Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Even if we sell Zouma... do we even need Kounde? It only makes sense if TT perceives him as an LCB, which would be odd, cos he usually plays on the right. 5 players for 3 positions is usually adequate...I see we are planning for the future here. Trev is the only CB I would consider young. Still 80m+ € is a huge investment for a position we are set up well in. Absolute luxury signing

Koundé would be Azpi’s long term replacement. He is still great to have in the squad but his pace and athleticism has been waning in recent years. Koundé is picture perfect for that RCB spot.

Pretty clear that TT very much rates AC and he will likely be the long term CB who plays in the middle once Thiago Silva moves on.

So a back 3 for the next few years of Koundé, AC, and Rüdiger. Has everything you’d want.

It's a big 'if' for now, but if we were to swap Zouma for Kounde within our squad and add a midfielder like Saul I would argue we'd have a very legitimate case for the strongest, deepest and most well balanced squad in world football with an excellent blend of youth and experience, and no glaring weaknesses.

It's a far cry to how we were shaping up just over 2 years ago with Hazard leaving and a transfer ban in place.

Yesterday showed yet again why relying solely on Jorginho as the holder would be a mistake. He was very leggy and defensively just poor. Giving him unlimited minutes with no real competition for him will have us see more of last season's West Brom and Arsenal performances where he literally gifts goals. 

6 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Yesterday showed yet again why relying solely on Jorginho as the holder would be a mistake. He was very leggy and defensively just poor. Giving him unlimited minutes with no real competition for him will have us see more of last season's West Brom and Arsenal performances where he literally gifts goals. 

Hes only effective in that area when kante is next to him imo.

12 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

You can see the complacency in his game at times. Be it being overplayed or lack of urgency given he knows he will always start. 

Do you really believe he will grow complacent? I dont.....and TT would hand him his ass as soon as he sees it. No worries at all for me there.

Just now, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Matt says Saul is dependent on moving Barkley and Drinkwater out on loan.

I think someone will be prepared to take a punt on Barkley on loan. I think we'll struggle to move Drinkwater unless we heavily subsidise his wage.

My only real views on Saul Niguez come from a couple of years ago when he was awesome. I remember people talking about him as an £80m+ player when he was linked with United a while ago. But reading around a few places and it seems he’s been really far away from that player he was for a bit?

As long as he’s someone that Tuchel himself has specifically asked for that’s great. He’s clearly highly talented.