Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

46 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Saul is interesting. Could he molded into holder ala Jorginho?

perhaps

here the DMF/CMF's I rate to buy (and who are actually somewhat or fully available, either now or next summer)

most are hybrids capable of playing a holding positions, box to box, trad DMF (some far more than others) and trad CMF roles

Nicolò Barella
Jude Bellingham   
Aurélien Tchouaméni
Eduardo Camavinga  
Youri Tielemans  

Declan Rice (too expensive)
Sergej Milinković-Savić  
Saúl Ñíguez

Franck Kessié
Rúben Neves
Houssem Aouar    
Carlos Soler   
Kalvin Phillips  
Tomas Soucek 
Ismaël Bennacer   
Boubacar Kamara
Ryan Gravenberch   
Bruno Guimarães 
Ilaix Moriba (would be loaned out) 

Weston McKennie

I think Saul can actually play a bit like Jorginho, has been holder for Atlético before. 
however has been off the rails a bit since his injury. Would be mad expensive due to contract till 26

on the plus side he is not in the Spanish squad so maybe a bit more durable 

1 hour ago, whats happening said:

is tolisso so bad that he's not worth to buy him?

No, he is actually quite decent but I don't think he is the type of midfielder we are looking for. Not a Jorginho-type holder but fair enough passing and athleticism. No significant weaknesses. Regarded in isolation, he would be a good 4th choice still for 8m but I think we are looking for someone younger with a higher ceiling to be a long-term successor to Jorginho and don't want to buy run-of-the-mill players to block the development of our academy graduates.

3 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

I think Saul can actually play a bit like Jorginho, has been holder for Atlético before. 
however has been off the rails a bit since his injury. Would be mad expensive due to contract till 26

on the plus side he is not in the Spanish squad so maybe a bit more durable 

Every report said he is available this summer for 40m.

Obviously when people are speaking about selling players they are speaking about Zouma. Maybe Ampadu, RLC, Barkley?

I know club has financial benefit of keeping these players but I am just upset they are still called Chelsea players. Especially Drinkwater, if we extend him as well, I am gonna lose it.

3 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

40m is a lot for a 4th cm. ask Drinkwater lol

He is also Utd/Liverpool bound. And he would play much more there.

Here I would not play him ahead of any of our MFs. Was not even selected for EURO.

5 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

If it is the right transfer, I don't look at that person as a 4th, but as a person to share Kante’s time when he needs rest or has a knock. That person could be more valuable to the team and season than just a 4th. 

7 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

40m euros, ie £34m

And comparing Saul to Drinkwater is like comparing a bottle of Krug Brut to an alcopop 

Not saying he is my first choice btw, but he is in my top 10 or so for CMF's 

Plus he can play LB and LWB.

7 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Obviously when people are speaking about selling players they are speaking about Zouma. Maybe Ampadu, RLC, Barkley?

I know club has financial benefit of keeping these players but I am just upset they are still called Chelsea players. Especially Drinkwater, if we extend him as well, I am gonna lose it.

I think this is a product of thinking every player is an asset. Bakayoko is negative value at this point and I don't see him having a good enough season to convince anyone to actually pay for him. Let him and the dregs just run down their contracts.

10 minutes ago, Strike said:

I think this is a product of thinking every player is an asset. Bakayoko is negative value at this point and I don't see him having a good enough season to convince anyone to actually pay for him. Let him and the dregs just run down their contracts.

He hasn't done too badly in his loans, has he? Being a first team regular at clubs aiming for CL qualification in top5 leagues is definitely not a 'negative value player'. Just because the clubs hes been at are skint beyond any hope doesn't mean he's not a decent player for teams like that.  People put too much weight into his horrible and hopeless season for Chelsea in 2017/2018 but we have to remember that's only one season of his career so far, the rest of the time he's not been anywhere near bad. Obviously still not Chelsea level but just because a player is not good enough for us doesn't mean he can't actually be a really useful player for someone else. 

Drinkwater is the definition of negative value, but Bakayoko doesn't even come close. There's a reason why the club have triggered Bakayoko's extension option but are hoping for Drinkwater to just run down his contract.

Edited by Jype

10 hours ago, Pizy said:

None of these players will bring in any money. Getting a couple million in loan fees is surely not what our business is dependent on.

Purely wages, to save, sustain and lay some money back into the new signings.