old Pedri in the NT for Euros and got a performance from him, played Gavi vs Italy when he was 17 and got a performance. He played Ansu Fati, Balde, Pino. I don't think his Spain NT was a group of developed world class players.

Yes but at the NT, the coach doesnt develop players, he manages them. There is no basic coaching in the NT, all the developement of these young players took place at their clubs. 

8 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

So now you want experience after Potter had done fuck all in his managerial career.

I would assume that "the more experienced option" is Enrique, in which case I find this ridiculous.

I would rather have Nagelsmann, even if both of the options are wrong, imo. 

6 minutes ago, Strike said:

And regards to people calling Spain ”boring”. Thats true when the score is 0-0 and Spain got 80% of the ball. Funny thing is that i have never seen, Potters Chelsea aside, a team that missed so many 100% goal chances as Spain did. 

If Spain had Lewandowski or a decent finisher they would have won every game with 3-4 goals. I bet people wouldnt call them ”boring” then. 

Just now, Costa19 said:

If Spain had Lewandowski or a decent finisher they would have won every game with 3-4 goals. I bet people wouldnt call them ”boring” then. 

Well, if we had Lewandowski, I bet people wouldn't have asked for Potter to be sacked either. 

I just listened to a german podcast, where a well informed jounalist, who regularly speaks to Hoeneß, Kahn and co., gave his insides to Nagelsmanns dismissal. 

Basically there were 2 reasons why he was sacked:

1.) his age - he was too young and didnt have the authority in the dressing room with this group of big egos in the Bayern team. 

2.) his weird team selections and his weird substitutions/tactical changes during the game. He basically overwhelmed his players with his constant tactical switches between and during the games, constantly changing players positions and so on, leaving the players confused what to do, leading to the bad results since january. 

Im a fan of Nagelsmann, but if we get the Bayern Nagelsmann, he will fail, bc he will have the same problems here - big brat egos, tactical unintelligent players. They need a clear structure, u have to tell them excatly what to do, like dogs, otherwise they wont function.

This is why I want Nagelsmann to take a break till the summer to really evaluate his failure at Bayern to become a better coach.

With Poch or Enrique, u know what u get, there wont be any progression. But Nagelsmann has so much more potential, so much more room for improvement. 

Edited by Gundalf

6 minutes ago, Cosmin said:

Well, if we had Lewandowski, I bet people wouldn't have asked for Potter to be sacked either. 

Even prime Lewa wouldnt save Potter 😂 
We didnt make any progress at all with Potter tbf. 

7 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

I just listened to a german podcast, where a well informed jounalist, who regularly speaks to Hoeneß, Kahn and co., gave his insides to Nagelsmanns dismissal. 

Basically there were 2 reasons why he was sacked:

1.) his age - he was too young and didnt have the authority in the dressing room with this group of big egos in the Bayern team. 

2.) his weird team selectioons and his weird substitutions/tactical changes during the game. He basically overwhelmed his players with his constant tactical switches between and during the games, constantly changing players positions and so on, leaving the players confused what to do, leading to the bad results since january. 

Im a fan of Nagelsmann, but if we get the Bayern Nagelsmann, he will fail, bc he will get the same problems here - big brat egos, tactical unintelligent players. They need a clear structure, u have to tell them excatly what to do, like dogs, otherwise they wont function.

This is why I want Nagelsmann to take a break till the summer to really evaluate his failure at Bayern to become a better coach.

With Poch or Enrique, u know what u get, there wont be any progression. But Nagelsmann has so much more potential, so much more room for improvement. 

Number 2. is a copy of Potter..

30 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

Is it possible Boehly waited till Tuchel went to some other club before sacking Potter ?

I've been wondering the same thing honestly.  Only 9 days between Bayern hiring Tuchel and GP being shown the door