Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

23 minutes ago, Patrick Bamford said:

Obligation to buy... hard pass for me. There is a reason why Atletico not reluctant to sell Saul

It only says Atletico would want an obligation to buy, not that they would actually get it.

If there are no takers for a straight transfer or as a loan with buy obligation, they might well be persuaded into accepting a loan with a buy option as long as the loan club pays a good enough loan fee and full wages. We've seen the same many times when dealing with other clubs for players we want to move on, and if no club is willing to agree to the terms Marina wants the terms will be renegotiated.

I don't think it would be a disaster for Atletico to allow for a loan without an obligation. Saul has five years left on his contract so unless he has the worst season of his career he'd still retain his value for a potential sale later on to another club, and with the 'sizeable loan fee' they'd already have got some chunk of profit for him.

That said, if they are holding really firm with the buy obligation I would pass as well. I'm intrigued with the idea of trying Saul in the team to see if he can get back to his best in a new team, but also recognize the risks involved so a loan with an option would be ideal. The worst I would go for is a loan with a conditional obligation to buy if certain performance clauses are triggered (ie. the team winning title/UCL this season or Saul starting a set amount of league games) because if that happens he'd have likely been a success and would probably be bought anyway.

2 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Romano just confirmed he is ready to leave Atleti. We opened talks days ago, there is official bid on the table, loan with option to buy.

United in the race in last 24hrs, he's in the list with Camavinga...player is ready to move to the PL

I would love Camavinga but we have so many young players at this moment that Saul a season player will be better for this season. 

That being said I'm surprised Atleti will loan him? What's up with that picture? 

16 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Love to see Marina triggered tears from ManUtd fans cos their sales department is shit in contrast to ours 😭

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/transfer-tweets-2021-22-check-the-op-for-blacklisted-sources-before-posting.462930/page-415#post-27668814

19 minutes ago, Patrick Bamford said:

Love to see Marina triggered tears from ManUtd fans cos their sales department is shit in contrast to ours 😭

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/transfer-tweets-2021-22-check-the-op-for-blacklisted-sources-before-posting.462930/page-415#post-27668814

There are so many conspiracy theorists there and then there are people that understand that with the massive wages they give to squad players, they are impossible to sell.

2 hours ago, Fernando said:

I would love Camavinga but we have so many young players at this moment that Saul a season player will be better for this season. 

That being said I'm surprised Atleti will loan him? What's up with that picture? 

Saul and Kante pair would be very, very strong. 

Hopefully TT and our Spanish lads have been in his ear to convince him. Because if it’s about playing time ONLY and talk between the agent and our board I’m not sure he’d choose us over United whose team he walks straight into.

Man Utd's stance on Saul Niguez transfer made clear as Atletico Madrid make offer

It appears he will not be heading to Manchester before the transfer window slams shut next Tuesday, though, after the Red Devils seemingly ended their summer business with the £34million arrival of Raphael Varane from Real Madrid.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-utd-saul-niguez-transfer-24830246

Anyone with an information on our homegrown players situation at the moment? I may be wrong, but seeing the outgoings + academy outgoings and potential incomings + previous transfers I have a feeling we are heading towards the thin ice with this.

23 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

Anyone with an information on our homegrown players situation at the moment? I may be wrong, but seeing the outgoings + academy outgoings and potential incomings + previous transfers I have a feeling we are heading towards the thin ice with this.

Not an issue at all. So far our squad is made by just 22 players:

GK: Mendy, Kepa, Bettinelli (HG)
LWB: Chilwell (HG) , Alonso 
RWB: James (HG) , CHO (U21)
CB: Rudiger, Zouma(Kounde), Christensen (HG), Silva, Azpilicueta, Chalobah (HG)
CM: Kante, Jorginho, Kovacic
AM/CF: Mount (HG), Lukaku (HG), Havertz, Pulisic, Ziyech, Werner

NonHG - 14

HG - 7

U21 - 1

So we have 21 players who are not U21, we can still add 3 nonHG and one HG to the squad (of course we can also add 4 HG players and 0 nonHG). Saul is obviously nonHG, RLC is HG. Ampadu and Anjorin are still U21.

For CL is very similar, because out of these 7 HG, only 3 are FA trained (and 4 are club trained).