Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

19 minutes ago, Mário César said:

And I think the same but after he underperforming his value is weak

yes, which is why it makes no sense to me to contemplate dumping him now

plus this market is shite for selling all but a handful of players

literally every CF on the planet is potentially for sale (or has already moved)

I think this is the first time I can say this in my football-following life

Kane wants out badly or he would be the exception

Benzema turns 35 next year (2022), RM would so toss him under the bus if you waved enough money (far too much IMHO) in their face to help them grab a huge player now

Where I stand on transfers is this. If we can get a Håland or any other high celing/elite player then we should do. If our only options are players like Lukaku/Troare/Ings then don't buy anyone and use the youth or some of the loan players. 

We want 4th midfielder but from the perspective of that player is not that simply.

Jorginho and Kante had strong finish of the season. According to bookies they are in top7 most likely winners of Ballon d Or! So they are certain starters.

Kova is also someone TT likes a lot and will play his regular 2500-3000 mins. So where would that leave our 4th MF? Look how much was space there for Billy.

And I think we are back to 7 subs which means you have 2 players on the pitch, 1 one the bench which leaves that 4th guy in the stands.

So we either give that role to Gallagher or buy Tchouameni but making sure he knows that he will not play a lot in a first season or two.

15 hours ago, Jas said:

Greed? Dortmund haven't come out and explicitly said the amount that it would take for them to sell Haaland this summer, have they? The €175 million/£150 million price that has been thrown around has been mentioned only by the media and for all we know, it could be BS and the asking price could be higher.

And as I was saying to King Kante, I was speaking hypothetically. What if Dortmund really stick with their stance but just want to see how far we're willing to go for Haaland? Because at the end of the day, they're still the seller and if they aren't desperate to sell Haaland as we are desperate to buy him, then they can just milk us for good. Dortmund aren't just blindly a selling club because they also want to be competitive and with a new, bright young coach at the helm, they would want to try and achieve something big.

Have they ever done that aside from when clauses are well publicised?

The fact it's probably this summer or bust, as a few others have said, plays it part. No one here knows if we've actively registered our interest in him, but if we have, we either need to offer a figure that is in their ball park (£150m IMO) or move on and prevent another transfer saga dragging on till the end of the window.

7 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Have they ever done that aside from when clauses are well publicised?

I don't remember. I can't remember if they publicly stated the price but Dortmund wanted a minimum amount for Sancho last year and they even set a deadline for a bid to be put in (but of course, we know that United didn't give what they wanted and ended up not signing him). They had a gentlemen agreement with Sancho then but it's not the case with Haaland in this case. With him, you have some journalists saying £150m and some others just say a "big bid" (which can be any big figure). So, go figure.

10 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

The fact it's probably this summer or bust, as a few others have said, plays it part. No one here knows if we've actively registered our interest in him, but if we have, we either need to offer a figure that is in their ball park (£150m IMO) or move on and prevent another transfer saga dragging on till the end of the window.

I agree with the sentiment and while anything can still happen, I suspect we might not sign any striker in the end, especially if there's no indication of any progression with this Haaland interest in the next 2 weeks or so. 

34 minutes ago, Muzchap said:

So this is what it feels like to be a Spurs fan (minus the trophies of course) 👍

Spuds' best players always want to leave. Modric, Bale, Eriksen and now Kane. I'm glad we do not have that problem with this squad since Courtois, Costa, Hazard all moved on. At the same time, it makes me a bit cautious about signing Haaland, as he will always be linked away. 

3 hours ago, Jas said:

I don't remember. I can't remember if they publicly stated the price but Dortmund wanted a minimum amount for Sancho last year and they even set a deadline for a bid to be put in (but of course, we know that United didn't give what they wanted and ended up not signing him). They had a gentlemen agreement with Sancho then but it's not the case with Haaland in this case. With him, you have some journalists saying £150m and some others just say a "big bid" (which can be any big figure). So, go figure.

I agree with the sentiment and while anything can still happen, I suspect we might not sign any striker in the end, especially if there's no indication of any progression with this Haaland interest in the next 2 weeks or so. 

It will certainly be an interesting few weeks, nonetheless. I do worry that if the last bit comes to fruition, we could be in some trouble.

According to that:

- The club are interested in signing Kane and have sought to establish his intentions. It's believed that us moving for Kane would be more appealing to Levy because a cash-plus-player involving players such as Abraham, for example, may be more realistic in terms of affordability and positional requirements than what City could offer. No suggestion of a concrete approach as yet though.

- Nothing new from what we already know about Haaland. Dortmund don't want to sell; it'll take a huge offer to persuade them to change their plans. No indication that Haaland will force a move either and The Athletic also mentioned about the financial benefits the player's camp will get if they move next year instead.

- If/When the club concede defeat on Haaland, making one more attempt to re-sign Lukaku will be on the agenda. Lukaku is valued at over £100 million by Inter, whose financial troubles have been eased after selling Hakimi but they could sell another big name if the offer is too good to refuse. 

- The club had asked to be kept abreast of the Ben White situation (but doesn't seem like anything will happen).

- No mention of interest for Griezmann, Camavinga. 

2 hours ago, Jas said:

According to that:

- The club are interested in signing Kane and have sought to establish his intentions. It's believed that us moving for Kane would be more appealing to Levy because a cash-plus-player involving players such as Abraham, for example, may be more realistic in terms of affordability and positional requirements than what City could offer. No suggestion of a concrete approach as yet though.

- Nothing new from what we already know about Haaland. Dortmund don't want to sell; it'll take a huge offer to persuade them to change their plans. No indication that Haaland will force a move either and The Athletic also mentioned about the financial benefits the player's camp will get if they move next year instead.

- If/When the club concede defeat on Haaland, making one more attempt to re-sign Lukaku will be on the agenda. Lukaku is valued at over £100 million by Inter, whose financial troubles have been eased after selling Hakimi but they could sell another big name if the offer is too good to refuse. 

- The club had asked to be kept abreast of the Ben White situation (but doesn't seem like anything will happen).

- No mention of interest for Griezmann, Camavinga. 

Star Wars Reaction GIF

Edited by King Kante

Don’t panic buy Lukaku at the last minute, please. If Haaland is the guy we truly want just wait and hope for next summer. I know I’ve said repeatedly that we absolutely need a striker this summer but I’d rather we explore the loan market than spend over 100m on our second or third choice like Lukaku seems to be (after Haaland & Kane).

3 hours ago, Pizy said:

Don’t panic buy Lukaku at the last minute, please. If Haaland is the guy we truly want just wait and hope for next summer. I know I’ve said repeatedly that we absolutely need a striker this summer but I’d rather we explore the loan market than spend over 100m on our second or third choice like Lukaku seems to be (after Haaland & Kane).

Its now or never, he will not join us next season. There are more attractive clubs that will go for him by then.

13 minutes ago, Azul said:

Its now or never, he will not join us next season. There are more attractive clubs that will go for him by then.

I agree. But do our club see it that way?