Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

12 minutes ago, Artandur said:

If we are really considering a loan it confirms to me, that we are simply holding out for Rice. 

I think with Saul it's way more likely the club are simply reluctant to pay +40M and hand a 5 year contract with wages of more than 200K/wk to a player who has not been at his best level lately so a loan with an option to buy makes a lot more sense. If he can get back to his best in a new environment then activating the buy option next year is a no-brainer but if he's not a huge success he can just be shipped back to Atletico next year.

Even with a loan I'd think it's going to be an expensive deal, would assume roughly a £10M loan fee and paying his full wages so around £20M for the season. But the potential upside is huge if we get the prime-Saul so I'd definitely be willing to try.

Edited by Jype

1 hour ago, Atomiswave said:

Do you really believe he will grow complacent? I dont.....and TT would hand him his ass as soon as he sees it. No worries at all for me there.

We've already seen signs with some of his performances and diabolical passing. Jorginho also continued to start after those performances such as West Brom and Arsenal because he is the only holder we have that creates a balanced midfield. Tuchel doesn't have much of a choice. 

I love what Jorginho offers but I would be god damned if we go into the season knowing he is our only holding midfielder. 

I don't understand why Atletico will let one of their main players on loan

He had a poor season in LaLiga, but prior to that he’s been one of the most sought after midfielders in Europe for years

Jorginho-Kovacic-Kante-Saul it would sound daunting to opponents 

E9fw-ctXMAQCf5N?format=jpg&name=medium

Edited by milka

if true (it is based off Goal, so who knows)

well

😿

Chelsea players, move for £15m star now unlikely

https://www.thechelseachronicle.com/transfer-news/report-tuchel-decides-hes-happy-with-three-Chelsea-players-move-for-15m-star-now-unlikely/

Chelsea will seemingly not make a move for Aurelien Tchouameni or any other midfielders this summer due to Thomas Tuchel’s current outlook.

According to Goal, Tuchel is apparently content with his three first team central centurions, meaning signing a fourth is looking unlikely.

N’Golo Kante, Mateo Kovacic and Jorginho make up one of the finest midfield trios in world football.

Displacing or replacing any of the trident would be difficult for a new player arriving at Stamford Bridge.

Even if they are of the pedigree that have been linked to Chelsea this transfer window.

Declan Rice’s name has been constantly mentioned, whilst Eduardo Camavinga looked like an outside possibility.

West Ham United appear to have priced Rice out of a move, whereas Camavinga is being heavily monitored by Manchester United.

Tchouameni off the target list?

Another, more probable option, was Monaco’s Tchouameni, who only joined the club last January for €17.5m (£15m).

AS Monaco v Shakhtar Donetsk - UEFA Champions League: Play-Offs Leg One

The young Frenchman is already one of Europe’s hottest properties following a breakthrough campaign last year.

He played 42 times across all competitions and was named Ligue 1’s Young Player of the Season.

13 hours ago, milka said:

I don't understand why Atletico will let one of their main players on loan

He had a poor season in LaLiga, but prior to that he’s been one of the most sought after midfielders in Europe for years

Jorginho-Kovacic-Kante-Saul it would sound daunting to opponents 

From what I read from Atletico fans he was really bad in last 2 seasons, and some may think that change of scenery might help him restart his carrer - in that case they could ask for much more money then they will get for him now.

So, current situation with players:

1st team players (Azpi, James, CHO positions are of course fluid):
GK: Mendy, Kepa, Bettinelli
LWB: Chilwell, Alonso
RWB: James, CHO
CB: Rudiger, Zouma, Christensen, Silva, Azpilicueta, Chalobah
CM: Kante, Jorginho, Kovacic
AM/CF: Mount, Lukaku, Havertz, Pulisic, Ziyech, Werner

Out of these players there are still 2 uncertanities: Zouma, Chalobah - of course much depending on Kounde signing. 

Players who might end up with some role with 1st team:
Ruben Loftus-Cheek
Ethan Ampadu
Faustino Anjorin

With covid and rumored new CM it's hard to predict what are current status of these 3.

Players who were part of 1st team preparation but wasn't part of the official games and most propably won't be part of 1st team:

Lucas Bergstrom (GK)
Abdul Rahman Baba
Malang Sarr
Jake Clarke-Salter
Dujon Sterling
Davide Zappacosta
Ross Barkley
Danny Drinkwater
Tiemoué Bakayoko
Lewis Baker
Charly Musonda
Ike Ugbo

Out of these players Zappa and Ugbo are basically sold, Bakayoko propably will be loaned out, Bergstrom will propably stay with DEV team. That still leaves us with 8 players that has nothing to do, and with no rumors of any clubs being interested in them (maybe 7 if Musonda is still not match fit).

Edit: Emerson is already loaned out

Edited by ulvhedin

Spanish media now saying Saul is closer to United than us. So hopefully the club have other smart options they can go after. 

Just not sure they want to make a huge outlay on a midfielder this summer since Rice will be the #1 target next year. That’s why a loan for Saul made a lot of sense. 

Basically saying the same as Matt Law yesterday. RLC and Ampadu needs to be moved on before the club consider making a loan offer for Saul. Any loan deal would include a 'sizeable loan fee' and an option to buy at around £35-40M.

Edited by Jype

14 minutes ago, Jype said:

Basically saying the same as Matt Law yesterday. RLC and Ampadu needs to be moved on before the club consider making a loan offer for Saul. Any loan deal would include a 'sizeable loan fee' and an option to buy at around £35-40M.

Do you know what he means by "send bad message to current Chelsea players"?

RLC and Barkley have no further at Chelsea. Who cares if it “sends a bad message” to them? I doubt either of them are under any delusions that they can break into this team. They surely know they’re heading back out on loan.

If not Saul, a loan move for some midfielder is smart. 

1 hour ago, chelsea_4_eva said:

Do you know what he means by "send bad message to current Chelsea players"?

Could be many things.

Maybe he means the likes of RLC and Ampadu, who have had a full pre-season and are hoping to nail a spot in the squad as the fourth midfielder only to be told in the last week of the transfer window that they're being offloaded so the club can get another new high-profile player instead? But I don't think the club should worry too much about the kind of message a new signing sends to players who've already been deemed not good enough.

Or he could mean disrupting the flow of the current midfielders from last season? Don't think Jorginho and Kante would have anything to fear, but if Saul comes in and starts performing well it could mean bad things for Kovacic and him potentially being reduced to a bit-part role after good performances under Tuchel would be kind of harsh.

Either way, I think having four quality midfielders competing for two places in the starting XI can only be a good thing for the team's success. There are plenty of games to be played this season and if someone ends up playing less it's because the others are simply performing much better and that's what the team needs to compete for the league title and/or retaining the CL. In the current midfield situation I wouldn't necessarily want a huge money signing like Rice to come in (although I rate him really highly and still have hope for him to join later) but a loan signing with an option to buy would make a lot of sense.

Edited by Jype