Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

One dude says we’re in direct talks with Sevilla, another dude says there has been no contact.

Who to believe?

Romano, who says we are in direct contact with them.

Sevilla away to Getafe later today, interesting to see if he features.

3 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Romano, who says we are in direct contact with them.

Sevilla away to Getafe later today, interesting to see if he features.

They’ll likely continue to use him unless/until a move is sorted. Sevilla probably sees a pretty weak La Liga and fancies a go.

Maybe it was asked before, but how come we missed on RB duo of Konate and Upamecano, but are suddenly after Kondue, who seemed fourth wonderkid choice and ready to pay twice the price for him? Is he really better / more suitable, than those two or we just overslept the moment to get a CB?  

12 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

Maybe it was asked before, but how come we missed on RB duo of Konate and Upamecano, but are suddenly after Kondue, who seemed fourth wonderkid choice and ready to pay twice the price for him? Is he really better / more suitable, than those two or we just overslept the moment to get a CB?  

I think most people rate Kounde higher than Konate at least.  Konate started only 14 league games in the last two seasons for RB Leipzig (playing less then 1300 minutes out of 6120 possible) because he's been injured so much. Of course if he can get over his injury problems and re-start his development he can prove to be better value for money in the end, but at the moment I'd say it's not even close as to which of the two is the higher rated player.

I don't think Upamecano was an option in the first place, he wanted to go to Bayern and they confirmed the deal already in February. At that time we were something like 7th in the league and Tuchel had just come in so he obviously wasn't going to snub Bayern to sign with a team that still had a lot of question marks over them. If he'd have waited till the summer before confirming his next move he could've been persuaded into joining but he got the move he always wanted so he wasn't willing to wait.

Btw neither Konate or Upamecano got called up by France for the Euros but Kounde did. Kounde didn't play much either but at least he made the squad so for what it's worth I can only assume he ranks higher in Deschamps' opinion than the other two.

Saul Niguez, yes or no? Been some reports that the club are looking into his situation at Atletico.

Haven't seen much of Atletico in the last 1-2 years but a few years ago I'd have taken him in a heart beat and rated him really highly. Heard he's not been as good recently as before, but still only 26yo and hasn't suffered any major injuries so maybe he just stagnated a bit and needs a fresh challenge to get back to his best? Either that, or playing in Simeone's high intensity team has ran him into the ground at a very early age. 

Some reports are saying he's even available on loan so could be a low-ish risk gamble to see if he can reinvent himself in a new team? On a permanent transfer I'd probably pass but a loan deal with an option to buy could be an intriguing opportunity. As a player type I could see him fitting well in Tuchel's midfield.

Edited by Jype

10 minutes ago, Jype said:

Saul Niguez, yes or no? Been some reports that the club are looking into his situation at Atletico.

Haven't seen much of Atletico in the last 1-2 years but a few years ago I'd have taken him in a heart beat and rated him really highly. Heard he's not been as good recently as before, but still only 26yo and hasn't suffered any major injuries so maybe he just stagnated a bit and needs a fresh challenge to get back to his best? Either that, or playing in Simeone's high intensity team has ran him into the ground at a very early age. 

Some reports are saying he's even available on loan so could be a low-ish risk gamble to see if he can reinvent himself in a new team? On a permanent transfer I'd probably pass but a loan deal with an option to buy could be an intriguing opportunity. As a player type I could see him fitting well in Tuchel's midfield.

If there is a possibility for a loan move then to me it's a no brainer. Especially if we can get an option in the deal too.

It allows us to assess him as a fit for the squad, and to see like you said if his recent struggles are simply a case of needing a fresh start. If we get the Saul Niguez from 3 or 4 years ago, it could be a fantastic buy.