Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

5 hours ago, LAM09 said:

I don't think Dortmund would be stupid enough to let greed get in the way of receiving double of next season's fee. The rumoured €150m fee is what they are holding out for, so the ball is effectively in our court; cough up or move on.

Greed? Dortmund haven't come out and explicitly said the amount that it would take for them to sell Haaland this summer, have they? The €175 million/£150 million price that has been thrown around has been mentioned only by the media and for all we know, it could be BS and the asking price could be higher.

And as I was saying to King Kante, I was speaking hypothetically. What if Dortmund really stick with their stance but just want to see how far we're willing to go for Haaland? Because at the end of the day, they're still the seller and if they aren't desperate to sell Haaland as we are desperate to buy him, then they can just milk us for good. Dortmund aren't just blindly a selling club because they also want to be competitive and with a new, bright young coach at the helm, they would want to try and achieve something big.

4 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Jesus. Arsenal’s transfer targets look like something out of the West Ham/Everton/Newcastle book. They’re going to be a million miles away from the top again.

Yet someone keeps waxing lyrical about them...

9 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

I also do not buy narrative that it is now or never. Reliable journos said that he is open to Chelsea. Why would not he choose us next summer?

If that is the case AG on loan would not be the worst move.

I would get Lewandowski instead. He still has 2-3 years football left where as AG is close to a finished article. 

Edited by avrobsws

On 14/07/2021 at 23:14, whats happening said:

i disagree with everyone here regarding barcelona. i think they made some good transfers this window and i think they are the clear favorites for the la liga next year. they are really deep with quality players all around the team except maybe the cb position.

Disagree. They are poorly run to a staggering degree, especially given their pre-existing advantages and Pessi. 

15 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Disagree. They are poorly run to a staggering degree, especially given their pre-existing advantages and Pessi. 

pessi? what is this twitter? 

just because they are poorly run they can still win titles.  

Imagine believing we are deluded enough to bid for Chiesa, an Italian player playing for the top Italian side, after he was the standout player for the Euro winners. The fact that no other outlets or credible sources are reporting it says it all.

Sky are clearly bored since no big moves are happening so they’re spewing bs for clicks.

32 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Isn't he on loan from Fiorentina?

Exactly. How can we send a bid to Juve for a loaned player ?? Surely it would be Fiorentian who we would have to send the bid too! 

If juve have an obligation to buy, does that mean Juve get first dibs and no other club can bid for him ?

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

I would be extremely happy with this

how much do you think Bayern would demand?

I think they would demand 100m at first but settle at 50 in principle 

but having said that they won’t sell their main asset this late in the window

Apart from that the problem for me is Lewas wage demands