Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

5 minutes ago, coolhead23 said:

I really hope we go all out on Kane ... Tammy could be a good swap deal in that. Both teams get a striker, London based. It is a ideally a win win for all parties except Spurs fans 🙂 

Levy would probably rather hang himself than face the Spuds fans if he sold us Kane.

7 hours ago, Alabama said:

he is more of Cristiano than Kai...

I see similarly in them also when Kai plays number 9. I mean Kai and CR. Never seen the kid. 

Edited by NikkiCFC

7 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Law reporting Le Arse interest in Tammy and we want £40m. 

Arsenal are interested in Tammy Abraham who Chelsea have already offered to a number of clubs as part of their search for a new striker.

As revealed by Telegraph Sport in June, Chelsea have explored whether or not Borussia Dortmund would be interested in signing Abraham as part of a bid for Erling Haaland.

It has also emerged that Abraham has been made available to Inter Milan and Tottenham Hotspur, with Chelsea also interested in Romelu Lukaku and Harry Kane.

Chelsea would preferably like to find a buyer for Abraham, who they value at £40million, before committing to a big-money bid for one of their main striker targets.

That has alerted Arsenal, among other Premier League clubs, although the Gunners are likely to need to sell players to get near Chelsea's asking price.

Abraham is expected to leave Chelsea this summer and the Blues have allowed a number of players to join Arsenal in recent years with Petr Cech, David Luiz and Willian moving across London.

Advertisement

Despite growing up in the Chelsea academy, Abraham was a boyhood Arsenal supporter who idolised Thierry Henry. So a move to the Emirates is likely to appeal to the 23-year-old, who wants to play regular first-team football and try to win back his England place in time for the 2022 World Cup.

Speaking during a loan spell at Bristol City, Abraham said: “To be honest I was an Arsenal fan. It didn’t make any difference at Chelsea.

“When you’re young and you choose who to support, if it’s a family thing, it’s a family thing. Luckily for me it was a family thing, so it wasn’t really a problem at Chelsea.

“Someone I looked up to was Thierry Henry. His variations of finishing, his movement, the way he dribbles… someone like that has a key impact on me. I would love to be as big as him and maybe even better.”

Abraham has been Chelsea’s top scorer in each of the last two seasons, despite the fact that he was frozen out by head coach Thomas Tuchel following the German’s arrival in January.

Kai Havertz, playing as a false nine, and Timo Werner, despite his difficulties in front of goal, were both preferred to Abraham, who did not make the Chelsea squad for the FA Cup or Champions League finals.

Advertisement

Alexandre Lacazette’s contract is due to expire next summer and Arsenal would be open to offers for the Frechman to try to help fund a bid for Abraham.

Having already signed left-back Nuno Tavares and still hoping to complete a £50m deal for Brighton’s Ben White, Arsenal will need to raise funds to act on their interest in Abraham.

West Ham United have also shown an interest in Abraham, but they cannot currently afford the £40m asking price, while Leicester City, who had been linked with the England international, have signed Patson Daka.

Abraham is one of a number of players Chelsea are open to selling and his departure would leave them needing to sign a striker, with Olivier Giroud joining AC Milan for a fee of around £1.7m.

And defender Marc Guehi, who spent last season on loan at Swansea City, is joining Crystal Palace with Chelsea securing a sell-on clause and matching rights on any future move which effectively gives them the chance to re-sign the 21-year-old.

You're late. ;)

3 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Dave and AC I think will re-sign. Zouma I see being sold this Summer. James isn't an issue with a 2025 expiry and Silva is 38 next season so not exactly crazy to have him on year to year. 

Rudi is the one to worry about imo. 

Edited by King Kante

With Giroud officially gone and reliable sources reporting that we’re actively shopping Tammy around, something has to be happening in the striker department. 

The fees we receive for Guehi, Emerson, Tammy, and Tomori would make a massive Haaland bid seem much more realistic. Finding buyers willing to pay decent change for Tammy and Emerson is proving difficult it seems, though.

Every day that passes makes it harder to see Dortmund willing to budge since they won’t be able to replace him. Feels like it needs to happen with at least a couple of weeks before the deadline. 

11 minutes ago, Pizy said:

With Giroud officially gone and reliable sources reporting that we’re actively shopping Tammy around, something has to be happening in the striker department. 

The fees we receive for Guehi, Emerson, Tammy, and Tomori would make a massive Haaland bid seem much more realistic. Finding buyers willing to pay decent change for Tammy and Emerson is proving difficult it seems, though.

Every day that passes makes it harder to see Dortmund willing to budge since they won’t be able to replace him. Feels like it needs to happen with at least a couple of weeks before the deadline. 

We will get Haaland, the club are just gathering cash and ready to flick the lot of it at BVB

19 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Wouldn't rule out Abraham staying due to the circumstances. 

12 minutes ago, Jas said:

Wouldn't rule out Abraham staying due to the circumstances. 

Agreed. In fact I think it’s more likely than not that he does stay because odds aren’t great with Haaland.

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

Agreed. In fact I think it’s more likely than not that he does stay because odds aren’t great with Haaland.

It'll be interesting to see what Tuchel does with Abraham in the pre-season games. 

If we are really desperate to sign Haaland, what's stopping Dortmund - regardless if they budge or not -  from really milking that desperation to get more money out of us like say 200 million instead of 150 million?

Also, if we really need to raise cash by selling players to buy Haaland or whoever, what's stopping potential buyers of those players from just backing out, not paying what the club want until they lower the price etc?