Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Is it me, or since Hazard we are only selling players to the clubs way worse than us?

In theory it's good, but looking at all the transfer rumors, I see zero interest in our players whatsoever, wich is quite funny for a CL winners. Always had been an interesting club.  

5 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

Is it me, or since Hazard we are only selling players to the clubs way worse than us?

In theory it's good, but looking at all the transfer rumors, I see zero interest in our players whatsoever, wich is quite funny for a CL winners. Always had been an interesting club.  

The bulk of our squad are on long contracts for starters. 

But realistically who are these big clubs similar or above our standing to come in and try to buy our players? The English clubs won't touch it, you only have to look at how hard it is for City to get Kane. The big English clubs will only usually deal with each other if one has a player that they're willing to offload.

Juventus, Barca, Bayern aren't in position this summer to make big moves. 

PSG have gone down the Galactico route.

Madrid have obvious priorities in Mbappe.

We'll have to see how Lukaku changes things, but winning the Champions League I think was very much a team effort and the group collective has been far more important than big individuals for us. Manager included in that assessment, at the moment it just feels like a great mix all round. Exciting times.

1 hour ago, ulvhedin said:

They are not financial wreck, where do you get that from?

Thought they were due to needing the super league and having to sell before buying, reportedly, up until this point, which is why I was surprised they are putting the money out for Mbappe.

14 minutes ago, DH1988 said:

Thought they were due to needing the super league and having to sell before buying, reportedly, up until this point, which is why I was surprised they are putting the money out for Mbappe.

No, they have money, but they preferred to be cautious with it because they were saving for Mbappe and Haaland next season. Don't know why they decided to go all out this season.

Florentino was so scared shitless and desperate to form the Super League because he said “football can’t survive in its current state” or something. And now they’re going to spend an outrageous amount for Mbappe and maybe also Haaland next year.

Pep must be absolutely livid. And the City ownership even more so.

They’d have surely gone hard for Messi again if they weren’t preoccupied with chasing Kane and now they’ll get neither. 

Ronaldo to City makes sense, said many times before we bought Rom that I'd of taken a punt on Ronaldo for £25m for one or two years.

City have absolutely done Kane over this summer, but he's got himself to blame to be honest, Spurs held all the cards.

Saul on loan + option to buy is a good deal for us, similar to Kova, and that worked out. If not, we can go all in for Rice next summer, everything is lining up VERY well for us this window.

I honestly couldn’t picture this lazy, old version of Ronaldo in the PL. And he doesn’t fit the profile of a City signing at all, really.

Messi made sense because of the Pep connection and he’s still essentially the same player he has been. Ronaldo has completely changed his game the older he has got.